• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Crimes

Kidnapping causes commuter chaos as nanny state shuts down Metro.

Commuters in Paris suffered an even more hellish rush-hour than usual after a man decided to board a Metro train with a goat.

Officials announced on Tuesday morning that an “act of malevolence“ by a passenger had led to the immediate suspension of the busy Line 1, causing severe delays. According to angry commuters, the man caused a significant level of panic among travellers when he got on the train with the livestock at Tuileries station.

Paris transport RATP told The Local that the goat was stolen and the man had broken the law by taking the animal on the metro.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...QXyx-jDD-MpFZCr1hWFKziH-ooul5wfxcFLjMbkHSY7AE

https://forums.forteana.org/javascript:void(0)

Probably just as well that he missed: hitting someone with a handbell is hardly a proportionate response to having your hat stolen.

A town crier was left "all shook up" after a ding-dong with a gang on bikes who tried to steal his tricorn hat.

Alan Myatt lobbed his bell at three yobs after they tried to nab his hat and wig, Gloucestershire Live reported.

The town crier said: "I thought I'll get [them] and I hurled my bell... cracking it in the process."

Mr Myatt said he swung at one of the boys, but missed and fell to the pavement, leaving him crumpled in his ceremonial cape on the ground.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-46220826

That's one way of disposing of the evidence.

Woman 'fed lover's remains to workers in rice dish after she killed him'
The suspect allegedly cooked her boyfriend's body after she killed him for wanting to marry another person.

By
Danya Bazaraa
  • 18:08, 20 NOV 2018
NEWS
0_GettyImages-513745148.jpg
Machboos, a traditional Gulf rice and meat dish (file photo) (Image: Getty)
Get Daily updates directly to your inbox
Subscribe
See our privacy noticeMore newsletters
A woman allegedly cooked her lover's remains into a rice dish after she killed him for wanting to marry someone else.
It is claimed the Moroccan woman then served the sickening meal to local workers, according the Mirror.
Police are believed to have found a human tooth in the suspect's blender as she concocted the 'machboos' - a Gulf recipe similar to biriyani - using his body.
DNA from the tooth apparently matched the woman's who was then arrested on suspicious of killing her boyfriend of seven years.
It is still unknown how the man died.

etc..

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/woman-fed-lovers-remains-workers-13619249

A Chinese gang netted £5m by recycling USED condoms and flogging them to unsuspecting supermarkets and hotel chains.
Cops in Hebei seized 500,000 boxes of the 'crude' fakes - which were even sold in forged Durex boxes. The bust saw 17 people arrested across Henan, Hebei, and Zhejiang.

Cangnan police chief Zheng Xidan said: “We found the workshops where the suspects made those condoms in rural areas in Henan and Hebei. They were very simple and crude.

"The hygienic conditions in those villages were very bad. We saw the condoms they were making – they blended the condoms with silicone oil in a bucket. It was totally below official manufacturing standards.”

The fakes were sold wholesale to retailers for 11p per pack - a fraction of the £16 sticker price for real ones.

They were found to contain fungi, thin patches, and even holes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7789179/china-fake-condom-gang-durex/

maximus otter

I smell a rat. Where's the rest of the body?

You hear about people doing this (and it also crops up in literature and drama, not mention in accounts of forced cannibalism as in the Andes plane crash) but it's not really practical.

A human body is only partly edible. There'd be plenty of meat but also fat, skin, hair, bones and organs which couldn't be readily cooked. What do you do with all that? If you're going to cut up a body to cook it you'd use the time better by disposing of the whole lot in bits rather than butchering it for the meat.

There are other ways to offload a corpse especially in a rural area. Hungry pigs will reputedly eat a complete body, dead or alive depending on the circumstances. People have certainly been disposed of in this way.

Makes me wonder if there's more than one murderer involved and she's carrying the can.

I don't know but I'd avoid the local take-aways for a while.

Good point. After a teenage girl went missing some years ago she is believed to have been murdered and butchered and her remains partly mixed with kebab meat in a local shop. (I only know about this because the girl's mother objects to the further funding given to the Madeleine McCann investigation.)

Where did the rest of her go? Industrial/trade skips probably. Absolutely horrifying.

Which part? The skips or the kebabs?

Truly savage treatment at the hands of his siblings.

Four members of the same family have been arrested after a nine-year-old boy was beaten to death at his home the eastern French city of Mulhouse.

Police sources told local media that the boy had refused to do his homework and was hit with a broom handle. The boy's elder brother, sister and stepsister were all present at the time of the incident. Although his mother was not there, she too has been arrested and was aware of what was going on, reports say.

The boy's death in the early hours of Sunday prompted a vigil in the centre of Mulhouse among residents who rallied round his parents. But the family's initial accounts of what had happened and the ensuing post-mortem examination prompted police to continue their investigation. Bruises were discovered on the boy's body, particularly on his feet, according to Alsace website DNA.

