• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Folk (Not Obviously Human!)

This happened a few years ago. The subway system had extened its line to Plymouth, a town only 25 mi. from where I was living on the Cape. And since I wanted to attend an event in Boston a friend of mine was participating in, I decided it would be a good Idea to try this new route out. It was a Sunday and my then boyfriend and I arrived at the deserted terminal to wait for the train. Suddenly this young man appeared, (I mean that literally) We had been looking at the poster of the "T" route and turned around and he was just THERE! He had dark hair and eyes, fair skin that was heavily tattooed and a few skattered facial piercings. He looked like he had just woken up (11:00 am). I immediately got a fey vibe off him, which usually means I'm in for an unusual experience. My boyfriend got all puffed up and defensive. The Stranger asked if we were going in to Boston, I said "yes" and he remarked that the trains don't run on the regular schedule on Sunday- the wait would be another two hours for the next train to come buy. Well, that info (that I should have known) blew the time table we had for the Boston outing and disapointedly we desided it was not a go for that day. I thanked him for telling us about the delay and as we turned to go he asked if we could give him a ride to Plymouth. (We were already in Plymouth!) Before I could speak my BF got all huffy and Protective and said no we weren't heading that way.

When we got back to the car I looked back (cause my sense of the stranger was that he was not dangerous) and he was Gone. I mean we had only turned our backs for the few steps it had taken to get back to the car. As we drove away I cranked my head around to see where he might have headed-nothing- the train stop was as deserted as when we first pulled up. That's when the hair bristled on the back of my neck and my forearms- AND THAT only happens when I encounter a GHOST!

Re: Re: low-folk talk

rynner said:
Possibly from French Cauchemer, meaning 'Nightmare'.

Not to be rude, but it would be CauchemAr. I assume that why it would end with MA.

MrHyde said:
Now, for the rest of my Gran's life she had an intense dislike of the colour green. She wouldn't have it in the house and told all the family that it was bad luck. Wouldn't accept a green present, anything.
She must have had a difficult time around St. Patrick's day. :(

Several elderly ladies of my aquaintence (sp?) have had the opinion that green was an unlucky colour

intaglio said:
Several elderly ladies of my aquaintence (sp?) have had the opinion that green was an unlucky colour

i take it they're not celtic fans.

Green is unlucky in the theatre, the only time it is concidered ok is when you are doing Peter Pan.

Peacock feathers are 'unlucky' too.

For a second or two when I was walking the dog today, I could have sworn I saw a little face staring out of the trees at me. It was distinctly orange, extremely small with very sharp features and looked like it was just crouching in the trees, looking out into the field at me.

I just shook my head and thought 'no way, I'm imagining it', but...

On another note, long ago, I worked in an art restoration gallery. One slow afternoon, the other employees and I were talking about strange, paranormal things that had happened to them (unfortunately, I had nothing to share). But one man told of an afternoon, when he and a friend of his, and his friend's young daughter were walking down a country road. There at the side of the road, standing about 3 feet above the ground, was a gnome-like being ringing a bell, which made no sound, at least that they could hear. The gnome saw them, and disappeared. The trio walked silently on for a bit, when the little girl said, "Who was that funny little man?" And her father said, "Yeah, who WAS that funny little man?"
Unfortunately, I don't remember what the gnome/little man was wearing, or really what he looked like, and I haven't been in contact with the coworker for twenty years, so don't ask me to ask him more about it. I don't even remember his name! But I was very impressed by his story, and wonder what dimensional portal was active that afternoon, so that the little man could be seen but not heard.

Why was he standing ABOVE the ground?

Why was he ringing a bell?

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago, yhere was an advertisement on TV featuring a strangely alien looking girl. She had dark hair and pinched features with almost "Wrap around" eyes. I cant remember if she spoke but I seem to recall she was Scottish so she must have. I can't remember what the advert was for either but I also remember it in magazines too. Does she look like that for real? surely not a alien human hybrid (which s what I feel we were meant to believe) Or was it all done with mirrors (or technology)?

rushfan62 said:
A few years ago, yhere was an advertisement on TV featuring a strangely alien looking girl. She had dark hair and pinched features with almost "Wrap around" eyes. I cant remember if she spoke but I seem to recall she was Scottish so she must have. I can't remember what the advert was for either but I also remember it in magazines too. Does she look like that for real? surely not a alien human hybrid (which s what I feel we were meant to believe) Or was it all done with mirrors (or technology)?

Sounds like the playstation advert directed by Chris Cunningham.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d16fkjy59g

It was a normal face manipulated digitally. Look here to see an explanation and the original face.
http://www.director-file.com/cunningham/sony.html

Yes thats the one - thanks Daneldo, so it was technology eh?

Dandelo_ said:
rushfan62 said:

Sounds like the playstation advert directed by Chris Cunningham.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d16fkjy59g

It was a normal face manipulated digitally. Look here to see an explanation and the original face.
http://www.director-file.com/cunningham/sony.html

System of a Down used the same technique for the Aerials video.
Creeps me out a lot, especially during one of my insomnia bouts when my paranoia level is at stupid level.

Maybe this should go into "Day of the animals" :cool:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3419631/Woman-says-s-CAT-trapped-human-body.html

'I was born in the wrong species': Woman who says she's a CAT trapped in a human body hisses at dogs, hates water and claims she can even see better at night
  • Nano, 20, from Norway realised at age of 16 she was born a cat
  • Claims to have superior sense of smell and ability to see in dark
  • Speaks to best friend Svien in 'cat language' of meows
  • Psychologist says she can grow out of it, but Nano wants to be cat for life

. . . and she charges 12,000 Krone to sit on your face for an hour!

