• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Dreams!

Nitsuj

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've had a couple of strange dreams recently! In the first one I went to a sort of indoor jumble sale and found a paperback book called something like: The Necronomicon! A few moments later I mislaid it along with two music cds! Then I found it again, but swapped it for a horror novel about witches! In last night's dream I went on a day trip with my Mum and Dad on a sunny April day! There was something sinister about the atmosphere that day, but I wasn't quite sure what it was! I went to sleep in April, but according to my Mum and Dad when I woke up it was December! They were having some building work done on the house! Then I pointed out the fact that the bumble bees were still pollinating the flowers! Finally I was walking along the garden path when my Mum put a cloth sack over my head and said something vaguely comforting! Then I woke up! What do you think and have you had any strange dreams lately? :shock:

Dreams, by their nature, are strange. Don't worry about them.

Strangest dream I ever had, involved talking farmyard animals. I vaguely remember dreaming about walking around a farmyard chatting to a goose about my real life job. My partner at the time was woken by me shouting "them f**king ducks never shut the gate", although I remember nothing like that.

I did have this dream every couple of months for a few years, hopefully minus the outburst, it just seemed to feel like I was off loading the daily grind. I wouldn't worry about your dreams too much, I seriously doubt there is any hidden meaning. ;)

no offence intended, nitsuj, but dreams are so boring. yes, they're often weird, but they're nevertheless boring. utterly uninteresting. i find my own dreams boring, let alone other people's.

ginoide said:
no offence intended, nitsuj, but dreams are so boring.
No they're not!

But we already have Dream threads...

And what are the Mods doing? Starting new threads on old topics, is what! And ignoring some posts on Help with Re-organisation too.

Humph!

I'll say it again, Humph!

In my day mods were mods. And you could buy a loaf of bread and still have money left over to go to the pictures!

I apologise if I did something wrong in starting a new topic about dreams! But I'm new to the message boards. Anyway last night I dreamt that I lived in a world where all the people had turned into rage filled homicidal zombies that were killing one another! I was sheltering in a bathroom in a house somewhere! Then I was just wandering the streets...Has anyone got any more strange dreams? :roll:

I love zombie dreams, I'm always slightly sad when I wake up and its not the apocolypse... :rofl:

Barb1212 said:
I love zombie dreams, I'm always slightly sad when I wake up and its not the apocolypse... :rofl:

That is such a downer isn't it! :(

I recently had a dream about the nature of time. In my dream I was aware of the Universal "now" in that each second was the same every where and that if you could get in tune with the universal second you could become Godlike, knowing everything and being everywhere as you only had to think about now and not the past or the future. It was so clear a concept in my dream that when I woke up I was babbling to my other half about it...the look of confusion on his face meant that I was making no sense but in the dream it was perfectly clear and understandable. :roll:

What about that book by the guy who claimed to have worked out how to control time? Can't remember offhand but it was early 20th century and quite well known.

spirit guide dreams

has anyone ever had a spirit guide dream...an especially vivid and memorable dream in which a spirit guide appeared or was sensed, and the dreamer felt themselves being given special help or direction?

i think, (sorry ginocide,) that those dreams are especially interesting as they convey something of value to everyone, and are more that just a jumble of subconscious clues bubbling to the surface.

there was a posting on ihto (can't find it now of course) in which someone recounted dreaming of a person wearing a four pointed hat and imparting some type of cosmic knowledge... research found that shamans of northern finland wear hats as described. surely this is curious and worthy of interest. as the dreamer was not aware of knowing this in advance.

i have had what i believe was a spirit dream in which i was accompanied by a guide who appeared after i found myself in mysterious and unexplainable (and for some reason terrifying) circumstances. there was a particular depth of emotion and vivid clarity in this dream which i have never forgotten. and i have never forgotten the sense of solace and protection i felt from the guide. since then i have discovered that my dream had aspects to it that matched ancient egyptian beliefs about the souls journey to the afterlife that i didn't know at the time of the dreaming.

so some dreams can be interesting to all, if they impart some kind of knowledge that can have meaning to everyone.

the original poster's dreams are interesting in that they reveal a confused sense of time and place, and a feeling of being deluded or deceived (hoodwinked) by trusted authority figures.
the fact they they are of such concern to the poster shows they are significant and not "boring."

