• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Crimes

Update:
[Link removed, but available at website below if you really want it...] maximus otter
Despite my curiosity - and it is only cuz I often wonder WHAT THE HELL? - I am not clicking on the link as sometimes you really don't want to know the answer.

When people ask a question and get an answer they didn't want, I always tell them "if you don't really want to know the answer, then don't ask".o_O

The WWW was already four or more years old, before I signed up; following a few links would take you into weird territory*, rapidly.

There was no Mainstream, before Social Media became a thing and regulated all the traffic.

Castration-fans were among those whose wild-side links circulated, along with those of other extreme body-modification enthusiasts. Mercifully, it took a while for images to download, let alone the movies! Most of what you could read were message-boards, where would-be-eunuchs could arrange dates with their unmakers. o_O

I suppose it is classified as a routine dysmorphia these days. :dunno:

*Example: Many of the links were bogus: SWR, promising a depraved site featuring Sex With Rodents, which turned out to be a facility - South West Rodents - offering freshly-killed rats for your pets' delectation. No videos available of the "merciful death by cervical dislocation" - which may have fuelled the rumours. Ah! that cervix! I gather SW had been the prefix for wanton stuff on Usenet.

Last edited:
From Twitter:

Highly unusual ransom case underway here in Finland: a private psychotherapy clinic was hacked, and the therapist notes for maybe even 40,000 patients were stolen. Now the attacker has emailed the victims, asking each for 200 € ransom in Bitcoin. #vastaamo

The attacker calls himself ’ransom_man’, and is running a Tor site on which he has already leaked the therapist session notes of 300 patients. This is a very sad case for the victims, some of which are underage. The attacker has no shame.
Based on blockchain transactions #vastaamo likely already paid their ransom and now the attacker is still blackmailing the victims individually.. this is totally disgusting

I bet he was cheesed off.

A burglar who fell asleep beside a half-eaten cheesecake in a bar he was raiding has been jailed.

Police found Mark Cooper inside the 808 Bar & Kitchen on St Thomas Street, Sunderland, on Saturday. Cooper, 41, of Victoria Place in Sunderland, was jailed at South Tyneside Magistrates' Court for 26 weeks after admitting burglary. He was also ordered to pay £30 compensation to the bar. Northumbria Police were alerted that someone had forced entry into the bar and broken into the till, which was empty, and was stealing food and alcohol. Cooper was found asleep on the bar floor next to the half-eaten dessert.

Det Con Catherine Gibson said: "This burglary clearly proved to be tiring work for Cooper, and it's safe to say he was brought back to the real world with a bump when awoken by our officers." ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-54721657

I bet he was cheesed off.

A burglar who fell asleep beside a half-eaten cheesecake in a bar he was raiding has been jailed.

Police found Mark Cooper inside the 808 Bar & Kitchen on St Thomas Street, Sunderland, on Saturday. Cooper, 41, of Victoria Place in Sunderland, was jailed at South Tyneside Magistrates' Court for 26 weeks after admitting burglary. He was also ordered to pay £30 compensation to the bar. Northumbria Police were alerted that someone had forced entry into the bar and broken into the till, which was empty, and was stealing food and alcohol. Cooper was found asleep on the bar floor next to the half-eaten dessert.

Det Con Catherine Gibson said: "This burglary clearly proved to be tiring work for Cooper, and it's safe to say he was brought back to the real world with a bump when awoken by our officers." ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-54721657

He got his just desserts.

This advance teaser for a CBS true crime broadcast doesn't tell the whole story, but it mentions how a certain subject the alleged murderer obsessively researched drew police attention to him.

The subject was time travel ...
AFTER FIANCÉE IS FOUND DEAD, MAN RESEARCHES TIME TRAVEL TO "CORRECT A HORRIBLE MISTAKE"

A Russian bride-to-be was found dead 5,500 miles from home. Investigators would soon learn Anna Repkina was unwittingly caught up in a love triangle and that her fiancé frantically researched time travel after her death, writing to strangers on WhatsApp: "… best friend made a mistake. I want to go back to keep from losing the woman that should be my wife." ...

In 2016, Repkina was a 26-year-old Moscow native who loved rock music and cats and had a fun sense of humor. ... She thought she'd found what she was looking for when she met William Hargrove, a 26-year-old Oregonian who happened to have an affinity for all things Russian. ...

What Repkina wasn't planning on was meeting Hargrove's secret girlfriend. ...

When Repkina first met Hargrove, he was renting a room from a woman named Michelle Chavez ... Unbeknownst to Repkina, Hargrove and Chavez were involved in a passionate affair even before she came to the states. ...

