• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Deaths

Ha! I got married in Stoke :) Never been back, but have been back to Stafford which was where I worked. :)
Actually I've just remembered something; when I was living in Stoke, on quite a few occasions, people I worked with would say things like ''I saw you at the weekend in Tescos''. I'd reply that I hadn't been to Tesco that weekend and they'd usually say ''It was you-I definitely saw you!'' as if I was lying. Quite unnerving.

Yes and yes. He used to have a suit for graduation and so on, now it's the kilt. Mock knife of course although he had a "real" one from my family as a wedding present.

I used to enjoy it early on a Sunday, getting all swoooooopy on all those roundabouts :)
They (finally) got rid of them duck! It took about 20 years, but you can now drive through without stopping. Well, being British, they've still left one in next to junc 15 of the M6, but we can't have everything! Wouldn't be the same without at least one roundabout to have to queue at.

So, let us reminisce about the origins of the name of the D Road; what have the Romans ever done for us?
Is it that though, or is it because it's shaped like a 'D' and the number is just a coincidence?

They (finally) got rid of them duck! It took about 20 years, but you can now drive through without stopping. Well, being British, they've still left one in next to junc 15 of the M6, but we can't have everything! Wouldn't be the same without at least one roundabout to have to queue at.

There are now discreetly-placed Average Speed Cameras all the way along it between Junctions 15 & 16. They go live at the end of this month. Set for 'zero tolerance', whatever that means.

So anything more than a parked car will set them off?

It does rather sound like Gor.

Gor blinmey!

HEMA is dead popular now and it sounds like that's in there as a factor, might also be Gor inspired, not being reported on as such that I can see.

Doesn't generally take any outside ideology for some guys to treat women like filth.

Pic below is unedited and came from Cold Steel who are a US based sword retailer, I saw it a year or two back, it looked so much like a Gor book cover I couldn't resist cropping it and adding the words

ThKi5ch.jpg

The man killed in a crossbow murder-suicide pact in Germany is believed to have led a cultish group devoted to medieval folklore and treated the women around him like slaves, reports say.

The bodies of Torsten W and two women were found in a hotel room in Bavaria on Saturday, alongside three crossbows. The deaths were linked to two more deaths in Germany on Monday. Torsten W appeared to have controlled the women like an oppressive sect leader, German media reports.

Medieval Sex Cult at Center of German Crossbow Murder Mystery

Police now say a German sex guru specializing in medieval bondage directed lesbian sex slaves in bizarre murder-suicide.

The storefront window of Torsten Weiss’s medieval fetish shop in Hachenburg, Germany, is adorned with a mannequin splattered with fake blood sitting open-legged on a counter. A periwinkle blue rope is tied several times around her wrists and neck. Thick silver chains are draped across her shoulders like suspenders. A stained blindfold is pushed up above her eyes. The store offers replicas of ancient weapons like longbows, spears and battle axes alongside Knights Templar flags. It also offers medieval reenactment and jousting classes.

Last weekend Weiss was found dead with crossbow bolts protruding from his neck and skull on a double bed on the second floor of a quaint B&B in the picturesque Bavarian town of Passau. By his side was 33-year-old Kerstin Enders, who had succumbed to similar fatal injuries.

On the floor in front of them in a pool of blood was 30-year-old Farina Caspari, suspected of honoring Weiss’s dominator command to first kill him and Enders and then take her own life, which she clearly did, according to investigators.

Weiss and Enders left wills at their sides, presumably to ensure that the motives were clear. "Investigators suspect they were all members of a kind of sex circle with a focus on the Middle Ages,” according to RTL news quoting local investigators on the scene. “[Weiss] may have been the guru of the group.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/germa...-medieval-sex-cult?source=twitter&via=desktop

maximus otter

Medieval Sex Cult at Center of German Crossbow Murder Mystery

Police now say a German sex guru specializing in medieval bondage directed lesbian sex slaves in bizarre murder-suicide.

The storefront window of Torsten Weiss’s medieval fetish shop in Hachenburg, Germany, is adorned with a mannequin splattered with fake blood sitting open-legged on a counter. A periwinkle blue rope is tied several times around her wrists and neck. Thick silver chains are draped across her shoulders like suspenders. A stained blindfold is pushed up above her eyes. The store offers replicas of ancient weapons like longbows, spears and battle axes alongside Knights Templar flags. It also offers medieval reenactment and jousting classes.