55 minutes in my case. She spent the last 5 minutes suffocating a baby. :eek:

Wish I could remember the source, but I once read a memoir by a "spirit medium" (with all that implies re. accuracy, embellished recollection, wishful thinking, self-promotion, et c). The author solemnly attested that in her career as a sort of "personal life counsellor" with a psychic edge, at least once she'd met clients who had "the other" about them. People who were not entirely of this world, who were aware they weren't as other people, and who were at a loss as to understand why. The medium said that these people were characterised by a sort of magnetic charm that drew other people to them, and that people in their orbit were in a sort of trance; she even felt it herself. One client was distraught that men got infatuated with her to the point where one had actually killed himself - she felt guilty about this, and also could do without being what amounted to her being a stalker-magnet. The medium actually asserted that incredible though it sounds, there are still faery folk in the world and they still leave changelings. and that having abducted the original human baby for whatever purpose, their aftercare to the changelings they leave is lamentable - even non-existant. The end result being some desperately unhappy "faery folk" in the human world, trying hard to act human, but with the attributes of faeries. (Enchanting people, despite themselves, and leaving a trail of havoc like a random particle in a nuclear accelerator). I offer this without comment or editorial - wish I could recollect the source!

Wish I could remember the source, but I once read a memoir by a "spirit medium" (with all that implies re. accuracy, embellished recollection, wishful thinking, self-promotion, et c). The author solemnly attested that in her career as a sort of "personal life counsellor" with a psychic edge, at least once she'd met clients who had "the other" about them. People who were not entirely of this world, who were aware they weren't as other people, and who were at a loss as to understand why. The medium said that these people were characterised by a sort of magnetic charm that drew other people to them, and that people in their orbit were in a sort of trance; she even felt it herself. One client was distraught that men got infatuated with her to the point where one had actually killed himself - she felt guilty about this, and also could do without being what amounted to her being a stalker-magnet. The medium actually asserted that incredible though it sounds, there are still faery folk in the world and they still leave changelings. and that having abducted the original human baby for whatever purpose, their aftercare to the changelings they leave is lamentable - even non-existant. The end result being some desperately unhappy "faery folk" in the human world, trying hard to act human, but with the attributes of faeries. (Enchanting people, despite themselves, and leaving a trail of havoc like a random particle in a nuclear accelerator). I offer this without comment or editorial - wish I could recollect the source!

It makes sense.

Another flash of memory: the "spirit medium and life-counsellor", as I recall, also said that paradoxically, it is easier today for the faery folk to make the changeling-switch, as hardly anybody believes in religion any more - baptism into Christianity is seen as a social rite of passage rather than a religious one (if it happens at all) and the old wards that prevented the faeries from making the switch have been correspondingly weakened... also that just as nobody really believes in Christianity any more, even fewer people really believe in Faeirie, the other world...

Damn, there's a fantasy novel in this, I realise - a sort of post-Pratchett romp through conventions and expectations...

Another flash of memory: the "spirit medium and life-counsellor", as I recall, also said that paradoxically, it is easier today for the faery folk to make the changeling-switch, as hardly anybody believes in religion any more - baptism into Christianity is seen as a social rite of passage rather than a religious one (if it happens at all) and the old wards that prevented the faeries from making the switch have been correspondingly weakened... also that just as nobody really believes in Christianity any more, even fewer people really believe in Faerie, the other world... Damn, there's a fantasy novel in this, I realize - a sort of post-Pratchett romp through conventions and expectations...

It seems that the Irish have a genetic predisposition towards Capgras delusion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgras_delusion

Yes, I've read a bit about them over the years. They've appeared in the French press from time to time, notably in Paris Match and Point de vue. The latter used to be a publication focused on European royals and aristocrats and their families' involvement in European history. Over the past fifteen years or so it has turned into yet another celebrity mag.

I'd never heard the bit about the Rothschilds or the conversations with aliens but it's YouTube so caveat lector. Or perhaps I should say caveat auditor.

hah! funny, no what i am saying is people that you encountered in street that had robotic, MIB-like behaviour and you were almost sure they weren't human at all

I had a phone call on New Year's Day from a lass at an employment agency I'd never heard of, who didn't seem to realise it was New Year's Day as she asked me if I was at work.

When I tell her I was laid off on 21st December she asks me what I've been doing since then, I say back to her "Youo want to know what I've been doing since 21st December?" and she doesn't click anything's wrong with that, I then have to explain to her that everything has been shut down since then, when the penny drops she says she got caught out because it's now 2019.

I spent some of the conversation trying to work out if this was a really good AI or someone in a call centre in a weird country somewhere where they have a different calendar... no idea how someone can be that clueless in such an odd way.

I had a phone call on New Year's Day from a lass at an employment agency I'd never heard of, who didn't seem to realise it was New Year's Day as she asked me if I was at work.

When I tell her I was laid off on 21st December she asks me what I've been doing since then, I say back to her "Youo want to know what I've been doing since 21st December?" and she doesn't click anything's wrong with that, I then have to explain to her that everything has been shut down since then, when the penny drops she says she got caught out because it's now 2019.

I spent some of the conversation trying to work out if this was a really good AI or someone in a call centre in a weird country somewhere where they have a different calendar... no idea how someone can be that clueless in such an odd way.

This was almost certainly a scam artist. There is a "charming" little scam where they offer you an amazing job, then send you off doing illegal work that seems legit for about a week and don't pay you. This girl who called you was, however, extremely bad at scamming, and you detected enough of the holes in her story.

This was almost certainly a scam artist. There is a "charming" little scam where they offer you an amazing job, then send you off doing illegal work that seems legit for about a week and don't pay you. This girl who called you was, however, extremely bad at scamming, and you detected enough of the holes in her story.
I think you've called it.

hmmmmmm
keel style phone confusion harrasing?

Back