• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Dreams!

my weird recurring dream revolves around me being stranded miles from home with no way of getting back other than having to walk, soon into my trek though i am suddenly aware that my legs have gone really stiff and i can barely move them - meaning walking becomes virtually impossible...... i have had differing versions of this dream for years now but always the same stiff legs syndrome.... can anyone explain the meaning??

Sounds like a basic fear of lack of security played out in a scenario where you can't get back to your place of comfort and safety. Sometimes dreams tell you something pretty simple.

I very rarely have dreams that I can remember.
The few that I do remember seem to vanish from my memory almost instantly, leaving only a few vague thoughts behind. Most of these few seem to involve me trying to get from A to B (destination unknown). Along the way, I obtain vehicles that are not in working order and I have to rebuild them to be able to drive them. Then, driving along the route, I keep taking the wrong turn and I go round in circles. A bit like my life, in fact.

First post, please be gentle...
I recently had a dream in which I read a poem. All I remember of it is the line 'the being-wells of the spaces under the stairs', which sounds quite nice if slightly bonkers. Probably from some long-forgotten poem I read years ago. Does anyone better educated than me recognise it?

'the being-wells of the spaces under the stairs'

There is a nagging familiarity to that, it certainly has a Lovecraft Creature-from-the-space-beyond-geometry sort of feel to it. Also a bit Alan Moore in his more esoteric moments. Whatever it's a wonderful line, and if no-none claims it you should definitely use it in something!

Mr P

So in today’s edition of “What the hell is my subconscious trying to tell me…?” I give you last night’s dream:

I was attending the premiere of a new Batman Vs Superman movie.
In this particular film, the Sons of Martha weren’t battling Lex Luthor, the Joker, or Zod.

Oh no, they were fighting a giant robot controlled by the spirits of Fred and Rose West, who, in this universe, weren’t just mundane, banal; yet still evil serial killers.
They were, in fact, disembodied intergalactic beings who could control the actions of man and machine to their wicked purposes.

Got to say, as mad as it was, it was still a better movie than "Dawn of Justice"…

'the being-wells of the spaces under the stairs'

There is a nagging familiarity to that, it certainly has a Lovecraft Creature-from-the-space-beyond-geometry sort of feel to it. Also a bit Alan Moore in his more esoteric moments. Whatever it's a wonderful line, and if no-none claims it you should definitely use it in something!

Mr P
I've read some Lovecraft so it might be from him. Except he would have said 'the nameless being-wells from the cyclopian spaces under the stairs' or something.

First post, please be gentle...
I recently had a dream in which I read a poem. All I remember of it is the line 'the being-wells of the spaces under the stairs', which sounds quite nice if slightly bonkers. Probably from some long-forgotten poem I read years ago. Does anyone better educated than me recognise it?
Early Radiohead lyric. ;)

I don't remember everything they said, but one thing I remember was "we were trying to warn you and your podmates about this" which makes no sense to me.

Dolphin social groups are referred to as pods... maybe that is the linguistic message trying to be conveyed? And why are these occurrences of dream figures so often warnings?

Dolphin social groups are referred to as pods... maybe that is the linguistic message trying to be conveyed? And why are these occurrences of dream figures so often warnings?

Over half a year after the dream and I still have no clue what in the world it could have been about. The further out I get, the less convinced I get that it was anything but a really realistic dream. Which would be alright by me, I can live without weird beings walking around my apartment at night! :)

Over half a year after the dream and I still have no clue what in the world it could have been about. The further out I get, the less convinced I get that it was anything but a really realistic dream. Which would be alright by me, I can live without weird beings walking around my apartment at night! :)

Weird beings wandering about the room at night are the pits! :fhtagn:

I dreamt I went to an Australian film festival where I was appearing in a film with Ian McShane. Oddly, we had to do the scene for our movie at the festival. It all went well, but when I went to congratulate him in the canteen, he wasn't there and his friends told me he had just popped out, so I moved away and there he was, I said my compliment and he thanked me as he passed, then I went off and ordered macaroni cheese which was packed with masses of Red Leicester. I've heard of the dangers of eating cheese before bedtime, but not when you're in the actual dream.

my weird recurring dream revolves around me being stranded miles from home with no way of getting back other than having to walk, soon into my trek though i am suddenly aware that my legs have gone really stiff and i can barely move them - meaning walking becomes virtually impossible...... i have had differing versions of this dream for years now but always the same stiff legs syndrome.... can anyone explain the meaning??

I have something similar - the stiff legs thing, and being virtually unable to walk, is very familiar. Quite often, I might be climbing a hill, and I just can't get my legs to move at anything above a snail's pace.

As for the stranded part, I often arrive at one point in a dream by one means of transport, but it turns into another. A car might turn into a bicycle, for example, or might just disappear, leaving me on foot.

