• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Storm Area 51" (Campaign To 'Raid' Area 51: Sept. 20, 2019)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I appreciate the humor in this, but ...

Given the growing moronity pandemic I fear there will be some folks who won't get the joke, with the result of something other than hilarity ensuing ...
Nearly 200K People Have Signed Up to Steal Alien Secrets from Area 51 in Late-Summer Raid

Pack your shades, your sunscreen and your coziest tinfoil hat, because the late-summer event of the season is happening in Nevada's scenic Area 51, and you're invited.

According to a tongue-in-cheek Facebook event called "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us," a ragtag army of alien hunters will meet up near the top-secret Air Force base in the predawn hours of Sept. 20, coordinate a plan of attack, then raid the grounds in search of captive aliens. Per the event's hosts (a page that posts memes and a guy who streams video games on Twitch), the delicate operation will involve running supernaturally fast — faster than the guards' bullets can fly — but will be worth it to "see them aliens."

So far, nearly 200,000 Facebook users have signed up to attend, with another 200,000 "interested" in the affair. [15 Far-Out Facts About Area 51]

This event is, of course, a joke (please, do not raid this or any other military base). Area 51 — a massive plot of desert about 80 miles (129 kilometers) northwest of Las Vegas — is a top-secret military installation that is infamously well-guarded by fences, radars and heavily armed "camo dudes" in white trucks. After more than 60 years of operations, the base's primary purpose remains classified and its grounds restricted to the public, fomenting an aura of spooky secrecy that has intrigued all manner of skeptics and conspiracy theorists for decades. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.livescience.com/65899-area-51-summer-raid.html

Given the growing moronity pandemic I fear there will be some folks who won't get the joke, with the result of something other than hilarity ensuing ...
It's going to happen.

I saw a Youtube video where a regular visitor to the area witnessed a couple of old ladies driving through the gate at speed. I have no idea what happened to them, but the Youtuber's reaction was 'wow - they're crazy'.

What are these people, the bad guy, tell the hero the plan

People are just plain goofy.

"We can move faster than their bullets..." LOL

We have a moron surplus.

... And more than a million applicants for inclusion in this surplus have signed on for the farce.

Some People Are Taking ‘Storming Area 51’ More Seriously Than Others

In the latest of the weird and wacky on the internet, a Facebook event entitled "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us" has gone viral. Over 1.3 million people have indicated that they're going to this 3 AM joke event on September 20th to stage a joint invasion of the military base and finally "see them aliens." The event has flooded the internet with attack plans and memes. Celebrities like Lizzo, Trevor Noah, Pewdiepie, and Danny Trejo have joined in on the fun. But while the original intent of the event may have been to get some likes and laughs, some are taking the raid a bit more seriously. Hotels and campsites in the area have reportedly recieved a boost in reservations because of the event, and the Air Force issued a stern warning to any potential raiders. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.forbes.com/sites/masons...a-51-more-seriously-than-others/#1d38da6821c2

Not to push an awful stereotype but 999,999 of these people won't move from their computer screens on this day let alone drive out into the Nevada desert. Ufologists don't do "raids". Now if extreme speculation and conspiracizing were sports... then things would be promising.

now all this for a high-altitude weather-balloon that crashed ages ago! but yeah, people stick to this kind of 'call bluff' and you get the weirdest possible outcome.. possibly, it's just another distraction-tactic to raid Dulce Base or land on Johnston Atoll, while the cameras are all focussed on area51. the truth will be out there, and I'm afraid it will be a very desillusioning and dramatic affair.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jul/16/storm-area-51-internet-meme-facebook-event

soon there be will a Majestic 12 million people too late for 'contact'. I don't think the Eben-Gray will get back to this world soon

2526.jpg

Last edited:
I have been to area 51. If you drive across Nevada on a secondary road you pass it, scrub and desert, fenced not very securely, as I remember a couple of strands of barbed wire, and noted as military property , for miles and miles. I posted a fortean experience on that drive that had absolutely nothing to do with aliens. It's a good area to test things that may fall down. The road isn't big enough for large group visits. No doubt the air force is doing something useful back there, and I'm sure that they have plenty of tear gas should anyone think they can "storm" it.

The helicopters and the 4x4s will get them and the numerous heavily armed men, personally i would tear gas them all

I believe Area 51 has signs saying they are allowed to shoot without any warning shots first. I don't see them using tear gas.

i got invited to this last week by a pal ... when i asked if he was serious about attending he said hes going but only to watch the crazies ... mind you hes borderline himself

i got invited to this last week by a pal ... when i asked if he was serious about attending he said hes going but only to watch the crazies ... mind you hes borderline himself

At least when the Victorians visited Bedlam they weren't taking their lives in their hands to do so.

That is correct, and it's no joke.
I can't think of the last time that the US military, not local police or national guard, actually shot at US citizens on US soil, I expect the orders are to meet any incident with proportional force . But I do hope that anyone planning to attend understands that the military really will not fool around. This is not an event I would attend to "watch". However as I said, if they travel by road it's gonna be a slow trip. Just all the media will slow them down.

I can't think of the last time that the US military, not local police or national guard, actually shot at US citizens on US soil, ...

Frontline facility security at Area 51 is handled by contractors, not by military personnel. This is unusual for a military installation, and it's one of that place's peculiarities that renders it considerably more dangerous than most ordinary military bases.

They would operate under military protocols. But yes that would make me even more nervous.

At least they better, it's my damn tax dollars.

Back