• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Storm Area 51" (Campaign To 'Raid' Area 51: Sept. 20, 2019)

There's always someone who doesn't get the memo calling off the exercise. To make matters worse, the sort of mindset that would swallow conspiracy theories about secret wonders at Area 51 is the same basic mindset that might see more recent admissions "it was just a joke" as obvious signs of a counter-storming conspiracy - signs that should be disregarded.
So should I take that comment to mean you aren't coming EG? Nevada is lovely this time of year.

The guy who originally started the Storm Area 51 (joke) campaign switched some weeks ago from a storm-the-base motif to a festival in the desert labeled AlienStock.

In the latest development, he and his company have pulled the plug on the AlienStock festival.
Storm Area 51 creator fears 'humanitarian disaster,' pulls out of own music festival

Picture Burning Man organized by the Fyre Festival bros, but with little gray aliens running amok.

That's what event creator Matty Roberts was worried the AlienStock music festival in southern Nevada was going to turn into, so he's pulled out of proceedings, with just over a week to go.

"Due to the lack of infrastructure, poor planning, risk management and blatant disregard for the safety of the expected 10,000+ AlienStock attendees, we decided to pull the plug on the festival," Roberts and his team announced via the AlienStock website. "We are not interested in, nor will we tolerate any involvement in a FYREFEST 2.0."

Back in July, Roberts' joke Facebook event "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us" went viral, with two million people worldwide clicking that they were "Going" to the highly classified US Air Force facility in Rachel, Nevada, to "see them aliens." ...

FULL STORY: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/alienstock-festival-creator-pulls-out/index.html

At least they weren't shot...phew.

If the airforce genuinely believed there was a possibility of their base being stormed and overrun, perhaps they would have issued orders to shoot (or shoot at) trespassers.

I can't think of a better deterrent to be freely published worldwide.

Perhaps they are not as concerned as we imagine.

What a complete mess:

“I sparked a movement while I was bored at 2 a.m.,” [Matty Roberts] said.

He had been inspired by a post that proposed stealing all of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes. Roberts wanted to try and top it — to marry the perfect blend of absurdity with pop culture.
[...]

Cody Theising, manager at the Little A’Le’Inn, said their worries were unfounded. Permits had been approved, parking and camping sites were being sold as needed, and a Las Vegas-based ambulance company had been contracted to provide medical tents and vehicles.

Undeterred, Theising said he has lined up his own musical acts in Rachel for Sept. 19-22. Separately, a UFO convention is being held in Hiko, about 45 minutes away.

Officials are still figuring a crowd will show up in Rachel. It could be 30,000 people, or it could be 10,000. Nobody knows.

Theising said Roberts sold out for money. Roberts and DiMaggio said the owners of the Little A’Le’Inn are capitalizing on the Alienstock name — even though they don’t own the rights to it. Roberts said he is making almost no money on the event.

https://www.latimes.com/world-natio...ow-a-2-a-m-social-media-joke-changed-his-life

Regarding the Dutch guys who trespassed:

Police said that Granzier and Sweep told them that they “speak, write, and read” English and saw the “No Trespassing” signs at the government facility, but decided to ignore the warning, because they wanted to see the facility, which is near Area 51, the military site long believed to be a secret alien holding site.
https://time.com/5675782/area-51-arrest/

This is concerning. Both these parties wanted to get attention, not do anything useful. It's now normal to follow random people on the internet, ignoring official information, rules, and systems that are in place for actual good reasons. (Another example, antivax. And also politicians disregarding laws and procedures.) Somedays I wonder if things were really improved by the Internet. It has some nasty side effects.

Only 4 sleeps to go. I'll be in Nevada on the 19th if anyone wants to catch up, you can message me. I will be leaving pretty early on the 20th as it is a fair drive out to Nellis. I'm staying at Caesar's Palace in Vegas, and have a rental car. BYO bulletproof vest & helmet, and gas mask. I have mine from my time in the M.E. Needless to say that I have a local Nevada lawyer on speed dial. This is still likely to wind up cheaper than your average trip to Vegas even if I do get fined. This should be an hilarious WW1 re-enactment.
Clearly whoever wrote this article is one of the joyless uptight generation of killjoys the millennium and the crappy Gen X helicopter parenting has spawned. Yes, the Darwin Awards are a rather grim form of humor, but wiping oneself out of the gene pool in a spectacular fashion does serve the collective good of deserving to be remembered as an object lesson if nothing else. I, for one, am fully prepared to face that at Groom Lake in a few days time. If I don't post back after the 20th, you know what has happened. I die without issue, and so without disappointment.

