• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Deaths

Man accidentally kills himself after bullet he fired at a woman bounced back and struck him

In Dallas Texas.
Sounds unlikely but according to the report he shot the woman in the neck & the bullet somehow rebounded & hit him in the leg. He died in hospital & she was treated & released the same day.
Handily they were found in a car outside the hospital.

Neither the police report nor any of the earliest news stories mention a rebound or ricochet. They consistently state:

- the bullet was fired at the woman, hitting her in the neck;
- the bullet exited her neck; and
- the bullet struck the man in the leg.

Neither the police report nor any of the earliest news stories mention a rebound or ricochet. They consistently state:

- the bullet was fired at the woman, hitting her in the neck;
- the bullet exited her neck; and
- the bullet struck the man in the leg.
That’s the Metro for you. If it was the same bullet there must have been some sort of ricochet/redirection unless her neck was close to his leg when he fired

That takes me to speculating on various scenarios in which her neck would be close to his leg - maybe an extreme reaction to a less than satisfactory blow job.

According to the Metro the police found ‘masses of blood’ at an address then they were later found in the car.

Maybe it wasn’t the same bullet, he was just a fuckwit & shot himself in the leg by mistake.

I’m relying on you to keep us updated.

That’s the Metro for you. If it was the same bullet there must have been some sort of ricochet/redirection unless her neck was close to his leg when he fired
That takes me to speculating on various scenarios in which her neck would be close to his leg - maybe an extreme reaction to a less than satisfactory blow job.

Yep - that occurred to me as well, but I didn't want to speculate in that direction absent any other clues. Multiple news accounts claim there had been a "domestic dispute" involved, so the pair could conceivably have been wrestling.

According to the Metro the police found ‘masses of blood’ at an address then they were later found in the car.

The mention of there being two scenes confuses the whole issue. The consistent references to a massive amount of blood and the man's death suggests the shot clipped his femoral artery, which would have caused a rapid (often fatal) bleed-out.

Maybe it wasn’t the same bullet, he was just a fuckwit & shot himself in the leg by mistake.

A couple of news reports stated or suggested the gun discharge was accidental.

...unless her neck was close to his leg when he fired
I would have least waited until she'd finished before shooting her, no matter how bad of a 'job' she was doing.

Man killed in freak Highland Games event as hammer thrown over fence hits him in head

In The Netherlands.

According to witnesses, the 65-year-old victim was not a spectator at the Open Highland Games, held at Geldrop Castle. He was reportedly walking in the castle gardens when the unseen 22lbs metal ball was accidentally thrown over the hedge in competition and killed the man instantly.

The hammer throw is a traditional feature in the ancient Scottish games where competitors swing the metal ball around their head before launching it as far as they can. The hammer equipment comprises of a wooden pole with a metal ball - that usually weighs 22lbs for men and 16lbs for women - attached.

A woman in South Carolina was stabbed by a wind-blown beach umbrella and died from her injuries.
South Carolina woman killed by flying umbrella at the beach

A woman was killed Wednesday after being impaled by a beach umbrella in Garden City.

Local officials said Tammy Perreault, 63, of Surfside, was struck by a beach umbrella that was carried by the wind.

Suffering from chest trauma, she was taken to a local emergency room where she succumbed to her injuries only an hour later. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.wral.com/south-carolina-woman-killed-by-flying-umbrella-at-the-beach/20413162/

This apparently suicide was taking no chances - setting himself on fire *and* hanging himself.
LAPD: Body found on fire hanging in tree in Griffith Park likely a suicide

The body of an unidentified person deceased found hanging from a tree near the Griffith Park’s merry go round was likely a suicide a detective with the Los Angeles Police Department said Tuesday.

The body was discovered at around 12:30 p.m. on fire and hanging from a tree. Los Angeles City firefighters put the flames out and LAPD detectives investigated and found no signs of foul play, determining that most likely the cause of death was suicide.

“It appears to be self-immolation,” said LAPD detective Michael Ventura. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.losangelesblade.com/202...ng-in-tree-in-griffith-park-likely-a-suicide/

A strange & grisly death..

Man climbs into building's garbage chute before being cut to pieces

A horror video captures one man's final moments as he climbs into his building's rubbish chute, only to later be found dead and sliced to pieces by the compactor below.

CCTV footage showed images from the first floor hallway in Brooklyn, New York, USA where the incident took place.

Two people watched on and chatted to the man in what turned out to be his final moments around 4am local time Friday as he climbed in.

A short time later his mangled body was found at the bottom of the chute.

In the video the male, later reported to be in his 50s, can be seen putting one foot into the chute as he spoke to another man.

A woman joined them as he struggled, then succeeded, in getting his other foot into the shoot.

In his tragic final minutes whilst seemingly still in conversation with them both, he got his torso into the chute before it’s just his arm visible and he vanished inside.

The onlooking man appeared to lean forward with a phone, filming or shining a light inside the chute as both witnesses seemingly looked into the tube to watch his descent.

A strange & grisly death..

Man climbs into building's garbage chute before being cut to pieces

A horror video captures one man's final moments as he climbs into his building's rubbish chute, only to later be found dead and sliced to pieces by the compactor below.

CCTV footage showed images from the first floor hallway in Brooklyn, New York, USA where the incident took place.

Two people watched on and chatted to the man in what turned out to be his final moments around 4am local time Friday as he climbed in.

A short time later his mangled body was found at the bottom of the chute.
I'm imagining he was neatly sliced like a salami reading that description - but I don't want to click on the link and read the reality which is probably far more messy and nasty.

Woman killed by tree falling on her in swimming pool

A 50-year-old woman swimming in the pool behind River Terrace Apartments in the Bronx sustained severe body trauma and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

Another 60-year-old woman who was in the pool also suffered body trauma and was transported to Allen Pavillion Hospital in critical but stable condition, according to cops.

