• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Crimes

What would you do with a statue of a giant mackerel?

Staff at the St Andrews Aquarium were "gutted" after thieves made off with Big Mac, a giant statue of a mackerel.

The 6ft (1.8m) model disappeared from outside the Fife attraction following graduation festivities in the university town on Friday, 29 June.

Aquarium director John Mace said the statue was "quite heavy" and would have taken two or three people to lift.

Police have been informed, but Mr Mace said there would be "no questions asked" if Big Mac was returned.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-44730906
Presumably the perps think it's a case of finders, kippers.

A real nutter, even for a truck driver.

A truck driver has been jailed for 15 years for crushing a man three times before driving away and laughing.

Billy Lloyd, 28, was driving in a flatbed truck when he saw the victim in a car driving on the opposite side of the road.

Lloyd started angrily gesturing to the man, who is in his 20s and known to Lloyd, and after the vehicles passed Lloyd turned around and followed the victim.

The victim pulled over into a layby, in Herne Bay, Kent on 8 June, to get out and speak to Lloyd, but was instead pinned between two vehicles as the truck was driven directly at him.

Lloyd reversed the truck a few feet before driving at the victim again and crushing him.

As the victim fell to the floor and tried to crawl under the car to safety, Lloyd reversed and drove the truck over his legs.

As Lloyd drove away the victim said he could hear him laughing.

The man was left with serious leg injuries and was airlifted to hospital where he needed extensive surgery and treatment to repair the damage.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/m...ree-times-before-driving-away-laughing/15/07/

Satanic sacrifice: Siblings gouge out mother’s eyes & bathe in her blood to ‘invoke devil’

Three siblings in Peru have admitted murdering their 75-year-old mother in a horrific, gruesome Satanic ritual that involved gouging her eyes out and removing her intestines.

Peru_murder_trio.jpg

Peruvian woman Teodora Quispe Ccayllahua, was brutally killed by her children, Aurelia Quispe, 38, Percy Quispe, 41 and Marcelina Suane, 46, after the “master of darkness” allegedly ordered them to bathe in her blood.

The victim’s youngest child told police she was “chosen” to carry out the sacrificial killing and admitted to convincing her two siblings to murder their mother. Aurelia also told police she was instructed to bathe in her mother’s blood, “invoking the devil.”

Ccayllahua’s body was found inside her house in the mountainous village of Andabamba, in northern Peru on Saturday with some of her organs missing, including her intestines.

Police commissioner Julio Torreblanca told the Peru 21 TV channel that Aurelia also gouged out the woman’s eyes in the killing, before the group dumped her cut-out insides into a nearby pond. One of the victim’s eyes and internal organs was recovered from the water.

The master of darkness ordered me, the king of demons is already with us, we are more and every day we will become bigger,” said the reported ringleader of the group upon her arrest.

All three were captured by the National Police and have reportedly confessed to their part in the murder. In Peru a homicide conviction can carry a lifelong prison sentence, however the trio is expected to undergo a mental health evaluation, reports elPopular.

https://www.rt.com/news/433573-satan-killing-mother-peru/

maximus otter

Satanic sacrifice: Siblings gouge out mother’s eyes & bathe in her blood to ‘invoke devil’

Three siblings in Peru have admitted murdering their 75-year-old mother in a horrific, gruesome Satanic ritual that involved gouging her eyes out and removing her intestines.

Peru_murder_trio.jpg

Peruvian woman Teodora Quispe Ccayllahua, was brutally killed by her children, Aurelia Quispe, 38, Percy Quispe, 41 and Marcelina Suane, 46, after the “master of darkness” allegedly ordered them to bathe in her blood.

The victim’s youngest child told police she was “chosen” to carry out the sacrificial killing and admitted to convincing her two siblings to murder their mother. Aurelia also told police she was instructed to bathe in her mother’s blood, “invoking the devil.”

Ccayllahua’s body was found inside her house in the mountainous village of Andabamba, in northern Peru on Saturday with some of her organs missing, including her intestines.

Police commissioner Julio Torreblanca told the Peru 21 TV channel that Aurelia also gouged out the woman’s eyes in the killing, before the group dumped her cut-out insides into a nearby pond. One of the victim’s eyes and internal organs was recovered from the water.

The master of darkness ordered me, the king of demons is already with us, we are more and every day we will become bigger,” said the reported ringleader of the group upon her arrest.

All three were captured by the National Police and have reportedly confessed to their part in the murder. In Peru a homicide conviction can carry a lifelong prison sentence, however the trio is expected to undergo a mental health evaluation, reports elPopular.

https://www.rt.com/news/433573-satan-killing-mother-peru/

maximus otter
:wtf:

A real nutter, even for a truck driver.

A truck driver has been jailed for 15 years for crushing a man three times before driving away and laughing.

Billy Lloyd, 28, was driving in a flatbed truck when he saw the victim in a car driving on the opposite side of the road.

