• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

gerhard1

Abominable Snowman
Three strange emergency calls from a seemingly deserted house in a Texas town lead to a very strange case. The video is quite fair to all sides , both believers and skeptics.

Haven't watched the video, but I thought this was a viral Internet hoax, created to promote a horror movie.
Bit like the Blair Witch.

“...many have come to the conclusion that the whole story is a viral hoax or marketing for a movie in the works. Here is what is currently known:

No obituaries or death certificates under the name “Olivia Mabel”, “Olivia Jane Mabel”, or the maiden name listed on the Aiden Mabel death certificate; “Olivia Renee Harper”.

A death certificate for Aiden Travis Mabel Jr. does exist, but its authenticity is unverified.

No family members of the Mabels have ever been interviewed or contacted for information or insight into this case. Travis Mabel is possibly the most undocumented person in the story. Some report that he moved to New England and remarried before Olivia was found but no records or social media accounts can be linked to anyone that fits his age, name, or background.

There are also very few pictures of those at the center of this story. Only one picture of Olivia is ever shown and only one photo of Aiden in used in articles about the Mabels. There are no pictures of Travis.”

maximus otter

PS: Sorry, but the page comes automatically with the link...

...If it were just movie marketing, where is the movie?

I wonder if, rather than viral marketing, stories of this type might sometimes be fishing trips, designed to see what level of interest and enthusiasm a particular plot arouses - viral market research, rather than viral marketing, I suppose. I dare say this would be a relatively cheap way of doing it, too. (And there can, of course, be years between the formulation of an original idea and any actual cinema release.)

The odd thing about this is that I feel like I read about it online in the late 90's/early 200's, before photos were posted or anything like that. When I came across a mention of this in a podcast, I felt like I had read about it a long time ago, and not here or the Wunderkabinett, but one of my cult movie websites where we routinely talked about such cases.

I found an article that indicates that a production company did make a short film based on this, but apparently they were treating it as a real item as well (unless that was just the hype machine):
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- ElfTree Media are a group of creative individuals based out of Los Angeles, California. After two years of work setting up a successful podcast network, the diverse team is now focusing their efforts on a new media branch for 2016.

Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160203/329348

The first project to come out of the newly formed company will be a short supernatural horror film called Thoughtform. Set deep in the boonies of Nowheresville, Texas, the film is inspired by the unsolved mystery of a grieving North Texas mother who was found dead in her ranch house in 1994. The grisly story was discovered when ElfTree founders Ian McNeny and Joe Moralez were researching for their weekly podcast High-Dere. The strange and lonely story of Olivia Mabel struck a chord with the two Texas natives and the plan to tell her story on film was set in motion.

Read the original story at: oliviamabel.com

Screenwriter Martyn Eaden was brought in to help develop the story and to write the script, while fellow Texan filmmaker Shelby Cook was tapped as Cinematographer. As most of the story takes place on an isolated ranch at night, it was decided that the entire film should be shot on the Sony a7S II; a camera that is unparalleled for low-light sensitivity.

Over Thanksgiving, 2015, the team took a trip to Celina, Texas to scout locations bearing a resemblance to the original Mabel house. Over several cold and rainy days, the team shot test footage that became a teaser for the film.

Hear the plan for the film and see the teaser at thoughtformfilm.com

The teaser has caused quite a stir online, prompting several Paranormal Investigators to dig into the Olivia Mabel case.

Read an article from America's Most Haunted: elftree.co/am-most-haunted

Martyn Eaden will be Directing the film, Ian McNeny will be Producing and Editing while Musician and Songwriter Joe Moralez will be producing, scoring and adding sound design to the final project.

Please visit their website for updates on Thoughtform and many of their upcoming ventures in 2016.

elftreemedia.com

Media Contact: Ian McNeny, ElfTree Media, 323-943-2427, [email protected]

News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com

SOURCE ElfTree Media

Credit: ElfTree Media

Back