Chavez wanted Hargrove to only be with her, and pressured him to end his relationship with Repkina. She issued an ultimatum — to choose between her and Repkina. Within days, Repkina was dead. ...

In the days after Repkina's death, Hargrove exhibited some rather peculiar behavior.

Hargrove went on a bizarre internet deep dive. "He is researching time travel," said Detective Chris Dale. "He's saved screenshots of web pages that show you how to do a particular spell to travel back in time. And we also see communication through WhatsApp in which he is trying to ask for help in how to travel back in time." Hargrove said he wanted to correct a horrible mistake that his "best friend" made. He was so desperate to get this information on time travel that he offered his soul as a reward to strangers on the internet who might be able to help him. ...

SOURCE: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anna-repkina-murder-william-hargrove-love-triangle-time-travel/

Last edited:
Detroit woman suing N.C. pastor who peed on her on plane in multimillion dollar lawsuit
Ariana Taylor
The Detroit News
Oct 29., 2020

A Detroit woman has sued a North Carolina pastor and his church in a multi-million dollar lawsuit after he urinated on her while on an airplane earlier this month, according to court documents.

Alicia Beverly, 25, hired attorney Geoffrey Fieger to sue the Raleigh pastor and the church he works with for over $2 million after he peed on her while she was asleep on a Delta flight from Las Vegas to Detroit on October 13.

Fieger claims that the pastor had a blood alcohol content above .17 when he was taken into custody by Detroit police when the plane landed. In Michigan, it is illegal to drive with a BAC of .08 or higher.

“It is difficult to believe that a church would hire a Pastor who boarded a plane drunk and has a proclivity to urinate on passengers. Considering the times we are living in, nothing surprises me anymore," Fieger said in a statement announcing the lawsuit Thursday.

Article Continues:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...-lawsuit-peeing-on-woman-on-plane/6075017002/

Detroit woman suing N.C. pastor who peed on her on plane in multimillion dollar lawsuit
Ariana Taylor
The Detroit News
Oct 29., 2020

A Detroit woman has sued a North Carolina pastor and his church in a multi-million dollar lawsuit after he urinated on her while on an airplane earlier this month, according to court documents.

Alicia Beverly, 25, hired attorney Geoffrey Fieger to sue the Raleigh pastor and the church he works with for over $2 million after he peed on her while she was asleep on a Delta flight from Las Vegas to Detroit on October 13.

Fieger claims that the pastor had a blood alcohol content above .17 when he was taken into custody by Detroit police when the plane landed. In Michigan, it is illegal to drive with a BAC of .08 or higher.

“It is difficult to believe that a church would hire a Pastor who boarded a plane drunk and has a proclivity to urinate on passengers. Considering the times we are living in, nothing surprises me anymore," Fieger said in a statement announcing the lawsuit Thursday.

Article Continues:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...-lawsuit-peeing-on-woman-on-plane/6075017002/

There's surely a short but intense armrest-themed back-story here.

May I say "2020 WTF""for this one?

#UPDATE The sword-wielding attacker dressed in medieval clothing who killed two people and injured five others on Saturday night in Quebec was not "associated with a terrorist group," Canadian police said Sunday http://u.afp.com/3jgY

It does feel like the swords and crossbow killings are on the rise this year.

Voluntary amateur amputation of penis

LEFLORE COUNTY, Okla. Two LeFlore County men were arrested on numerous charges including desecration of a human member and outraging public decency with gross injury, according to LeFlore County Sheriff Rodney Derryberry.

Allen-Gates-LeFlore-County-Arrests-3.jpg

Bobby Lee Allen, 53, and Thomas Evans Gates, 42, both from Wister, Oklahoma were arrested for:

It is the same guy from two different timelines.....

Premium apples worth circa US$ 11,500 have been stolen in Japan ...
6,000 premium apples stolen from Iwate orchard

About 6,000 Shinano Gold apples, worth a total of 1.2 million, have been stolen from an orchard in Shiwa, Iwate Prefecture.

According to police and the orchard owner, the theft occurred some time between Oct 29 and Monday morning, Fuji TV reported. Police said the tracks of a small truck were found near the 70 trees where the apples were taken from.

The grower expressed anger at the theft, saying he had worked so hard and that the apples, which are often included in fruit gift sets, were ready to be picked.

Police said there has been an increasing number of fruit thefts this year.

SOURCE: https://japantoday.com/category/crime/6-000-premium-apples-stolen-from-iwate-orchard?