Energy weapon dream

I had a very vivid dream last autumn (2009). I keep running through it in my head, it was so clear.

It starts and I'm this woman standing on a beach. This is itself odd for me as I'm a bloke and I don't ever recall having a dream in first person where I'm not 'myself' before this. It was strange as I still felt like me - like she is me. I'm happily married and don't have any secret fantasies about being a woman etc before you ask :)

So anyway, she/I was in her late 20's I'd guess, with shortish dark curly hair, averagely attractive (these thoughts came to me as the dream started like I just knew them apart from the age which is a guess). As I said I was standing on the beach. It was like an English touristy beach, with a concrete sea front and those wooden barriers running towards the sea to keep the sand from drifting, if you know what I mean.

I turn my attention to this kid playing in the sand and smile. I know he's not my kid, I guess I'm just being broody? I enjoy watching him play for a short while then turn my attention to my right to look out to the sea. I suddenly see this vertical line of light in the distance extending from the sky down to the sea, I know immediately that its an energy weapon and any moment now we'll be hit by the blast wave!

I turn and run away. I know there's a changing room with showers not far behind me, I run there and get into the shower room and turn on the shower. I close my eyes and wait for the searing heat.

Needless to say I wake up at this point, and I remember feeling really guilty about the boy I'd abandoned to get vaporised. I kept running events through my head and thinking whether I could have saved the boy. I (and I mean me-me now not her-me) wonder why I didn't just get in the sea by maybe there was a good reason why not. I'm not sure if she/I survived.

All very strange! It was so vivid, like events were being rerun. I'd be inclined to wonder whether it was a past life but people didn't have energy weapons like this in the past... We still don't (right?).

Re: spirit guide dreams

thenumenorian said:
has anyone ever had a spirit guide dream...an especially vivid and memorable dream in which a spirit guide appeared or was sensed, and the dreamer felt themselves being given special help or direction?

i think, (sorry ginocide,) that those dreams are especially interesting as they convey something of value to everyone, and are more that just a jumble of subconscious clues bubbling to the surface.

there was a posting on ihto (can't find it now of course) in which someone recounted dreaming of a person wearing a four pointed hat and imparting some type of cosmic knowledge... research found that shamans of northern finland wear hats as described. surely this is curious and worthy of interest. as the dreamer was not aware of knowing this in advance.

i have had what i believe was a spirit dream in which i was accompanied by a guide who appeared after i found myself in mysterious and unexplainable (and for some reason terrifying) circumstances. there was a particular depth of emotion and vivid clarity in this dream which i have never forgotten. and i have never forgotten the sense of solace and protection i felt from the guide. since then i have discovered that my dream had aspects to it that matched ancient egyptian beliefs about the souls journey to the afterlife that i didn't know at the time of the dreaming.

so some dreams can be interesting to all, if they impart some kind of knowledge that can have meaning to everyone.

the original poster's dreams are interesting in that they reveal a confused sense of time and place, and a feeling of being deluded or deceived (hoodwinked) by trusted authority figures.
the fact they they are of such concern to the poster shows they are significant and not "boring."

The "four pointed hat" post was by Hypermetropia on page 2 of "My 15 Minutes of Enlightenment" on IHTM.
(Sunday afternoon -nothing much else to do!)

mumrah's dream

could the boy be you?

have you traded dream identities with someone who might have/could or should have saved you?

myself like dreams with music

had a dream with madonna singing the abba song fernando

it was truly angelic

strangest dream must be an all orange and black dream about a freeze dryed alien who needed me to add water,in the dream i didnt actually get that it needed me to help resurect it .only figured it out hours after i had woken lol

most fun dream has to be a fully cartoon dream i dont get them so much now but was really fun while it lasted

Last week I had the weirdest dream. I was at work, or something that vaguely resembled work. The same enviroment but empty of the usual office desks and stuff. For some reason a radiator in the office had exploded, though it didnt cause much damage. My work colleague appeared and placed his hand on my shoulder and said in a solemn tone "Shake, rattle and roll"

