• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Find At Car Boot Sale: Stamp Extras

Btw, i believe carbooties are called swap meets in the US
An alternative transliteration might then be to call them Autotrunkies <opens a new tab>

Wow.....I just did I quick check on Google, and I've accidently made-up a brand-new word (apparently).

When I press the button "Post Reply" I will be creating a genuine honest-to-goodness Googlewhack.....hold on tight, and adopt the brace position......

And I shall add this quote to give some borrowed gravitas to my creation...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....

EDIT Dammit.....my new word still doesn't exist, yet, according to Google. I presume it will take time for its instantiation to occur.....

Last edited:
An alternative transliteration might then be to call them Autotrunkies <opens a new tab>

Wow.....I just did I quick check on Google, and I've accidently made-up a brand-new word (apparently).

When I press the button "Post Reply" I will be creating a genuine honest-to-goodness Googlewhack.....hold on tight, and adopt the brace position......
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche

Back