Although he had suffered a cardiac arrest, pathologists said the cause of death had been the blows he had suffered, DNA reported.

https://www.bbc.com/news/46302031

I smell a rat. Where's the rest of the body?

You hear about people doing this (and it also crops up in literature and drama, not mention in accounts of forced cannibalism as in the Andes plane crash) but it's not really practical.

A human body is only partly edible. There'd be plenty of meat but also fat, skin, hair, bones and organs which couldn't be readily cooked. What do you do with all that? If you're going to cut up a body to cook it you'd use the time better by disposing of the whole lot in bits rather than butchering it for the meat.

There are other ways to offload a corpse especially in a rural area. Hungry pigs will reputedly eat a complete body, dead or alive depending on the circumstances. People have certainly been disposed of in this way.

Makes me wonder if there's more than one murderer involved and she's carrying the can.

If I wanted to get rid of a body, I'd parcel it up and send it somewhere by Yodel.

Truly savage treatment at the hands of his siblings.

Four members of the same family have been arrested after a nine-year-old boy was beaten to death at his home the eastern French city of Mulhouse.

Police sources told local media that the boy had refused to do his homework and was hit with a broom handle. The boy's elder brother, sister and stepsister were all present at the time of the incident. Although his mother was not there, she too has been arrested and was aware of what was going on, reports say.

The boy's death in the early hours of Sunday prompted a vigil in the centre of Mulhouse among residents who rallied round his parents. But the family's initial accounts of what had happened and the ensuing post-mortem examination prompted police to continue their investigation. Bruises were discovered on the boy's body, particularly on his feet, according to Alsace website DNA.

Although he had suffered a cardiac arrest, pathologists said the cause of death had been the blows he had suffered, DNA reported.

https://www.bbc.com/news/46302031

Savage indeed; I can't think of what sort of family could do this to a 9 year old, all because of homework. *shakes head sadly*

A man who laughed at police after they found no drugs in his pocket was later found to have hidden a bag of cocaine in his penis after a strip-search, a court heard.
Newcastle man James Mason told officers "f**k off you're not searching me before saying "ha ha, told you I had f*** all on us, you mugs", when they found nothing in his pockets.
The 21-year-old was arrested for being drunk and disorderly after swearing at police one too many times after an incident at a student accommodation.
But on the way to the police station officers witnessed Mason fiddling with his socks before putting his hands down his pants.
When they reached the station police demanded he is strip searched.
Mason then "removed his trousers, pulled back his foreskin and pulled a white bag of powder from his penis".
Source:

A man who laughed at police after they found no drugs in his pocket was later found to have hidden a bag of cocaine in his penis after a strip-search, a court heard.
Newcastle man James Mason told officers "f**k off you're not searching me before saying "ha ha, told you I had f*** all on us, you mugs", when they found nothing in his pockets.
The 21-year-old was arrested for being drunk and disorderly after swearing at police one too many times after an incident at a student accommodation.
But on the way to the police station officers witnessed Mason fiddling with his socks before putting his hands down his pants.
When they reached the station police demanded he is strip searched.
Mason then "removed his trousers, pulled back his foreskin and pulled a white bag of powder from his penis".
Source:

According to the Guardian, letters used to be smuggled in and out of Northern Ireland prisons such as the Maze in visitors' foreskins. The missives would be carefully inscribed on cigarette papers which were folded up tightly before being, er, secreted about the visitor's person.
This was at least up to the mid-1980s when I read it.

The strangest aspect, to me at least, was that the letters would sometimes be smuggled in and out for prisoners by visitors of the opposing side in the conflict. So Republicans would smuggle for Loyalists and vice versa. The authorities were the common enemy.

FBI hunting riddle-writing extortionist who's injured animals, vandalized Hollis farm.

The FBI has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to a blackmailer who has injured animals, set vehicles ablaze and left bizarre, rhyming extortion notes for a local farmer.

5bfd8da319894.image.jpg

Gary and Diana Bergeron, the owners of Rickety Ranch in Hollis, have been terrorized over the past two years by multiple extortion letters seeking $250,000 and experienced repeated acts of vandalism and violence.

The odd extortion letters drew the attention of the FBI to the case, according to an agent. The FBI hopes the release of the blackmailer’s letter and riddles will lead to his capture.

One such letter reads:

Act 2
I saw your flag on your lawn
And time almost gone
I know your (sic) in
Just pay me know (sic) and you will win.

FBI Special Agent Brian O’Hara said the victim does not understand some of the references in the letters — for example: where to deposit money — and fears he or farm workers could be hurt. O’Hara would not answer questions about whether the FBI’s behavioral analysis experts are involved in the case.

