• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Storm Area 51" (Campaign To 'Raid' Area 51: Sept. 20, 2019)

@AlchoPwn - how's it going? I hope you're all having a (pleasant, metaphorical) blast!
It was a complete waste of time. I got into Vegas on the afternoon of the 19th and took in a show, which was probably the highlight of my trip. Then I gambled a little, and caroused in a bar, and recruited some road trippers for the following day. We all got up bright and early and drove out to be disappointed by the pathetic turn out, so we went to the rave, which was also pretty miserable, so I had to apologise to my recruits and drive everyone back. Because I thought I was potentially going to get arrested, I had left stuff in a pay locker, and I had to book a room and a flight that night, and while the room was easy I didn't get a flight until today. I got home about 2 hours ago. A disappointing and forgettable business.

It was a complete waste of time. I got into Vegas on the afternoon of the 19th and took in a show, which was probably the highlight of my trip. Then I gambled a little, and caroused in a bar, and recruited some road trippers for the following day. We all got up bright and early and drove out to be disappointed by the pathetic turn out, so we went to the rave, which was also pretty miserable, so I had to apologise to my recruits and drive everyone back. Because I thought I was potentially going to get arrested, I had left stuff in a pay locker, and I had to book a room and a flight that night, and while the room was easy I didn't get a flight until today. I got home about 2 hours ago. A disappointing and forgettable business.
Awww. Glad to see you're still in one piece.

Awww. Glad to see you're still in one piece.
I am less glad. I thought at very least the desert rave Alienpalooza was going to be a bit of a Burning Man, but one of a kind, event, but it didn't measure up. I went up to the fence at least, and frankly, there were only about 20 goons. I am half of a mind that even 2000 people could have rushed it effectively. I am grumpy cat, and not dead enough for my liking.

I am less glad. I thought at very least the desert rave Alienpalooza was going to be a bit of a Burning Man, but one of a kind, event, but it didn't measure up. I went up to the fence at least, and frankly, there were only about 20 goons. I am half of a mind that even 2000 people could have rushed it effectively. I am grumpy cat, and not dead enough for my liking.

AlchoCat:

index.jpg

Well I was hoping for better stories, but you would no doubt be much the worse for wear so it's just as well I suppose.

Maybe next year. You know Burning Man started out as a party and a bonfire on the beach. You can claim to be one of the founders if it really takes off, though the guy who pissed on the gate might have the best bragging rights.

Well I was hoping for better stories, but you would no doubt be much the worse for wear so it's just as well I suppose. Maybe next year. You know Burning Man started out as a party and a bonfire on the beach. You can claim to be one of the founders if it really takes off, though the guy who pissed on the gate might have the best bragging rights.
So now I'm an Alienpalooza pioneer? Perhaps the weekend wasn't a total waste (LOL, as if).

Translation: show off our superiority over the baby boomer generation.

I’m proper impressed that the girl from Stranger Things can use a felt tip to write on the air!

maximus otter

*Sigh* well, I suppose if they hold a rave there every year, they might eventually get the numbers up to the point where they can try in earnest.

Hmmm. That's a bit ageist, considering that some of the people who went there are 'boomers'.
Many of the millenials I've known have a hard time with objective facts. Such as Work starts at 7:30.

Do you have 4.5 million dollars to spare?

The world famous UFO ranch and iconic black mailbox that sets next to Area 51 is for sale.

The black mailbox is probably more famous than the ranch as people make pilgrimages to this mailbox for pictures.

A philosopher has an obligation to live dangerously.
I used to think that's what they do. Now I see the belief as kind of dumb. Rather, a philosopher's obliged to challenge the moral limits of their social paradigm. You don't need to surf the subway for kicks. That's the purview of the reckless.

I thought the Philosophers obligation was to make sure someone else did the work?

Back