Lloyd started angrily gesturing to the man, who is in his 20s and known to Lloyd, and after the vehicles passed Lloyd turned around and followed the victim.

The victim pulled over into a layby, in Herne Bay, Kent on 8 June, to get out and speak to Lloyd, but was instead pinned between two vehicles as the truck was driven directly at him.

Lloyd reversed the truck a few feet before driving at the victim again and crushing him.

As the victim fell to the floor and tried to crawl under the car to safety, Lloyd reversed and drove the truck over his legs.

As Lloyd drove away the victim said he could hear him laughing.

The man was left with serious leg injuries and was airlifted to hospital where he needed extensive surgery and treatment to repair the damage.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/m...ree-times-before-driving-away-laughing/15/07/

A friend of mine, part of a criminal law practice, once had to help defend someone accused of doing similar. She had to watch the CCTV of it over and over. (It was obviously him and he was imprisoned.)

She didn't like that much but there were worse cases...

Transgender Ax Attacker Uses Drugs, Demon Possession, to Defend Himself in Court.

An Australian man who identifies as a transgender woman defended himself in court on Thursday, claiming that he was either possessed by a demon or his mind was addled by drugs and therefore it was his body, not him, who attacked people at a 7-Eleven with an ax last year.

Evie Amati, the 26-year-old suspect, does not deny being bodily present at the time, but claims his* mind was somewhere else. Amati allegedly attacked two people with an ax at a 7-Eleven on January 7, 2017. The suspect then reportedly swung the ax twice at a man outside who managed to avoid the blows. Amati has pleaded not guilty to six charges, including two counts of wounding with intent to murder.

In court, Amati's lawyer Charles Waterstreet asked, "At that stage, had you any idea of the damage that you'd done to persons by your body's actions?" To this, the defendant responded, "No."

The court had previously heard that Amati could not remember the incident. On Thursday, the transgender suspect developed the drug and demon possession defense, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Amati said he smoked two joints of cannabis on the balcony, close to where the attack took place. He heard whispered voices after leaving a failed first date and wanted to sleep, but after smoking marijuana, the voices became louder. He took the second joint to "sedate" himself.

"They stopped being whispers. They started being actual words," the suspect said. "I started seeing some of the violent visions I'd seen previously of me running at police with the axe and being shot dead."

He recalled rocking back and forth, crying and listening to his favorite song, wanting the experiment to end.

His last memory before waking up in the hospital the day after the attack was sitting on the balcony, hearing a voice "that had been telling me to kill and maim and inflict pain on people and start the rise of hell on earth."

"I recall everything going quiet and feeling that voice come inside me," the suspect said. Then it gets really creepy.

Amati said he experienced his face smiling without being in control of the action. "I remember that smile, the smile that was not mine," he recalled. "A sinister smile that plastered my face that I couldn't control. And I black out."

After the attack, he awoke in St. Vincent's Hospital shackled to a bed with police nearby and realized "something very, very bad had happened."

Marijuana was not the only drug in Amati's system before the attack. The suspect testified that he had gone to the home of a woman he met on Tinder and drank vodka with her and her housemate before all three took a pill they believed to be ecstasy.

The three had planned to head to a bar, but Amati fell into a "depressive episode" because he believed the girls had been discussing his transgender identity. He left the car and walked home.

Insanity pleas are common in violent cases, as they lead to more lenient sentences.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/transg...emon-possession-to-defender-himself-in-court/

maximus otter

This involved stealing, assault, and injuries, so I'm gonna call it 'Strange Crime' rather than (e.g.) 'WTF?' or 'Great Stupidity' ...

Austrian family accused of hijacking, crashing Swiss taxi

Swiss police say an Austrian family allegedly hijacked a taxi, crashed into a parked boat, drove through a hedge and then plunged off a 4-foot-high ledge before trying to escaping on foot.

St. Gallen police said the incident happened early Sunday in the northeastern Swiss town of Rorschach.

Police said the suspects — a married couple and their 10-year-old daughter — are accused of attacking the taxi’s 60-year-old driver before stealing his car and driving erratically to a nearby town.

Their alleged taxi ride ended when the family crashed down the side of a driveway. Police say officers detained them as they fled.

Police said the 38-year-old father “was not in a fit state to drive” and had no license. The girl and the taxi driver were injured and required medical treatment.

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/d6fb56e20e224bcc...ily-accused-of-hijacking,-crashing-Swiss-taxi

Couple smuggle shark out of US aquarium in a pram:

A shark police say was snatched from a petting tank at the San Antonio Aquarium and wheeled out in a baby stroller is back home alive, and investigators say a person confessed to the deed.

bizarre-moment-man-and-woman-smuggle-shark-out-of-us-aquarium-in

Investigators in the San Antonio suburb of Leon Valley say the person in custody was charged Monday night (local time).

Police Chief Joseph Salvaggio says two others are expected to be charged. No names have been released.