The tree was the building owner’s responsibility and was not on public property, the city Parks Department told the New York Post.

Another drawbridge death - this time in Milwaukee.
Rhode Island man dies in fall from Milwaukee drawbridge

A Rhode Island man vacationing in Milwaukee fell to his death after a drawbridge was raised while he was walking across it.

Richard Dujardin, 77, of Providence, Rhode Island, was crossing the Kilbourn Avenue Bridge in downtown Milwaukee on Monday afternoon with his wife ...

Rosemarie Dujardin made it across the bridge ... , but her husband was about halfway across when it began to open. He grabbed onto a side rail as the bridge sections rose to a 90-degree angle, but he lost his grip and fell about 70 feet (21 meters) to the pavement below ...

He suffered a head wound and was pronounced dead at the scene ...

The bridge is controlled by the city’s Department of Public Works and its two halves are raised and lowered for boat traffic by someone working remotely who has two camera views of the span. ...

The lights and bells were operational as the two sections were raised and crossing arms came down at each end of the bridge ...

Rosemarie Dujardin told investigators that her husband was hard of hearing and wore glasses. The medical examiner’s report said he was looking at an iPad while walking. ...
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/milwaukee-rhode-island-providence-428731ad8b64c43866cedd555f85b009

A Tennessee woman passed some meth to her imprisoned boyfriend during a kiss. He died from the overdose, and she's now charged with second-degree murder.
Tennessee woman charged with murder for meth-laced kiss with inmate

A Tennessee woman allegedly slipped meth to an inmate though a kiss during a jailhouse visit –and was hit with murder charges after the prisoner died, authorities said. ...

Rachel Dollard, 33, allegedly hid a balloon containing a half-ounce of speed in her mouth and passed it orally to Joshua Brown at the Turney Center Industrial Complex in Only in February ...

Brown — who had been serving an 11-year sentence on drug-related charges — overdosed and died at a local hospital ...

Dollard was arrested last weekend for the allegedly deadly smooch and charged with second-degree murder and smuggling contraband into the prison ...
FULL STORY: https://nypost.com/2022/08/17/tennessee-woman-charged-with-murder-for-meth-laced-kiss-with-inmate/

A woman died when the car she was travelling in crashed through a barrier, hit another vehicle and ended up on Piccadilly line tracks.

The driver of the Range Rover, a man in his 20s, is in a critical condition in hospital after the car hit a Tesla by Park Royal Tube station at 03:50 BST.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62589528

[IRONY]The video suggests a possible reason for the shunt[/IRONY]:

maximus otter

I used to deliver supplies of paint etc to the bodyshop of that Tesla branch, and from looking at the pictures of the point from which the Range Rover came from, I can tell you, it took some extra-special driving (of the sort that no mere mortal could perform) to end up on the train tracks.
There is a low wall in front of a large car park to cross, then a 3 foot high wall beyond that, topped by a metal fence, then the buildings of the train station itself.

The yellow line I have added is the likely path of the car.
The picture below that is the view from the likely 'starting point'.
1661247678064.png

1661247812831.png

Last edited:
Slightly better view of the far side of that car park which shows there is also a line of trees to avoid hitting too.
1661248182733.png

Certainly on a mission that's for sure.

I can only imagine that the Range Rover was being driven along the A40 dual-carriageway at extreme high speed and the driver failed to negotiate the slight curve in the road in front of the Tesla branch - it did appear to be travelling 'balls out' as it passed the security camera.

Anecdotal reports that the Range Rover was doing 'in excess of 100mph' from an uber driver and others that saw it.
I know that stretch of the A40 there very well and it has a series of traffic lights etc - I doubt it was doing over 100mph.

One witness said they had heard vehicles speeding around for an hour before the accident happened.

Knowing the area a little, I know there are a number of large car parks nearby, plus the Hanger Lane Gyratory system roundabout.

So it's fairly possible there were illegal road races going on.

I'm thinking that it was being driven way too fast for the road and that, at the crucial time, the brakes just failed. That car would have gone airborne after clipping a kerb, I'd think.

I'm thinking that it was being driven way too fast for the road and that, at the crucial time, the brakes just failed. That car would have gone airborne after clipping a kerb, I'd think.

l would imagine that brakes “failed” because the f*****t of a driver was too busy pressing another pedal.

Now we have another victim of the common delusion that 4WD, power-assisted steering and antilock brakes enable one to contravene the laws of physics.

maximus otter

the Hanger Lane Gyratory system
As far as I can recall from my days of driving through the night doing collections of payroll info from temp agencies (before it was all done online) there is no time of the day or night in which anyone can drive around there at more than about 20mph, assuming you obey the traffic lights, which appear to have been set-up to prevent the 'gyratory' from....well....'gyrating'.
I doubt things have improved much. My last trip round there during the day, some time last summer, included a 30 minute queue of traffic along the A406 approaching it, followed by a slow procession around it while idiots decided to ignore the clearly marked lanes.
And the A40 itself is a cornucopia of crap car control, with people who are unfamiliar with the area making late lane-change decisions when they realise that (unlike a motorway) their exit from the road at their chosen destination might not be as straightforward as they expected.

A Missouri man died after he was ejected from his boat and the boat struck him.
Missouri man dies after being struck by his own boat

A Missouri man died after being thrown from the boat he was riding in and struck by the same boat in the Lake of the Ozarks. ...

The 2019 Sylvan Pontoon boat that 29-year-od Daniel Cortez was riding in hit a wake and overturned. Cortez was ejected from the boat, and then the boat struck him.

Cortez, of Kansas City, was pronounced dead at the scene.
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/lakes-ka...-environment-24cc4602829baab452ee8bd972477700

Back