Last night, in my dream, I found a car quite by surprise, one which I'd mislaid many years before! I was taking pictures in a small market town, which was a lot more interesting than its real-life counterpart. I spotted 2 Hillman Hunters (fairly popular British car about 45 years ago...) in surprisingly good condition, and thought it would be nice to photograph them together. Oddly, one of them was being used as a pub table in the market square - not sure how that would work... Anyway, as I lined up the photo, I suddenly spotted, in between them, a Toyota I used to own. In real life, I got rid of it in about 2001, but in my dream, I realised, to my surprise, that I still owned it, and had forgotten all about it! A nice surprise, but which left me with the problem of getting "my" car back home.

Shortly thereafter, I went to test-drive a Golf GTi, but it turned out to be a SEAT, a model which was new to me. Sitting in the back, and leaning forwards, I saw that it (unusually for a modern car) had 3 seats at the front, as well as at the back. Sadly, apart from noting the slightly garish upholstery which contrasted markedly with the sea of grey plastic on the dashboard, my dream then moved on to other things.

A couple of nights ago I had a very detailed and intriguing dream about something that will happen on our world, the Earth, that shall be about 20 times worse than the previous great depression. This had led to a nuclear fire exchange between nations, not total planetary and environmental destruction though.

This dream was disturbing and intense. I had written this dream in six A4 sized pages titled 'Dream of Tribulation'. If one requests, I shall type this dream on this forum.

Sounds like you fell asleep while listening to the news.

Sounds like you fell asleep while listening to the news.
I did not listen to the news, however, in a certain part of my dream I was listening to a news report on a radio in 5 seater aeroplane. I cannot discredit the fact that 'Gang-Stalkers' may have been secretly implanting that sound in my ears whilst I was sleeping, if so, I owe them one for stating that fact to me. After this dream, it just helped me realise the real importance if us becoming prepared to what most likely will come.

Last night I had a corker of a gothic dream...I with others was charged with exhuming a child's body. I vividly recall picking up sections of the ground until finally I personally found the outline of the box in which they were buried. I lift it out, worried about drippage from below. The box and contents are placed down in front of hte person in charge and then there's a now-difficult-to-picture larger person, a sort of caretaker maybe. He empties the body out and i can see its partly decomposed. But on closer inspection I see something..in the nape of its neck some mechanicl/electronic device. It's a robot! I tried to raise the alarm but the "caretaker" and others immediatly leap on me and try to choke me to stop me letting the secret out.

The recollection of the continuing story then starts to break down only I know there are several people going through the corridors of an office building say, excited about the discovery that some people are robots. But how do they/we know we're not one ourselves? At one point confronted with sweets of some kind and realising my sugar addiction seems easier to resist than usual I question if this is evidence that I myself am not real.

... in a certain part of my dream I was listening to a news report on a radio in 5 seater aeroplane. I cannot discredit the fact that 'Gang-Stalkers' may have been secretly implanting that sound in my ears whilst I was sleeping ...
sleeping on the plane as part of the dream ? or real life gang stalkers interfering with you while asleep having your dream ?

either way, can i be the only one waiting for you to post the full unabridged narrative ?

Minutes after writing the above I saw this image on facebook...I wonder if it may have been the precognitive trigger for the dream imagery...

21433014_10156635863087571_585209557510349602_n.jpg

sleeping on the plane as part of the dream ? or real life gang stalkers interfering with you while asleep having your dream ?

either way, can i be the only one waiting for you to post the full unabridged narrative ?

I had a dream of being in the aeroplane and I am not saying for sure it was any gang stalkers using holosonic technology, just a possible option. I will send the dream to you through a private message, it is fairly long. The dream is certainly not an exaggeration and is exactly what I had seen, felt, and heard.

I dreamed that in a cold place where I'm going soon I'll have to carry a live mouse in my pocket. I also looked up and saw watch faces floating in the sky, then looked harder and spotted a really huge clock face sort of blending into the clouds...

Then a friend who works as PT rang me to go and see her at work, which inexplicably a care home, one of those that've been converted from a country house. (That sort are ALL haunted, by the way.)

She reckoned it was having spooky stuff going on, so I agreed to sit in an especially creepy bedroom for a bit, and saw a plant-trough (like for putting several plant pots in) which was full of water, standing on a shelf. It floated up in the air and was about to tip water over me when Techy woke me up with a brew.

All meaningless, except that I saw a very clear picture of a clock face in a newspaper yesterday and thought 'That's nice!'

This is embarrassingly random, but towards the tail end of last night’s dream I saw Patrick Mcgoohan trapped beneath an old wooden windmill, and if that isn’t weird enough : one of the ‘turny’ bits fell off and decapitated him.

I have no explanation for that. Saw him in a columbo episode last week but ...

I’m also somewhat ashamed of making this public :oops:

This is embarrassingly random, but towards the tail end of last night’s dream I saw Patrick Mcgoohan trapped beneath an old wooden windmill, and if that isn’t weird enough : one of the ‘turny’ bits fell off and decapitated him.

I have no explanation for that. Saw him in a columbo episode last week but ...

I’m also somewhat ashamed of making this public :oops:

Don't be ashamed! It's quite interesting.

It's all grist to the mill.

Wasn't Patrick Mcgoohan in more Columbo episodes than any other actor apart from Peter Falk?

Back