• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Crimes

"Clear headed and lucid...however Payne told investigators he suspected staffers trying to take his money and kill him" etc! How is this lucid? His comments to the investigators (as reported by the article) sound more delusional and paranoid.
My mother, with dementia, could very clearly and lucidly explain how the woman across the ward from her was getting out of bed and rifling through her things at night.

Woman across the ward could neither move, nor speak.

You can't just listen to the words...

My mother, with dementia, could very clearly and lucidly explain how the woman across the ward from her was getting out of bed and rifling through her things at night.

An elderly relation of mine was adamant that her carers weren't coming over at night to help her to bed. As she had dementia we thought she was getting mixed up.

When I looked into it I suspected she was right. Were the carers bunking off and when they did turn up were they were robbing her and stealing her controlled meds?

Yes, they were indeed. I found this out by having electronic surveillance installed and catching the bastards bang to rights.

Bizarre and worrying, adding extra trauma.

WYANDANCH, Long Island -- A Long Island man is under arrest, accused of raping a woman and burglarizing her home after committing a string of car break-ins in the area.

Suffolk County District Attorney Tim Sini said the suspect, 33-year-old Joseph Johnson, returned to the residence two days later wearing clown makeup and burglarized the home a second time.

"This is an extremely disturbing case," Sini said. "As alleged in the indictment, this defendant went on a crime spree that escalated from breaking car windows to breaking into the victim's home twice in the span of 72 hours, raping and repeatedly strangling the victim while threatening her life. This is a dangerous individual and a convicted sex offender who is now off our streets thanks to the excellent work of the Suffolk County Police Department and Assistant District Attorney Ferron Lien."

Johnson, of Wyandanch, is charged with first-degree rape, first-degree criminal sexual act, burglary, strangulation, five counts of criminal mischief, and petit larceny.

https://abc7ny.com/joseph-johnson-clown-arrested-rape-burglary/10330130/

Perhaps the scheme was overly complicated.

Former Cork solicitors who 'asked rough sleepers for PPS numbers' jailed for bank fraud

Two former solicitors who are married to each other were jailed for their elaborate criminal scheme targeting banks and credit unions – effectively to lend money to people who did not exist.

Keith Flynn, 46, was sentenced to four years in prison backdated to October 27, 2020 when he went into custody. His wife and co-accused, Lyndsey Clarke, 37, was sentenced to two years in prison commencing today. Both are former solicitors. Judge Seán Ó Donnabháin said that to explain the difference in how the parties were treated at sentencing it could be stated that it allowed for the differences in the personal circumstances of the two accused.

Detective Garda Alan McCarthy said the background to the criminal enterprise saw the husband and wife using wigs, disguises, costumes, forged drivers licences and passports in a targeted campaign to defraud banks and credit unions of almost €400,000. ...

Using all of these false documents they opened 80 bank accounts for people who did not exist. Then they would apply for loans. For a short time they would make repayments but then stop paying. They got loans totalling €469,000, causing a loss to the institutions of over €390,000.

Some of it was done online and by phone, and when they needed to go into banks or to ATMs they wore wigs and disguises. ...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40231397.html

I don't know how much of a slow-speed chase ensued after this bank robbery.
Woman in motorized wheelchair robs downtown Jacksonville bank

A bank located blocks away from the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office headquarters was robbed Monday by a woman in a motorized wheelchair ...

Police said the woman showed up to discuss an account, but she got into an argument with a teller that escalated when she threatened to kill everyone in the bank and announced she was robbing the place ...

The woman left the bank after she was given some cash, and she was taken into custody nearby a short time later ...

No weapon was seen during the robbery, according to police, and no one inside the bank was hurt.

FULL STORY: https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...d-wheelchair-robs-downtown-jacksonville-bank/

According to a local rag though I have not seen it reported elsewhere,
police blocked off a st in Preston after being called to a man that had
is penis cut off, another man was arrested but despite a search the penis
was not found, I would imagine a gull found it's self a tasty morsel.
Surprising how often this happens, the cutting off bit not the gull
getting it down it's neck bit.

According to a local rag though I have not seen it reported elsewhere,
police blocked off a st in Preston after being called to a man that had
is penis cut off, another man was arrested but despite a search the penis
was not found, I would imagine a gull found it's self a tasty morsel.
Surprising how often this happens, the cutting off bit not the gull
getting it down it's neck bit.