I then woke up and was a bit freaked. The dream was totally vivid but totally without any symbolism that I could recognise. The following day at work the dream stayed with me, it seemed significant for some reason, almost a bit scary. Anyways it wasnt till afternoon that the guy I work with and the one in the dream came in. He started to tell me about someone he'd been talking to that morning. This person happened to have a serious health condition but had been joking with my colleage. "Yeah, he told me his favourite song was Shake, Rattle and Roll"

I could have fell through the floor. The delivery of the line was different from the dream but that phrase, whats the chances of that? Its not something used at all by either of us. Totally random. And what gets me is how meaningless it was, it was like Id experienced a form of precognition and it was crap! Something quite mindblowing had happened yet all it had suceeded in doing was giving me the heeby geebies.

Well I suppose theres always the exploding radiator, will have to see about that one

from my previous post "cartoon dream i dont get them so much now "

well lol the that very night i had a semi cartoon dream:)

kinda real life manga which involved one side who had well over the top military vehicles(you know massive tanks with 3 turrets etc) and a king kong style monkey who were in a secret war with similar aged superheros (kids )

along the lines that grownups were totally oblivious to the groups goings on,but hard to tell from the observer if it was real or how the kids imagine it

kinda random but very entertaining...

Wow, you all have interesting dreams. Me, I hardly ever remember any dreams. :(

Last night I had this dream. I did not make it up and I try to tell it as clearly as I can:

In the last months the great wise men of China have noticed that the sound of the Great (Imperial?) Flute has changed. It has become clearer, more diamond like. They are still trying to figure out what this means. And they will have to find someone in the Empire who can play it in its new state.

Now what? :shock:

Is this an existing tale that I heard somewhere? Where did this come from? Whatever could this mean?

I can think of a very Freudian interpretation but I will not go into details :D

Sounds like part of a Chinese folk tale. If you get any more, let us know.

uair01 said:
Last night I had this dream. I did not make it up and I try to tell it as clearly as I can:

In the last months the great wise men of China have noticed that the sound of the Great (Imperial?) Flute has changed.

Well, your message sent me on a google-quest, but I found very little except a really good web site concerning ancient instruments http://www.asza.com/ihm.shtml

Let us know if there's any follow-up to your dream. Thanks!

I've just woken up from a strange experience. I was dreaming about something random when I clearly heard my missus call out my name. She hadn't been in my dream at all and her voice sounded more real so it woke me up. I looked at the alarm clock and it was exactly 8am. I looked at her and she was still snoring away. The weird thing is, she'd been nagging me to book myself a doctor's appointment the day before and to do that, you have to start phoning at 8am to get a chance of an appointment. I would have definitely over slept if I hadn't heard her crystal clear voice calling my name. :eek: . Perhaps she shouted it in her sleep but the time was a strange coincidence ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ger
I had an experience many years ago, i was dreaming and when i awoke my friend, in the next bed, was talking in her sleep, she was finishing my dream off :eek: I was listening to her with a :eek: look on my face

I had an experience many years ago, i was dreaming and when i awoke my friend, in the next bed, was talking in her sleep, she was finishing my dream off :eek: I was listening to her with a :eek: look on my face

:eek: .... head f**k !

I once dreamt of wandering around the house, it was dark and I was for ever having trouble with the light switches. I thought it must be down to a power cut so I decided to check the time - the clock in the kitchen. Again, it was too dark to make out the hands so my next plan was to turn on the TV. I began hearing the sound of a train passing somewhere outdoors, that noise they make on the tracks - der dum, der dum, der dum etc. So there I was fiddling with the TV buttons when I heard a door behind me slam shut....god I woke up with a start, my heart thumping away. Once awake I wasnt sure if it was a dreamed door slam or the real thing. This worried me for awhile but I soon drifted back asleep.

Doesn't the brain sometimes incorporate external stimuli into the dream, so if e.g. the radio is on, the song or the news might influence your dream? In which case, maybe your friend didn't only finish your dream off, she may have been responsible for starting it when she started talking in her sleep.

Back