• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Bus Journey

Unfortunately my life is too boring to make a decent story.

Well I enjoyed reading your op and all the replies trying to figure it out.

It may well be, as you say, a relatively minor piece of oddness but no less worthy of note for that. Just suppose that all your fellow pasenger each had their own and separate reasons for not going in that day leaving you the only person to notice and be disconcerted by it? Well it's an explaination of sorts but it's a lot of concurring absences to have been brought to your attention. Only your noticing made them into a multiple coincidence but is there any meaning that can be attached to that?

It seems that most coincidences intriguing/helpful as they may well be to us as individuals get blown away in a puff of probability statistics/logics when you examine them. Ah but maybe not, perhaps there is afterall more to it that that. Fascinating to speculate. :)

Sollywos x

leap-frogging buses, they were all on the other, they didnt notice your absence

Love these glitch in the matrix stories! Thank you for sharing.

This morning in the park where I regularly walk my dog, there was a tree (not newly planted) that wasn't there before. I kept looking at it thinking, why have I never noticed a tree there before, that's bizarre. I would've bet my life on there being no tree on that patch of grass, if I had to. And I'm a nature lover who likes her trees.

Wouldn't have thought to mention it without reading your thoughts on reporting bias, and it is little every day odd things like this that are interesting, I think.

This morning in the park where I regularly walk my dog, there was a tree (not newly planted) that wasn't there before. I kept looking at it thinking, why have I never noticed a tree there before, that's bizarre. I would've bet my life on there being no tree on that patch of grass, if I had to. And I'm a nature lover who likes her trees.

Wouldn't have thought to mention it without reading your thoughts on reporting bias, and it is little every day odd things like this that are interesting, I think.

Years ago there was a Guardian article about trees that seem to be sometimes there and sometimes not. This was before the internet. I wish I'd cut it out and kept it.

One day I'll go to a library and do a search for it in the online Guardian newspaper archive.

It's the little things like this that could easily mean that we slip into other realities/dimensions/universes more often than the more 'major' glitches would have us believe. (For those of us who believe it happens at all, that is! :) ) Because we just go about our days, oblivious to most things, so when a tree (or a phone box ;) ) is there one day and not the next, or vice versa, or a shop has changed, we just go "oh I never noticed that before" and carry on with our day.

Which, conversely, is also a good argument against it being anything like a glitch.

And now I've talked myself into a circle.

Years ago there was a Guardian article about trees that seem to be sometimes there and sometimes not. This was before the internet. I wish I'd cut it out and kept it.

One day I'll go to a library and do a search for it in the online Guardian newspaper archive.

Ooh I'd love to read that! :D

EDIT to finish a sentence I'd started and then must've forgot to finish.

Last edited:

You must be referring to those trees that can walk around and quite often, when they tire of the view, they will simply uproot themselves and traverse to another location.

Here's a tree from a Reddit Glitch in the Matrix case that appeared suddenly in a place it hadn't been in before.

Attachments

• Appearing tree.png
    Appearing tree.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 21

i wonder if there were other, more prominent things around the tree- other trees, shrubs, nettles- that have been removed that now make the mystery tree more noticable?

i wonder if there were other, more prominent things around the tree- other trees, shrubs, nettles- that have been removed that now make the mystery tree more noticable?
Not around the tree itself, but it's a little intersectional piece of grass, formed between footpaths, and usually the park wardens do something with it like grow daffodils in a crescent or leave a section of it to grow wild for a season, so it's entirely possible my attention has always previously been on what was being grown on it at any one time.

Also, there's a bush that borders the bottom of it that once grew the most spectacular red berries. I keep looking for the return of the berries, but not so far. So, again, my attention elsewhere.

I'm quite keen to go back to the park and see if the tree is still there!

Years ago, pre-internet, there was a Guardian article about trees that have always been there, then aren't, and nobody remembers them, and then they're back. Wish I'd cut it out and kept it as I sometimes do!

The article ends with a the writer describing some trees she remembered from her childhood which were apparently cut down before she was born. She says 'I wonder when they'll come back?'

I will have to get to the library and search the Guardian archives some time.

Sorry I caused a certain confusion -- one of those images that you download but not bother to take note of the exact source of. I seem to recall one of Jenny Randles' UFO cases that involved the witness noticing a tree that she was sure hadn't been there before her sighting, but despite scanning both Time Storms and Supernatural Pennines, can't locate it.

Back