• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Deaths

Crazy guy.

A man has been mauled to death by a lion caged at his family home in the eastern Czech Republic.

Michal Prasek owned the nine-year-old big cat and another lioness for breeding, reportedly drawing concern from local residents. Mr Prasek's father found his body in the lion's cage and told local media it had been locked from the inside. The animals - living in separate pens - were shot dead by police called to the scene. A police spokesperson told local media that the shootings were "absolutely necessary for them to get to the man".

Mr Prasek, 34, bought the lion in 2016 and the lioness last year, and kept them both in home-made enclosures in his back yard in the village of Zdechov. He had previously been fined for illegal breeding as he lacked planning permission for the pens. But the conflict with the authorities reached a stalemate after Mr Prasek denied anyone entry onto his property.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47454610

Crazy guy.

A man has been mauled to death by a lion caged at his family home in the eastern Czech Republic.

Michal Prasek owned the nine-year-old big cat and another lioness for breeding, reportedly drawing concern from local residents. Mr Prasek's father found his body in the lion's cage and told local media it had been locked from the inside. The animals - living in separate pens - were shot dead by police called to the scene. A police spokesperson told local media that the shootings were "absolutely necessary for them to get to the man".

Mr Prasek, 34, bought the lion in 2016 and the lioness last year, and kept them both in home-made enclosures in his back yard in the village of Zdechov. He had previously been fined for illegal breeding as he lacked planning permission for the pens. But the conflict with the authorities reached a stalemate after Mr Prasek denied anyone entry onto his property.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47454610

Good grief - makes you despair about some people. Looks like suicide since the cage was locked on the inside. Why the lions couldn't be darted with tranquilliser as the guy seems to have been already dead, and why they had to shoot them both since they were in separate pens - he could only have been in one of them..

Inconsiderate greedy bastard, I have no sympathy, two beautiful creatures are dead because of him
I do wonder why he killed himself. It's hard to guess at motivation for these things. And I think the police are really responsible for killing at least one of the animals, as mentioned above, if they were separated, there was no need to kill the other one. And possibly they could have dealt with the one in the same pen as the body with animal control.

Keeping the cats caged up like that is pretty indefensible, though. I would stop short of saying he deserved to die for it.

It wasn't the only incident with the lion. According to reports, last year a cyclist collided with the male lion when the guy was outside walking it on a leash. Imagine that on an insurance claim for bike damage.

The Czech Republic must be extremely lax - they clearly knew he had lions.

A billionaire diamond trader has died after 'suffering a heart attack' during a penis enlargement operation in Paris.

Ehud Arye Laniado, 65, was at an unidentified private clinic on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital on Saturday when complications during surgery proved fatal.

The experienced diamond expert's heart attack happened when a substance was injected into his penis, Belgian media reported.

A friend of the Belgian-Israeli's said he was 'always focused on his appearance'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...trader-65-dies-penis-enlargement-surgery.html

maximus otter

A billionaire diamond trader has died after 'suffering a heart attack' during a penis enlargement operation in Paris.

Ehud Arye Laniado, 65, was at an unidentified private clinic on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital on Saturday when complications during surgery proved fatal.

The experienced diamond expert's heart attack happened when a substance was injected into his penis, Belgian media reported.

A friend of the Belgian-Israeli's said he was 'always focused on his appearance'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...trader-65-dies-penis-enlargement-surgery.html

maximus otter

A sad cock up.

Good grief - makes you despair about some people. Looks like suicide since the cage was locked on the inside. Why the lions couldn't be darted with tranquilliser as the guy seems to have been already dead, and why they had to shoot them both since they were in separate pens - he could only have been in one of them..

Bits of him might have been in both cages.

Still seems inexcusable to kill both the lions.

Keeping the cats caged up like that is pretty indefensible, though. I would stop short of saying he deserved to die for it.

I wouldn't. He wasn't keeping them for a good reason and couldn't take best care of them. They need a lot of space and freedom. He should have got hamsters or summat.