The FBI said it is limiting the amount of information it releases, such as the number of letters, the dates of the damage and details of what kind of animals were killed and injured. There has been thousands of dollars in vandalism to the property, a barn and vehicles attributed to the extortion plot.

http://www.unionleader.com/news/cri...cle_eac3738c-338f-5c5c-90e6-fd13b3a6907f.html

maximus otter

Last edited:
Bloody hell what a terrible situation - they need cameras, & lots of them. Hope the perpetrator is nabbed before he does more damage.

Bet is was a piercing pain.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah man has been charged with sexual assault and kidnapping after authorities say he hammered a tool resembling an ice pick through another man’s penis during an argument. The 45-year-old Jason Dee Maughn is scheduled to make a court appearance Wednesday in Salt Lake City. Online court records don’t list an attorney.

Court documents show that Maughn is accused of putting a gun to the victim’s head and handcuffing him to a chair on Aug. 30. The victim told police he was given a choice of being killed in the desert or having a nail driven into his penis. He says he went to the hospital the next day for treatment after Maughn took the handcuffs off. The charging document describes the case as domestic violence and says the men lived together, but doesn’t explain their exact relationship.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...re&utm_term=hammered an ice pick&guccounter=1

The crime was mundane, the police reaction was mondo.

A woman has been charged with theft in Taiwan for stealing a yoghurt drink from her roommate after being identified by a DNA test, it's reported.

According to the broadcaster TVBS, the unnamed suspect in Taipei was sharing a student house with five other women who were studying at the city's Chinese Culture University. One of her housemates discovered last month that a NT$59 (£1.50; $1.92) yoghurt drink belonging to her had been consumed without her permission. She fished the bottle out of the bin, and asked the culprit to come forward. When no one owned up, the victim took the packaging to the police and asked them to carry out an official investigation, which they accepted.

As the bottle was too wet to obtain fingerprints, the owner of the yoghurt asked officers to carry out DNA tests on her roommates to determine who was to blame. Police instructed all of the five suspects, as well as the woman who had made the allegations, to come to the station to be forensically tested.

As each test costs NT$3,000 (£76; $98) and is funded by the taxpayer, locals have reacted angrily to the large amount of time and money spent investigating such a matter. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-46444149

The crime was mundane, the police reaction was mondo.

A woman has been charged with theft in Taiwan for stealing a yoghurt drink from her roommate after being identified by a DNA test, it's reported.

As each test costs NT$3,000 (£76; $98) and is funded by the taxpayer, locals have reacted angrily to the large amount of time and money spent investigating such a matter. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-46444149

“Some crimes such as shoplifting and criminal damage may not be investigated in London because it is "not practical" to do so, Scotland Yard has said.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-41633205

Perhaps a BBC reporter should accompany each patrolling police officer to advise him on the “Goldilocks proportion” of crimes to be investigated.

:rolleyes:

maximus otter

“Some crimes such as shoplifting and criminal damage may not be investigated in London because it is "not practical" to do so, Scotland Yard has said.”

Perhaps a BBC reporter should accompany each patrolling police officer to advise him on the “Goldilocks proportion” of crimes to be investigated.

maximus otter

If no one witnessed an act of criminal damage and there is no cctv footage then it may be literally impossible to investigate the crime in any meaningful way. Try telling that to journalists.

maximus otter
Next you'll be suggesting some people will nick anything if they think they can get away with it.

He'll have to sing for his supper now, Customs told him to pluck off.

A gentleman arriving from Guyana was caught at JFK Airport attempting to smuggle 70 live finches hidden inside hair rollers. He was sent home without his birds, which he was planning to enter in a high-stakes underground singing contest.

From the New York Times:
On Saturday, 70 live finches were discovered in the black duffel bag of a Guyanese citizen who, like the other smugglers, was believed to be bringing them to the United States to participate in underground singing contests. Gamblers set the birds against each other and place bets on their chirping skills.

https://boingboing.net/2018/12/13/passenger-attempts-to-smuggle.html

He must have had a strong throw.

A Latvian national who threw a fork that got stuck into the side of a synagogue security guard's head has received a 14-month sentence.

Olgerts Romanovs, 29, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to assault causing harm outside the synagogue on Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin, on September 1, 2018. Judge Cormac Quinn sentenced him to 14 months imprisonment and backdated the sentence to the day he first went into custody, in September this year.

Garda Brian Greally told Eoghan Cole BL, prosecuting, that on the date in question a security guard was working outside the synagogue when Romanovs cycled down the footpath and spat at him. The security guard challenged him verbally and Romanovs threw down his bike. He approached the security guard aggressively and spat in his face. Romanovs took a spanner out of his bag and threatened to kill the man. He then pulled a silver kitchen fork out of his bag and threw it at the security guard.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...t-stuck-into-security-guards-head-893596.html

Back