I always find it amazing that people in Japan are willing to pay well over the odds for ordinary foodstuffs.
Apples, Tuna, steak. None of those things are so special that I would pay so much for them.

Just be careful with autocorrect. The last thing you want is to get a job as a russian sausage magnet by mistake. Those miniskirts get cold in winter.

Just be careful with autocorrect. The last thing you want is to get a job as a russian sausage magnet by mistake. Those miniskirts get cold in winter.
They ride up a bit, too. So I'm told.

Not all horror film fans are like this. Honestly ..

A man obsessed with horror films has been convicted along with his boyfriend of murdering and dismembering a woman in their flat.

Nathan Maynard-Ellis, 30, took Julia Rawson home after meeting her in a pub in Dudley, West Midlands, in May 2019. He and David Leesley, 25, then killed her and hid her body parts in undergrowth, the trial at Coventry Crown Court was told. Maynard-Ellis was also found guilty of rape charges relating to another woman. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-54781349

Quick-thinking robot rescues itself.

Lawn robot in Germany messages owner for help, foils thief

German police said Friday that a homeowner in the western town of Lippstadt was surprised on Tuesday evening with a smartphone message from the robot that it had flipped upside down.

When he went outside to the lawn to check on the device, he spotted a thief with the robot tucked under his arm.

Caught in the act, the thief dropped the robot and fled, according to police.

There was no word on whether the robot suffered damage in the incident.

Not all horror film fans are like this. Honestly ..

A man obsessed with horror films has been convicted along with his boyfriend of murdering and dismembering a woman in their flat.

Nathan Maynard-Ellis, 30, took Julia Rawson home after meeting her in a pub in Dudley, West Midlands, in May 2019. He and David Leesley, 25, then killed her and hid her body parts in undergrowth, the trial at Coventry Crown Court was told. Maynard-Ellis was also found guilty of rape charges relating to another woman. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-54781349

I'd say more murderers were NOT horror fans than are. But there's always someone who takes it all too far.

He's busted and charged, so Strange Crimes it is ...
City man faces multiple charges

... Police accused an Altoona man Sunday of resisting arrest, attempting to criminally trespass and shouting ethnic slurs and threats at a Black man Saturday, a commonwealth criminal complaint stated.

Leonard Annanie, 41, was arraigned Sunday by Magisterial District Judge Andrew Blattenberger on multiple charges, including ethnic intimidation, after police responded to a domestic disturbance call the previous night.

When police arrived at the scene around 6 p.m., Annanie, who is white, was shouting threats and insults at a Black man across the street.

The responding officer waved off a “significant amount of traffic” to prevent Annanie from being struck as he crossed the street, while telling Annanie to stop multiple times, police reported.

Annanie allegedly ignored police commands and continued toward the man, pulling away from police, until an officer swept Annanie’s legs out from under him to handcuff him, court documents stated.

While on the ground, Annanie repeatedly referred to the man as a derogatory slur, and later, he said “I should have killed that Black guy,” police said.

Annanie’s speech was slurred, his behavior was erratic and responding officers could smell alcohol on him, court documents stated.

The man and two witnesses told police the incident began when Annanie knocked on the door of a residence and the man answered, police reported.

Annanie wanted to enter the residence to use the bathroom, but the man, who told police Annanie was visibly inebriated, denied Annanie entrance, which angered Annanie, according to a criminal complaint.

Annanie responded by shouting racial slurs and threatening to kill the man before trying to force his way into the residence, police reported. ...

SOURCE: https://www.altoonamirror.com/news/local-news/2020/11/city-man-faces-multiple-charges-2/

A "vile" man who spat on a charity bag before posting it through a couple's front door is not an employee and was "impersonating a clothing collector", claim the charity.

Hull Daily Mail Link

A "vile" man who spat on a charity bag before posting it through a couple's front door is not an employee and was "impersonating a clothing collector", claim the charity.

Hull Daily Mail Link

Reminds of the story I've told here before, I worked for Barnado's a few years back, delivering charity bags. One morning when collecting the full bags of donations, I watched a woman letting her dog piss on every one at the side of the road.

Continuing with the theme of pointless wankers, a man has received a police caution for driving past people's homes early in the morning/s with his mates and shouting "wakey wakey!" through a megaphone ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-54943215

Reminds me of Spike Milligan’s anecdote about the army bugler who was put on a charge because, after sounding “Reveille” at all the barrack blocks, he went on to Married Quarters, where he sounded “Dismount”.

maximus otter

Back