Surveillance video had shown two men and a woman sneaking the 2-to-3-foot-long grey horn shark from the aquarium in a stroller Saturday afternoon and placed in a pickup truck for the getaway.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/world/watch-bizarre-moment-couple-smuggle-shark-us-aquarium-in-pram

maximus otter

Talk about flying off the handle.

A Utah man has died after flying a light plane into the front of his own home, shortly after an altercation with his wife.

Police say the pilot, identified as Duane Youd, appears to have deliberately crashed the aircraft into the front of the home, where his wife and a child were sleeping around 2:30am, local time.

“Both survived the incident, which caused the front of the house to become fully engulfed in flames,” The Independent says.

“We don’t know what his ultimate goal is, whether he meant to hit it low like he did or he meant to hit it higher,” Payson Police Sgt. Noemi Sandoval said.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/95807/man-...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

You hear of this type of thjing often enough but the volume of mail involved in this is extraordinary.

Another large volume of undelivered mail - 6,000 items.

A postman in India has lost his job after it emerged he had not delivered roughly 6,000 letters over a period of ten years.

According to the BBC, the large stash of undelivered old letters and packages was discovered by a group of school children who were playing in the recently abandoned post office building.

Jagannath Puhan - who served as the postmaster for more than a decade in the village of Odhanga in the state of Orissa - was suspended after an initial inquiry found him “guilty of negligence and dereliction of duty”, according to police officials.

“We have managed to salvage over 1,500 letters in two days. But more than half of 6,000 letters that Puhan did not deliver have either turned soggy or eaten by termites and cannot be delivered at all,” the police official said.

While he “appeared to be lazy in delivering the mail, he was smart in how he went about it”, says the BBC. ...

http://www.theweek.co.uk/95849/indi...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

I thought about posting this in the Favorite Song thread, but she got arrested. I suspect the neighbors must now face years of treatment for chronic earworm (yes, I meant singular ... ).

Slovakian woman arrested for playing same opera song for 16 years
A Slovakian woman was reportedly arrested after she played the same opera song on repeat for 16 years.

The woman, who was identified as "Eva" by Hungarian news site Parameter.sk, was charged with harassment and malicious persecution for allegedly forcing her neighbors to repeatedly endure Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata. Eva is said to have begun the opera-playing 16 years ago to drown out the noise of a neighbor's barking dog -- and never stopped.

"I love Placido Domingo," one woman told Hungarian news site Index.hu, referring to the singer whose version Eva played, "But not like this!"

"The whole street is suffering," another resident said.

Eva faces up to six months in jail if found guilty of the charges.

SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/0...e-opera-song-for-16-years/5271534383785/?sl=1

"Opera song" implies that a certain aria from La Traviata was played incessantly in a version by Placido Domingo.

In recent years, Domingo, as baritone has sung the elder Germont, who has only two major arias. I am assuming the wicked "Eva" had a recording of him in his prime as the tenor Alfredo.

I am wondering how on earth this could have gone on for sixteen years! Supposing she, mercifully, subjected her neighbours to the whole opera . . . let's see, it comes in at around two hours usually, so every day she could fit in twelve playings. I make that 4,380 performances a year, or 70,080 in the sixteen years. We must add 48 more performances for the leap-years, bringing it up to 70,128 playings.

I have sometimes given my own noisy neighbours a blast of Wagner to indicate what might be possible, if I turned malicious. Maybe I could invite "Eva" over here . . . I am off to Hungary in October! House-swap? :thought:

American man arrested for urinating on another passenger on flight to Japan Aug. 19 04:02 pm JST 43 Comments

TOKYO
A 24-year-old American man has been arrested after he urinated on another passenger during a trans-Pacific flight.

According to police, the incident occurred aboard an All Nippon Airways flight from Chicago to Narita airport on Friday, Fuji TV reported. The suspect urinated on a 50-year-old Japanese man seated two rows behind him.

He was restrained by crew and handed over to police after the aircraft arrived in Japan.

Police said the suspect had consumed at least five glasses of champagne before the incident and told them he couldn’t remember what he did.

Police said the two men did not know each other.

That's it!
https://japantoday.com/category/cri...ating-on-another-passenger-on-flight-to-Japan

Not a single cop at a donut store?!

A robber at a doughnut store who demanded a cashier hand over $10 and $20 notes also placed an order for Krispy Kremes.

The man made the request three times before being scared away from the shop in the US state of Florida and leaving empty handed in the early hours of August 24.

That’s when staff at the store, in Gainesville, called the cops.

In a post on Facebook, Gainesville Police Department explained what had happened, adding that they were also shocked that not a single officer was at Krispy Kreme at the time.

“The clerk told us that somebody just tried to rob them. Cars from all across the city lit up and headed to ‘the spot’. ...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/examv...-as-money-in-krispy-kreme-robbery-864332.html

Back