Strange Deaths

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Very sad. His friends must feel awful. It doesn't explain the disappearance but I wonder if he suffered a brain injury in the assault that was overlooked at the time and would explain his odd behaviour?
This case has always massively creeped me out, reminds me of the story The Reaper's Image... the victims are last seen running away, then are never seen again.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
As is often the case, this could go elsewhere (so feel free to move) but this is a strange death - and I'd suggest not going political on this!

Man dies after using a 'cure' for Covid-19 promoted by Donald Trump. Swallowing a chemical used as an aquarium cleaner? What could possibly go wrong there?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-covid-19-cure-malaria-cleaner-a9420176.html
They took several days of doses in one go and the stuff they used wasn't for medical application.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Here's weird one.

A woman of 71 was found dead at home. The police are appealing for dashcam footage that might show a particular car.
Also, there was a post-mortem but further tests are needed.

Well, it sounded strange to me!

Murder update - family tribute and appeal for dashcam footage

The family of a woman found dead at her home in Tunstall Road, Knypersley, on Sunday, have paid tribute to her, as detectives appeal for dash cam footage of a car.
Detectives are appealing for dash cam footage from vehicles between Biddulph to Sneyd Green, via Bemersley Road and Norton, from midday until 3pm on Thursday 19 March. They are particularly interested in any footage of a green Honda Civic, with registration plate OK62 AMS.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Here's weird one.

A woman of 71 was found dead at home. The police are appealing for dashcam footage that might show a particular car.
Also, there was a post-mortem but further tests are needed.

Well, it sounded strange to me!

Murder update - family tribute and appeal for dashcam footage
That does sound a bit strange doesn't it!

Well, they know the registration plate of the car, so they must know who it belongs to... and they also have a photograph (in article) but all that really shows is a hand holding the steering wheel.

I guess they are hoping for dashcam footage to show clearly who the driver was.

As for the post mortem... does that mean they don't know what killed her? If further tests are required? Hmmm.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Man in coronavirus quarantine runs into street naked before biting woman to death

A man who was forced to quarantine in his home over fears of coronavirus tore his clothes off and raced into the street naked before biting a sleeping elderly woman to death, it is claimed.

The man, named only as Manikandan, had flown home to India from Sri Lanka when he was ordered by authorities and his family not to leave his house for 14 days.

According to reports in India, after a week of the self-isolation, the 35-year-old man began ripping his clothes off before he hurtled into the street in Tamil Nadu.

It is claimed he then began running through the adjacent streets where he spotted an elderly woman sleeping outside her own home.
Yahoo! News India says the man then raced up to her before clamping down on her neck and biting hard.

The woman woke up and screamed, sending her nude attacker fleeing - but not before a mob had been gathered in a bid to track him down.

Frantic relatives raced the woman to hospital last Friday, but tragically she deteriorated while receiving medical care and died.

The attacker was eventually caught by the enraged mob who handed him over to police.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/man-coronavirus-quarantine-runs-street-21773158

maximus otter

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Man in coronavirus quarantine runs into street naked before biting woman to death

A man who was forced to quarantine in his home over fears of coronavirus tore his clothes off and raced into the street naked before biting a sleeping elderly woman to death, it is claimed.

The man, named only as Manikandan, had flown home to India from Sri Lanka when he was ordered by authorities and his family not to leave his house for 14 days.

According to reports in India, after a week of the self-isolation, the 35-year-old man began ripping his clothes off before he hurtled into the street in Tamil Nadu.

It is claimed he then began running through the adjacent streets where he spotted an elderly woman sleeping outside her own home.
Yahoo! News India says the man then raced up to her before clamping down on her neck and biting hard.

The woman woke up and screamed, sending her nude attacker fleeing - but not before a mob had been gathered in a bid to track him down.

Frantic relatives raced the woman to hospital last Friday, but tragically she deteriorated while receiving medical care and died.

The attacker was eventually caught by the enraged mob who handed him over to police.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/man-coronavirus-quarantine-runs-street-21773158

maximus otter
Sounds like the zombie apocalypse has begun. Yikes.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Sounds like the zombie apocalypse has begun. Yikes.
Girl, 7, Stabbed to Death in Bolton Park.

'A 30-year-old woman, who was not known to the family, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder.

Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson said officers were "working to understand the motive for this completely random and brutal attack.

A woman who was not known to the family was detained by a member of the public and then arrested by the police," he said.

"We understand that the woman has some history of mental illness and we are working to understand if this played any part in her motive." '

I understand, from other reports, that the frenzied attack took place in the full view of the parents. RIP.