I thought that there was a thread 'strange deaths' but couldn't find it. Please move there if someone finds it. This is from the Morecambe Visitor and a pair of disembodied feet turning up on the coast, case still unsolved:

Disembodied feet found in Heysham remain a cold case mystery
MICHELLE BLADE Email Published: 17:06 Tuesday 05 March 2019
Britain’s first online database of unsolved deaths may help police solve the mystery of a woman’s right foot found in a training shoe in Middleton, near Overton, in August 1987. Launched by the Missing Persons Bureau, the grim website contains images and identifying features of 1,029 men and women, as well as details of 105 babies, who have remained unclaimed by their families
Grim photos held on the site show victims’ faces taken from the mortuary slab, tattoos, items found on them such as jewellery and hair brooches, as well as eerie sketches and reconstructions of their faces. The database includes details of a right foot found inside a sock and training shoe which was found at Middleton on August 5, 1987. OnAugust 31, 1987 a left foot was found in an identical sock and training shoe at Heysham. The shoes were British size 4. The missing persons bureau database features all the information known about the feet, that they came from a white European woman between the ages of 17 and 50 and the trainers were grey and bue with three vertical stripes on the side.
Continued:
Now moved--Yith

Michigan Man Dies After Falling Into Tank Of Sulfuric Acid In South Lyon

A 54-year-old man has died after falling into a tank of sulfuric acid in South Lyon.

According to police, the incident happened Saturday at Michigan Seamless Tube on McMann Street, south of 10 Mile Road, where the sulfuric acid used in a manufacturing process has a temperature of at least 160 degrees. The company has a sign out front that reads, "Fooling around on the job is a job for fools."

Full Story:
https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/arti...s-after-falling-tank-sulfuric-acid-south-lyon

Anyone else think that having an uncovered tank of sulfuric acid lying around is probably not a great idea?

How did that get past Health and Safety?

Man dies after falling into vat of sulphuric acid.”

Isn’t it tragic how so many people survive hideous accidents and ghastly crimes, only to die “after”?

maximus otter

He did die after the fall, not during it. That part wasn't dangerous.

link gives

Error 1020 Ray ID: 4b70283eb9713623 • 2019-03-13 18:44:05 UTC
Access denied

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Anyone else think that having an uncovered tank of sulfuric acid lying around is probably not a great idea?

How did that get past Health and Safety?

Reminds me of the terrible incident where a couple rented a home which had a huge commercial fish tank on the premises. Their twin toddlers fell in and were drowned.

link gives

Error 1020 Ray ID: 4b70283eb9713623 • 2019-03-13 18:44:05 UTC
Access denied

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.
Yea, ive had that before

It wasn't the only incident with the lion. According to reports, last year a cyclist collided with the male lion when the guy was outside walking it on a leash. Imagine that on an insurance claim for bike damage.

The Czech Republic must be extremely lax - they clearly knew he had lions.
Actually in Ontario Canada, wild pets laws are left up to individual municipalities to determine.
My parents live in a small rural municipality which had a man who kept several tigers. Of course he had money (these type of people always seem to be rich). He insisted that his cages and whatever were sufficiently safe, though some neighbours had, once or twice, seen a tiger lying in a ditch beside a road outside of his property.

The minicipality finally wrote up a bylaw to prohibit the keeping of wild animals, but had to grandfather the tiger owner so that he could keep his tigers.

Three guesses as to how the tiger owner died, and the first two don't count.

Actually, this reminded of a story (true) that my dad told us kids. I now suspect that my interest in Fortean and morbid stories may have been "inherited" from him.

Anyways, my dad always like to go for drives and would tell us of facts about places (farms) that he knew of.

One was about a farmer who went out to feed his pigs. He had a massive heart attack and fell into the pig pen. The pigs ate him.

Actually, this reminded of a story (true) that my dad told us kids. I now suspect that my interest in Fortean and morbid stories may have been "inherited" from him.

Anyways, my dad always like to go for drives and would tell us of facts about places (farms) that he knew of.

One was about a farmer who went out to feed his pigs. He had a massive heart attack and fell into the pig pen. The pigs ate him.

This happens in the fillum Hannibal, where some pigs are supposedly trained to attack and eat a certain victim. They keep eating the wrong person. Also, in Steinbeck's The Grapes Of Wrath, a woman is 'never right again' after a gate is left open and the family pig wanders into the kitchen and eats the baby.

This happens in the fillum Hannibal, where some pigs are supposedly trained to attack and eat a certain victim. They keep eating the wrong person. Also, in Steinbeck's The Grapes Of Wrath, a woman is 'never right again' after a gate is left open and the family pig wanders into the kitchen and eats the baby.

In the 1970s blaxploitation movie Sugar Hill a gangster is fed to some pigs by the heroine. "They ain't been fed in a week!" And in the more recent Western series Deadwood, Lovejoy would feed the people who were murdered to the hogs.

In the 1970s blaxploitation movie Sugar Hill a gangster is fed to some pigs by the heroine. "They ain't been fed in a week!" And in the more recent Western series Deadwood, Lovejoy would feed the people who were murdered to the hogs.

I'm detecting a theme here...

Back