Last weekend Weiss was found dead with crossbow bolts protruding from his neck and skull on a double bed on the second floor of a quaint B&B in the picturesque Bavarian town of Passau. By his side was 33-year-old Kerstin Enders, who had succumbed to similar fatal injuries.

On the floor in front of them in a pool of blood was 30-year-old Farina Caspari, suspected of honoring Weiss’s dominator command to first kill him and Enders and then take her own life, which she clearly did, according to investigators.

Weiss and Enders left wills at their sides, presumably to ensure that the motives were clear. "Investigators suspect they were all members of a kind of sex circle with a focus on the Middle Ages,” according to RTL news quoting local investigators on the scene. “[Weiss] may have been the guru of the group.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/germa...-medieval-sex-cult?source=twitter&via=desktop

maximus otter
The linked report includes the sentence
Police say they found a trove of evidence inside the apartment, but nothing that clearly proves how the victims there died.
I’m no forensics expert but I’m guessing the crossbow bolts may have had something to do with it?

Are there increasing numbers of dangerous cults arising in the world right now? Seems to be one in the news every week now. There's even a new one mentioned as the first story in the latest FT. Say what you like about Christianity, most people don't go to church to fire crossbow bolts at each other.

Aussie man killed by slug.

Or more precisely, by the rat lungworm parasite he ingested when he ate the slug for a dare eight years ago. It travelled to his brain, caused eosinophilic meningitis and 420 days of coma followed by paralysis. Horrible way to go.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/a...ies-eight-years-after-eating-a-slug-on-a-dare

More rat lungworm infections, this time in Hawaii. Including someone who ate a slug... on a dare... just a month after the Aussie guy died from doing the same thing. No fatalities yet, fortunately.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/05/23/cases-rat-lungworm-disease-confirmed-visitors-big-island/

More rat lungworm infections, this time in Hawaii. Including someone who ate a slug... on a dare... just a month after the Aussie guy died from doing the same thing. No fatalities yet, fortunately.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/05/23/cases-rat-lungworm-disease-confirmed-visitors-big-island/

One of the visitors got sick in January, but was not hospitalized. It’s not known how the individual got infected, but the Health Department said the visitor ate “many homemade salads” while on vacation.
The other visitor got sick in February, and was hospitalized. The Health Department said the individual likely got sick while “grazing” for fruits and vegetables.

yyooowwwwwwwwwww

Must admit this seems a bit odd, 74 year old hanging outside his window just after midnight
out in the wilds of Anglesey adjusting his sat dish when he is shot with a crossbow, bolt goes
through his chest and his arm on the way out, only thing I can think of is that someone was
out taking sheep and saw him as some sort of threat, watching them or maybe thought he
was armed himself. Whatever append and why it's been a month now with the police
seemingly no clue as to what happened or why.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48240077

“A retired lecturer killed after being shot by a crossbow was "deliberately targeted" detectives have declared as four people were arrested in connection with his death.
Gerald Corrigan, 74, was struck outside his home in a remote part of Holyhead, Anglesey, at about 12.35am on April 19 as he adjusted his satellite dish.

On Tuesday, a North Wales Police spokesman said a 38-year-old man from the Bryngwran area had been arrested on suspicion of Mr Corrigan's murder and a number of other related offences.

Two other men, a 48-year-old from the Caergeilog area and a 36-year-old from Bryngwran, were arrested for conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit fraud and a number of related offences.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/25/lecturer-killed-crossbow-targeted-police-declare-four-people/

Will hacks please stop using the words “killed by a crossbow/gun/knife”! They are inanimate objects with no autonomy and no volition. Mr. Corrigan was killed by a man using a crossbow, not by the crossbow acting with independent malice.

maximus otter

A man has been charged with murder in this case

The other four arrested are released on conditional bail. The reason should emerge eventually. What's the betting it's something trivial like overgrown Leylandii.
I'm amazed that it worked. Did the murderer hang around until the man just happened to lean out of his window, or did the murderer scramble the satellite connection, knowing that it had to be fixed by someone leaning through the window?

Reactions: RaM
Back