• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Crimes

I wonder if it was for scrap, or as a souvenir, or as an attempt to win a bet?

Says they've released the man pending further enquiries. Is he likely to stay in the country?
Probably a neo Nazi again Frides, it doesn't even say when this happened let alone his name. I know the work will set you free sign was also stolen a few years back and cut into pieces before the police got it back. The sign that's up nowadays is a replica apparently, the original is being stored somewhere.

The tour guides are extremely vigilant I've read, you'll get told off even if you pick up something loose off the floor. I read something about a school tour at Auschwitz when a student found an old button on the floor and tried to pocket it but got in loads of trouble instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13444744

edit: if you type Nazi and try and use a small letter n instead of a capital letter n, your computer won't let you here .. or it's just my computer?

Last edited:
edit: if you type Nazi and try and use a small letter n instead of a capital letter n, your computer won't let you here .. or it's just my computer?

do you mean the spellcheck objects?

Why would you want anything from there?, it is too horrid to contemplate stealing something from a place riddled with so much human suffering and depraved indifference, it's very essence ingrained in everything there
Fecking twonk
Here you go ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-37322599

Me and the Mrs visited my parents in France a few years back, my Dad's a history freak who'd brought me up the same way so he took us to the ruined (by the n-azis) town of Orodour Sur Glanne, everyone was slaughtered there one day by the n-azis and the town was left as it was. We were walking along a deserted street when she said she could hear the rumble of diesel trucks going past, I couldn't hear anything weird but not long after she let out an "OW!" then I spotted a small bit of rubble roll along the floor to a standstill .. we'd walked past the doctors house as it was sign posted so I picked up the stone which she said had hit her and pocketed it (anything hits my woman belongs to me mate) and brought it back home to England. I'm a bit superstitious though so I gave it away to a local friend who's a WW2 collector as well as a CD ROM of all the photo's we'd taken.

The tour guides are extremely vigilant I've read, you'll get told off even if you pick up something loose off the floor. I read something about a school tour at Auschwitz when a student found an old button on the floor and tried to pocket it but got in loads of trouble instead.

It was very unlikely to have been a genuine WW2 button, surely? Everything like that is behind glass.

The famous (or rather infamous) sign was stolen from over the gateway a few years ago.
Dunno where they (the two English students in the link above) found those bits and pieces but I agree it was unlikely to have all just been lying around .. and yup, the sign was nicked in 2009, they've got it back now though (see my above link) ..

Why would you want anything from there?

When I visited we began discussing how it'd be run by the National Trust. Didn't get much further than the potential horrors of the gift shop - as you say, what on EARTH would anyone want to take away from there with them? - and the swastika-patterned lace curtains in the coffee shop.

Woman robbed at a cashpoint in China, the thief notices her bank balance and gives her the cash back. Talk about insult to injury. ..

https://www.indy100.com/article/robber-cash-machine-theft-knife-crime-8851336

I had my pockets picked a few years ago and the miscreant, as well as buying himself some gifts for Christmas with my credit card, bought some traveller's cheques - cashed them in and paid the money into my bank account.
When I told the bank/police what had happened they said there was nothing they could do as paying cash into my account was a legitimate transaction and untraceable.
I got all the unauthorised payments on my credit card refunded and £500 in my current account.

I had my pockets picked a few years ago and the miscreant, as well as buying himself some gifts for Christmas with my credit card, bought some traveller's cheques - cashed them in and paid the money into my bank account.
When I told the bank/police what had happened they said there was nothing they could do as paying cash into my account was a legitimate transaction and untraceable.
I got all the unauthorised payments on my credit card refunded and £500 in my current account.
Maybe he thought, 'it's Christmas' and he knew what would happen?

I'm not sure where else to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong thread, apparently if you dial 999 when you're in imminent danger of being discovered by an intruder so you can't risk making any noise, you also have to also dial 55 .. spooky stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47847735

That's been around for a while - the name is the creepiest thing.

"Silent Solution"

Really appalling. If Mods think it should go elsewhere then please move it.

Four police officers were "savagely attacked" by a knifeman who lured them to a property with a false 999 call, a court heard.

Alex Traykov, 20, allegedly used the alias Solomon to report a fight in Islington, north London, on 6 October.

When officers arrived at Liverpool Road, Mr Traykov was holding a knife behind his back, the Old Bailey heard.

Mr Traykov, of Redhill, Surrey, denies four charges of attempted murder and three charges of wounding with intent.

"Nothing could have prepared [the officers] for what awaited them or the fact that rather than seeking to break up violence against others they were about to be subjected to extreme violence themselves," prosecutor Duncan Atkinson QC said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47854979

That's awful :( So it's the motive that the jury is ruling on?

I guess that means it's a question of attempted murder or GBH.

Lots of luck with that, as Attempted Murder is one of the most difficult charges to prove.

Two officers in my force were attacked by a knife-wielding criminal inside a house. Both suffered multiple serious wounds. The prosecution went to the length of taking into court the carpet onto which one of the officers had fallen, showing - IIRC - fourteen knife cuts which were from just the thrusts that had missed the officer’s body.

Result? Not guilty of Attempted Murder; guilty of GBH.

I won’t provide a link as the results will be too distressing for some, but any illusions that knife wounds are antiseptic little punctures, easily covered with an Elastoplast, will be rapidly dispelled by a Google Image search under knife wounds.

maximus otter

Lots of luck with that, as Attempted Murder is one of the most difficult charges to prove.

Two officers in my force were attacked by a knife-wielding criminal inside a house. Both suffered multiple serious wounds. The prosecution went to the length of taking into court the carpet onto which one of the officers had fallen, showing - IIRC - fourteen knife cuts which were from just the thrusts that had missed the officer’s body.

Result? Not guilty of Attempted Murder; guilty of GBH.

I won’t provide a link as the results will be too distressing for some, but any illusions that knife wounds are antiseptic little punctures, easily covered with an Elastoplast, will be rapidly dispelled by a Google Image search under knife wounds.

maximus otter
How did all of the evidence get ignored? Was it the judge or the jury who relegated that to GBH?

Really appalling. If Mods think it should go elsewhere then please move it.

Four police officers were "savagely attacked" by a knifeman who lured them to a property with a false 999 call, a court heard.

Alex Traykov, 20, allegedly used the alias Solomon to report a fight in Islington, north London, on 6 October.

When officers arrived at Liverpool Road, Mr Traykov was holding a knife behind his back, the Old Bailey heard.

Mr Traykov, of Redhill, Surrey, denies four charges of attempted murder and three charges of wounding with intent.

"Nothing could have prepared [the officers] for what awaited them or the fact that rather than seeking to break up violence against others they were about to be subjected to extreme violence themselves," prosecutor Duncan Atkinson QC said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47854979

Isn't this quite similar to the way a couple of female PCs were lured and murdered a few years ago?

Back