• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The Quatermass Experiment was on earlier on Talking Pictures. I’ve never seen it before. Not bad for a 1955 Hammer - must’ve been one of the first. Quatermass was a brash American who rubbed the Brits up the wrong way. Jack ‘evenin all’ Warner played his usual even-handed policeman, Thora Hird a drunk woman, & Jane Asher as a child briefly featured. I'd never have recognised her if it hadn't been announced beforehand [by Caroline Munro] ex Bond girl & lust object.

The Quatermass Experiment was on earlier on Talking Pictures. I’ve never seen it before. Not bad for a 1955 Hammer - must’ve been one of the first. Quatermass was a brash American who rubbed the Brits up the wrong way. Jack ‘evenin all’ Warner played his usual even-handed policeman, Thora Hird a drunk woman, & Jane Asher as a child briefly featured. I'd never have recognised her if it hadn't been announced beforehand [by Caroline Munro] ex Bond girl & lust object.
Aren't we all?

The Lee family in 1968.

FJVtgKPXEAAt-vP.jpeg

I can't say how typical these pages are, but I feel instinctively that the difference in their preparation is somehow demonstrative of the differing characters of these close friends.

A page from the script of Taste the Blood of Dracula (1970) with Christopher Lee's annotations:

Fa5J-UQXwAINZmv.jpeg

A page from the script of The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973) with Peter Cushing's annotations:

Fa6Qdu4XkAA0N1M.jpeg

Quatermass 2 was on Talking Pictures yesterday. I saw it when I was a kid so only had the vaguest of recollections from it but I remembered the heaving alien stuff in domes.

Not a classic but not bad for a 1950s low budget ‘alien invasion’ sci-fi. The bad guys are extremely inept in their aiming with machine guns. Several actors you’d recognise from other stuff, including Sid James as a drunken reporter. The 'top secret plant’ parts were filmed largely at a Shell oil refinery.

Last edited:
I've got it on DVD.
Shame Savalas isn't on from the start, but it has a few comedic moments too.

Back