• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Deaths

It was acid and he was shot.

A man whose body was found dumped on a street covered in "potentially hazardous" substances had been shot and attacked with acid, police said.

Liam Smith's body was discovered on Kilburn Drive in Shevington, Wigan, at about 19:00 BST on Thursday. Greater Manchester Police (GMP) has launched a murder inquiry into the "unique and shocking circumstances".

Following Mr Smith's death, his family paid tribute to the 38-year-old as "the life and soul of the party".

His body was found on a patch of rough ground between houses which leads to a dirt track and open fields.

GMP said: "Detectives are working tirelessly to establish the exact details of this murder, which took place in unique and shocking circumstances on a quiet residential street."

The hazardous substances were not believed to pose any further harm or risk to the public and have been contained, it added.

Det Ch Insp Gina Brennand said the "shocking murder of a much-loved family man" was the first fatal shooting in the area for more than two years.

She urged anyone who had seen "anything unusual or out of the ordinary near to the victim's home" on Thursday to contact the police.

"We are determined to recover the weapon and find Liam's killer," she said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-63772618
It's peculiar how those who die a violent death are often described as loving husband,father/fun loving/heart and soul of the party/do anything for anybody etc and then it comes out what they are really like. I doubt this was a random murder.

It's peculiar how those who die a violent death are often described as loving husband,father/fun loving/heart and soul of the party/do anything for anybody etc and then it comes out what they are really like. I doubt this was a random murder.
Likewise, the comment that it "was the first fatal shooting in the area for more than two years".

Pretty sure that haven't been any shootings, fatal or otherwise, in my neck of the woods in, I don't know, decades, maybe longer...

Last edited:
Likweise, the comment that it "was the first fatal shooting in the area for more than two years".

Pretty sure that haven't been any shootings, fatal or otherwise, in my neck of the woods in, I don't know, decades, maybe longer...
Yes I noticed the irony there.

lt’s for those who are too old to be a “promising young footballer” or “an aspiring rapper.”

See my post here on an unrelated thread.

maximus otter

Or those who had a "bright future" ahead of them. Well they would have had, if they weren't drug dealers, money launderers, gun toters or car thieves etc.
A few years ago the son of a Colombian diplomat was mugged by three youths outside a Tesco. The Father went with his son to find them. Two had gone and one remained. Suffice to say it didn't end well for the youth. In the papers the parents said that 'he wasn't a bad lad'. Apparently then, mugging people is not considered wrong in some people's eyes.

(There was some consternation over this at the time as the Father could not be prosecuted due to diplomatic immunity. I'd say fair enough in this case- unlike the youth who in the Clinton era vandalised road signs in Singapore and was due to be flogged for it, but got let off as his Father was an American diplomat).

I have no information about this.

But if the CIA and Mossad really were after one or all of these men, surely the most efficient way to silence them would be to steal their cryptocurrencies and reduce them to bankruptcy?

I have no information about this.

But if the CIA and Mossad really were after one or all of these men, surely the most efficient way to silence them would be to steal their cryptocurrencies and reduce them to bankruptcy?
Except that they'd still be alive to blab about it.

This whole thread is interesting:

Three bitcoin billionaires have died.
- Vyacheslav Taran (crash)
- Tiantian Kullander (died in sleep)
- Nikolai Mushegian (drowned)

Big Brother is taking them out. Mushegian tweeted days before his death CIA and Mossad were after him. Dark times

Nobody died from falling out of a high window or balcony.

Everyone sees a funeral; no-one sees a bank account being closed.

maximus otter

Au contraire.

When a Cypto currency collapses, or a Ponzi scheme gets busted, the head of it attracts a lot of attention if the media are tipped off.
Humiliated and exposed, they are belittled.

If this was caused by an intelligence agency...it is a show of strength.

If an intelligence agency had it in for one of these Crypto heads, why would that be?
Were any of these crypto heads a threat to the stability and security of a nation state?

On balance, I think it would be in an intelligence agency's interests to keep the currency going for a while.

Either to monitor transactions (by a Trojan Horse software) to see if terrorists /criminals were using the currency.

Or to use the currency to wash funds through - such as was done with the (non-cypto) BCCI.
Funds used for Black Ops.

Then if the "paper trail" gets rumbled, they pull the rug from under it. i.e. BCCI.

Tree surgeon died after falling into wood chipper while tangled in Christmas lights​

And, folks, it was Hopkinsville! Might not be Gremlins but goblins!

Full story here..
Nasty. Too much like Fargo movie. One of my favs, but this I would not want to happen to anyone.

My niece's husband's family run a tree pruning/removal company.

Been bitten twice that I know of by spiders here in the UK one of which turned a bit nasty
so it can happen.

1670081458692.png

Farm to face trial after teacher killed by cow
Marian Clode was flipped over a fence as she walked along a path in 2016.
FULL STORY: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-63842275
One wonders whether the cow got out of the field, or if she was walking through the field where the cow was. Which ever it was what made the woman get so close to a cow to get bowled over. As usual the BBC don't provide a "full story". My grandfather kept cows and apparently always maintained that you had to keep your wits about you when you were around them. This woman clearly didn't.

One wonders whether the cow got out of the field, or if she was walking through the field where the cow was. Which ever it was what made the woman get so close to a cow to get bowled over. As usual the BBC don't provide a "full story". My grandfather kept cows and apparently always maintained that you had to keep your wits about you when you were around them. This woman clearly didn't.
There was another story linked underneath which provides more detail. It says the cattle were being moved when some broke loose and charged at her.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-54651657

I once walked through a field (in flip-flops) and the cows started to surround us. The dog just said 'see you later' and legged it leaving me alone. No loyalty these days.

Cows get spooked and investigate if something approaches too quietly. You need to clap your hands together in single, cupped hands, loud claps from a distance so that they know you're coming.

Cows get spooked and investigate if something approaches too quietly. You need to clap your hands together in single, cupped hands, loud claps from a distance so that they know you're coming.
Won't that make them think they're about to be fed?

Won't that make them think they're about to be fed?
No. The sound of the tractor approaching (or the pick-up) and the farmer shouting something like 'Here cows' whilst hoiking out the cow-food will make them think they're about to get fed.

No. The sound of the tractor approaching (or the pick-up) and the farmer shouting something like 'Here cows' whilst hoiking out the cow-food will make them think they're about to get fed.
We called "here cowboss, cowboss". Not sure what it exactly meant and only spelling it as it sounded. Then they'd start to head from the pasture to the barn for milking.

Summer they were out in pasture and in the barn evening and morning, so they were only fed while in the barn. Dairy cows as opposed to beef cattle.

We called "here cowboss, cowboss". Not sure what it exactly meant and only spelling it as it sounded. Then they'd start to head from the pasture to the barn for milking.

Summer they were out in pasture and in the barn evening and morning, so they were only fed while in the barn. Dairy cows as opposed to beef cattle.
Something on the telly box a while ago about a high tech farm where the cows could enter the milking area on their own when they wanted to be milked, all done automatically.

Also, turning round to face a group of 'exploratory' cows (which are usually not cows at all, but bullocks, which can be sprightly at the best of times) and stamping your foot hard can work. It gives them pause for thought, anyway.

But cows are dangerous.

Back