Only 4 sleeps to go. I'll be in Nevada on the 19th if anyone wants to catch up, you can message me. I will be leaving pretty early on the 20th as it is a fair drive out to Nellis. I'm staying at Caesar's Palace in Vegas, and have a rental car. BYO bulletproof vest & helmet, and gas mask. I have mine from my time in the M.E. Needless to say that I have a local Nevada lawyer on speed dial. This is still likely to wind up cheaper than your average trip to Vegas even if I do get fined. This should be an hilarious WW1 re-enactment.

Clearly whoever wrote this article is one of the joyless uptight generation of killjoys the millennium and the crappy Gen X helicopter parenting has spawned. Yes, the Darwin Awards are a rather grim form of humor, but wiping oneself out of the gene pool in a spectacular fashion does serve the collective good of deserving to be remembered as an object lesson if nothing else. I, for one, am fully prepared to face that at Groom Lake in a few days time. If I don't post back after the 20th, you know what has happened. I die without issue, and so without disappointment.

What an assholey response. You are entirely incorrect, BTW. The writer is a brilliant complicated biological machine.

And Gen X.

Last edited:

WTF, man. Hope you're just kidding.

What an assholey response. You are entirely incorrect, BTW. The writer is a brilliant complicated biological machine.

The Boeing 777 MAX is a brilliantly computerised aircraft, but the FAA won't let it fly.

'Who's that being dragged into a black suburban ? Say, It's AlchoPwn'.

Holy shit, he actually did it. Kudos man, if we're still alive when they let you out, let us know how it went down.

INT21 ;)

one of the joyless uptight generation of killjoys the millennium and the crappy Gen X helicopter parenting has spawned.
I don't think so, bud. She's astute, well-informed and compassionate. If you read the article and think about it, she's right.

If poorly-informed individuals choose to trespass a military facility and are punished with brute force, they might actually change the way they approach life. To laugh at their misguided intentions is fine but if people die in this stunt, it'll be tragic for someone. I should think anyone who's felt the extended sting of personal tragedy would appreciate that circumstances in real life are rarely so flippant as they appear online. I think the writer shows maturity and courage in pointing this out.

I don't think so, bud. She's astute, well-informed and compassionate. If you read the article and think about it, she's right. If poorly-informed individuals choose to trespass a military facility and are punished with brute force, they might actually change the way they approach life. To laugh at their misguided intentions is fine but if people die in this stunt, it'll be tragic for someone. I should think anyone who's felt the extended sting of personal tragedy would appreciate that circumstances in real life are rarely so flippant as they appear online. I think the writer shows maturity and courage in pointing this out.
A philosopher has an obligation to live dangerously. This is the first time the citizens of the USA have really stood up and challenged the Military Industrial Complex, and in that sense Sept 20th is already bigger than Woodstock. I choose to be a part of it, and if I get a Darwin Award, I hope my living relatives will incorporate it into my tombstone, as I can't think of a better epitaph. I'm flying out to Vegas tomorrow morning. It's gonna be a hoot.

A philosopher has an obligation to live dangerously. This is the first time the citizens of the USA have really stood up and challenged the Military Industrial Complex, and in that sense Sept 20th is already bigger than Woodstock. I choose to be a part of it, and if I get a Darwin Award, I hope my living relatives will incorporate it into my tombstone, as I can't think of a better epitaph. I'm flying out to Vegas tomorrow morning. It's gonna be a hoot.
Don't want to get too political but have you seen all the memes that say something along the lines of 'citizens realise they have the collective power to storm government facilities, and they choose Area 51 of all places?'?

Photographic documentation, please.

It's less than 600 miles from here to the shitshow, which is closer than my nearest relative. Still should be safe enough. If I lost my marbles and actually headed toward that mess, I'd consider myself lucky if all I got out of it was chafed wrists from the big zip ties the cops carry for such occasions, and a depleted bank account.

James_H,

I don't know about politics. This should be filed under 'psychology'.

(Am I allowed to suggest that ?)

There is an old joke that goes...

How many Californians does it take to change a light bulb ?

Five. One to hold the ladder, one to change the bulb, and three to share the experience.

So, one could ask, ;how many people does it take to prove that when the Military says 'Stay Away, or we will shoot you', that they really mean it.

Guess we will soon find out.

INT21

Last edited:
If these guys are honestly serious about storming Area 51 I should let them know I’m from Bermondsey. If they need half dozen Millwall supporters in the advance phalanx I could probably give them a couple of numbers?

If these guys are honestly serious about storming Area 51 I should let them know I’m from Bermondsey. If they need half dozen Millwall supporters in the advance phalanx I could probably give them a couple of numbers?
'Cos they're bulletproof, right?

Back