• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
It happened again last night. I have my brother and my nephew staying for the weekend in a few weeks’ time and was chatting to Mrs DT about buying a new duvet and pillow set for the spare room that they will stay in.

10 minutes later I received an email from Wayfair, inviting me to look into their new “DUVET set range from £14.99”

Yes, you're right. I think I was thinking of the relationship to me? I get really confused by family trees - it's one of those things that my brain just can't compute :hahazebs:
I have loads of cousins with their own partners/kids/stepkids/grandkids and they're all my cousins. It's easier that way. :chuckle:

Last night I was watching a Tony Robinson series about historical Brits which featured a woman whose great-great-great-great-grandmother had some fearsome occupation.

I thought Four generations, it's not actually going THAT far back. I am a grandmother and I remember my mother's mother Nancy, born 1908, who used to talk about her own mother and grandmother. They're only just out of living memory really.

I have loads of cousins with their own partners/kids/stepkids/grandkids and they're all my cousins. It's easier that way. :chuckle:

Last night I was watching a Tony Robinson series about historical Brits which featured a woman whose great-great-great-great-grandmother had some fearsome occupation.

I thought Four generations, it's not actually going THAT far back. I am a grandmother and I remember my mother's mother Nancy, born 1908, who used to talk about her own mother and grandmother. They're only just out of living memory really.
I remember going back 20 years or so reading of a chap writing about his grandfather being born in the late 18th century. Must take some beating.

It's equally surprising at first (but marginally less so, when you do the sums) to learn that presidents Taylor and/or Tyler have grandsons alive to this day.

I hope there is nothing more to this:
6027-C795-7-CA3-4-EDE-8-B78-DBEE60-A56-F03.png

I'm not even sure what to call this one but I'll try .. I just wish I could provide a timeline but life doesn't always allow us to have a pen and paper so wish me luck please because this is Back To The Future level stuff and I'm not Doc Brown ..

My Mum passed away, she was cremated, we buried her a couple of days ago ..

I'll skip to the end .. Marty Wilde's about to play Cromer Pier in three days time.

One of the places my parents used to go to as teenagers was a Midlands nightclub created/owned/whatever by Marty Wilde .. Rock 'n' Roll UK pioneer since '57 .. I wasn't even born or even thought about yet ..

I still wasn't even aware of someone called Marty Wilde .. I knew about a famous woman called Kim Wilde, she was that one on TV in the 80's who sang that 'We're the kids in America' song .. then a mate's Mum turned out to be friends with hers. I was impressed but I never met her. Marty's daughter apparently.

Fast forward to the early 90's and Mum and Dad ended up accidentally sharing a small rental boat with Marty Wilde in Grenada .. they didn't know each other but I remember my Mum telling me " .. and me and your Dad used to go to his nightclub!" .. *yawn*

Fast forward to recently and (no tears please) my Mum carked it. Shit happens, I decided I was going to put a hag stone in her grave which is what I did .. a connection to me in Cromer.

The next morning, my Dad made a lame joke (but he meant well) about "You look like you've lost a stone?" then he gave me a stone he'd taken from my Mum's grave site.

I put it in that tiny pocket anyone who owns a pair of jeans knows to keep it safe and I wondering what to do with it from here? .. I'll also cark it one day .. it's inevitably just going to end up in a rubbish bin one day?, nobody else will think it's anything important ?..

So I'm firing it into the ocean off the end of Cromer Pier.