I posted this on another thread but it seems apt here
Seagulls are just fecking greedy

Dont mess with this judge

The only time I've had to stand in front of a judge, he doubled my fine because I had my hands in my pockets after I'd been told to stand up. I wasn't being cocky, just nervous: "GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR POCKETS!" .. I'd never been in a court before (or since) but he didn't like the look of me (and my Mum was scowling at him but I was guilty). So never have your hands in your pockets if you're facing a judge. Good advice.

Last edited:
I friend of mine in his 80's was pulled for speeding a few years back doing 90mph
on a Velocette Venom, the Judge said "At your age you should be setting a example
to younger people" my mate replied," I thought I was" didn't go down well,

My late father once told me that he had had to speak to the vicar and tell him that the workmen at the church were leaving their vans parked too close to his driveway and it was making it hard for him to get his car out. Also told me that I had to "stop messing about with that 'Pearl' woman".
This was when I was visiting him in hospital during his last days.
He wasn't religious, had never lived near a church (or AFAIK even been in one), certainly didn't know a vicar, and I didn't have a clue who 'Pearl' was.
That dementia gets really bad towards the end.
But it was funny.

My late father once told me that he had had to speak to the vicar and tell him that the workmen at the church were leaving their vans parked too close to his driveway and it was making it hard for him to get his car out. Also told me that I had to "stop messing about with that 'Pearl' woman".
This was when I was visiting him in hospital during his last days.
He wasn't religious, had never lived near a church (or AFAIK even been in one), certainly didn't know a vicar, and I didn't have a clue who 'Pearl' was.
That dementia gets really bad towards the end.
But it was funny.

Dementia patients sometimes remember what they've seen on TV as their own lives.

Maybe that was behind it? Sounds like Misdomer Murders!

Techy's old dear told us all about her lovely ski holiday a few years ago when the Winter Olympics were on.

Dementia patients sometimes remember what they've seen on TV as their own lives.

Maybe that was behind it? Sounds like Misdomer Murders!

Techy's old dear told us all about her lovely ski holiday a few years ago when the Winter Olympics were on.
I also found that my mum would speak in a sort of 'code'. When I went to visit her once she was telling me how I needed to put my name down to get the gold, she was most insistent that I would miss out if I didn't put my name down. She asked me several times during the visit 'have you put your name down? You don't want to miss out?' until I assured her that I had, most definitely, got my name down for the gold. At which point she relaxed.

I think it was her way of expressing anxiety about me. Once I reassured her that I was all right (had my name down for the gold) she was happier. There were several instances of things like this, where the sentences themselves didn't make sense but the emotion behind them, once you could weasel it out, was real enough. The instance with the old lady across the ward stealing her things was, I think, her expressing her sense of powerlessness and inability to get anyone to understand her, or her anxieties.

That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

...and when (my now dead) mum had a minor stroke a couple of years ago it affected her speech and that was about the only thing.
It was really rather amusing for both us and her afterwards, as she found her brain was now pulling out the wrong words for things.
One of the funniest was when I was asking her what she had had for dinner the previous evening, and she kept saying 'Ostriches!', each time surprising herself so much that it made her chuckle, repeatedly getting more and more ridiculous.
Eventually through the tears of laughter rolling down her cheeks, she managed to say.......
.....SOS.........A........JISS.....
Yes it was sausages she had had.

Lady Gaga's dog-walker shot and bulldogs stolen

Two of Lady Gaga's French bulldogs were stolen on Wednesday night, after a gunman shot her dog-walker in Hollywood, Los Angeles.

A male suspect fired a semi-automatic handgun at the dog-walker, named in US media reports as Ryan Fischer, before making off with the dogs

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56196226

Melissa Caddick: Missing fraud suspect's foot found on Australian beach

Australian police say they have found the partial remains of a fraud suspect who vanished from her Sydney home four months ago.

Businesswoman Melissa Caddick's disappearance has captivated public attention, amid allegations she stole millions of dollars from her clients.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56205519

Amazon rainforest plots sold via Facebook Marketplace ads

Parts of Brazil's Amazon rainforest are being illegally sold on Facebook, the BBC has discovered.

The protected areas include national forests and land reserved for indigenous peoples.

Some of the plots listed via Facebook's classified ads service are as large as 1,000 football pitches.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56168844

Back