The same Pier I've genuinely only just discovered Marty Wilde and the Wild Cats have decided to perform at in three days time. Weird as fuck Fortean life synchronicity. I suppose I could ask Marty Wilde to do it but I'm not going to because she was my Mum, not his and the circle is accidently complete with the Cromer hag stone now buried in her grave also all happening at the same time by a combination of thought and coincidence.

https://www.cromerpier.co.uk/show-page/marty-wilde-&-the-wildcats/873615949/

Last edited:
My condolences, bruv. Thinking of you.
Thanks bruv .. it wasn't fun .. although after I addressed the vicar as Father, he asked me not to say that again because "I feel old enough already!" .. he came to the wake, complimented my hat so I put it on his head .. I badly just wanted to get drunk instead .. so vicar John (with his accent, he's Irish then lived in America is all of our best guesses?) went off on one about how he used to have a beard .. it was a weird day, I re met people I'd not even thought about since back when we were all teenagers together, lots of hugging each other involved .. that bloke who'd caught his hand in that machine back then? .. even he was there and his wife told me she's got 4 kids now :)

It happened again last night. I have my brother and my nephew staying for the weekend in a few weeks’ time and was chatting to Mrs DT about buying a new duvet and pillow set for the spare room that they will stay in.

10 minutes later I received an email from Wayfair, inviting me to look into their new “DUVET set range from £14.99”
Yeah, that kind of thing has happened with more and more frequency to me. I mention something (hadn't looked on the web for it, and no phone is on or TV turned on...) but I get a specific ad or article email touting the mentioned thing within an hour or so. (Once for totally bleached out "hairstyles" as I recall.) But I really did start noticing the coincidences after I'd installed some Amazon Firesticks on two TVs.... I never use "Alexa" as far as I know, that is. But maybe she's just moved in like an internet eavesdropping ghost?

However, there are some of these connections that have happened after I just think about something. I looked up a text to my friend Lillian where I remembered we were talking about this stuff. Here's the text from March 31, 2021 -- I also note that oddly, it was almost one year ago today. I'm blocking Lil's reply since I haven't asked her if she minds having her text posted, but she mentioned thinking about ziti recipes and getting a spammy email about them:

MatrixExampleFT.png

Last edited:
A friend stayed over this week and we'd not seen each other for over a year so over a few drinks we started the "Do you remember when" game. He reminded me of the time we were walking through London (mid 90's I'd guess) with his girlfriend at the time who was telling us about her sister. Her sister was the PA to someone pretty high up in some government department. One time she noticed a desk drawer was open and went to close it but noticed a stack of polaroid photos of her boss and a couple of women engaged in a particularly "dirty" form of sexual activity. She took a quick look at the other photos then closed the drawer. But her boss wasn't the only man in the photos. A very famous English actor was also involved in the, er, fun. She gave us three guesses as to who it might be and of course we couldn't so she said very loudly, it was XXXXXXX XXXXX. And at the exact moment she said his name this actor walked round the corner and literally bumped into us. He looked at us and we all burst out laughing, including him. He asked what we were talking about to mention him and of course we declined. Talk about the cosmic joker

Edit: And of course I'm not going to tell you who the actor was
It seems it should be Michael Caine. His book, "The Elephant to Hollywood" was very good.

Yeah that thinking about things but not looking them up or even mentioning them out loud and then getting at ad for same has happened to me as well. I'm a bit scared of computers and wouldn't have Alexa and her like if you paid me!

A day or two ago I was looking for something I may have mentioned in an old post, and among the few hits on my search that I bothered to look at was something I posted in the "The Worst Tarot Deck In The World" thread in January 2020. Today there was a post to that thread (by @uair01) - the first post to the thread since April 2021. Immediately above that 2021 post was another from the same day quoting my January 2020 post.

My wife won tickets to see 2CELLOS. I'm not too familiar with them, and made a mental note yesterday to look them up. On the way home I felt a strong desire to hear "Erbarme Dich" from Bach's St. Matthew's Passion - my first classical craving in quite a while. After I listened to a few versions, what does YouTube suggest I listen to next? A video by 2CELLOS.

My wife won tickets to see 2CELLOS. I'm not too familiar with them, and made a mental note yesterday to look them up. On the way home I felt a strong desire to hear "Erbarme Dich" from Bach's St. Matthew's Passion - my first classical craving in quite a while. After I listened to a few versions, what does YouTube suggest I listen to next? A video by 2CELLOS.

Congratulations - you fit the algorithm!

Those guys are amazing!
Note: They get through a lot of horsehair.

Last edited:
Back