Strange Folk

lucydru

Ephemeral Spectre
Has anyone incountered or heard of a incounter with any strange folk (anyone not classed as a typical human)?

lucydru

A

Anonymous

Do you mean psychopats, or having a drink with the Devil like mentioned elsewhere?

The late Pete Younger

Venerable and Missed
My niece swears that one night when returnig home from a night out with the girls, she saw a man walking toward her who had no face, no features whatsoever, she says she ran all the way home and had trouble sleeping...Personaly I think it was Jack Daniels.:madeyes:

A

Anonymous

that story reminds me of the story that i think was in it happened to me. but anyway i've seen no weird people, things or anything. when it comes to the supernatural i think it all stays away from me

A

Anonymous

p.younger said:
My niece swears that one night when returnig home from a night out with the girls, she saw a man walking toward her who had no face, no features whatsoever, she says she ran all the way home and had trouble sleeping...Personaly I think it was Jack Daniels.:madeyes:
LoL - But how did she know it was a man if it had no features ?

_schnor

Abominable Snowman
I remember about 8 years ago before I started to drive (when my Mum always used to drive me everywhere - aaaw don't you just love mums? :D), we were travelling to town when on the left hand side of the road, up a slight slope my mum gasped and told me to look up on the left.

She slammed on the brakes and we both saw about 12 small people (approx 4ft tall) dressed in green, with tiny little helmets on, carrying miniature guns running along the side of the road :eek!!!!:

We looked around as a car overtook us, blaring its horn, when we turned back we couldnt see anything; we were like WTF?! - a highly unusual experience, but at least is classified as a strange encounter. Maybe they were real people and we just must have been confused as to distance/whatever...

Either that or the leprechauns are getting ready to invade :madeyes:

Once while driving down the street here in Austin, TX, I passed a Short Stop (burger joint), and in the parking lot in broad daylight there were 10-12 "little people" assuming 'the position' around a car, no cops in sight. I couldn't tell if they were children, or dwarves, or what. We circled back around a few minutes later and the car and the people were all gone.

_schnor

Abominable Snowman
What did i tell you?? Aargh the leprechauns !!!

But, erm, protochicken, I must ask what "assuming 'the position' around a car" means :D ooh err missus :eek!!!!:

A

Anonymous

My grandfather tells me that one of my older relatives (one of his grandparents I think) usd to walk through the woods to school as a little girl, and that she had a spirit guide. A nice lady who didn't sink through the snow guided her to school and home every day, and no one else saw her but the little girl. He says the ability to see these types of things runs in our family.

Unfortunately, I think this is just a good story, since I've heard other people claim the same thing about their long dead relatives (spirit guides in the old country) but who knows? Maybe it really did happen.

A

Anonymous

Lucy you know the one...

I told Lucy already about a girl with a disturbingly realistic "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" style Vampire face...she would have been maybe 15/16 yrs old, wearing a hoody on a perfectly warm, sunny day, she was on the carpark of the local Morrison's super-market. I passed pretty close to her, brushed shoulders with her. She looked at me preety intently as we passed...apart from that she was a normal teenage girl from what I could tell. Infact if it wasn't for the whole "lil' miss Vampire" thing, I'd have asked her out if we'd been in a club or in town and my mom hadn't been with me (doh!)...:rolleyes: . She was wierd alright though

The late Pete Younger

Venerable and Missed
Re: Lucy you know the one...

-Oracle- said:
I told Lucy already about a girl with a disturbingly realistic "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" style Vampire face...she would have been maybe 15/16 yrs old, wearing a hoody on a perfectly warm, sunny day, she was on the carpark of the local Morrison's super-market. I passed pretty close to her, brushed shoulders with her. She looked at me preety intently as we passed...apart from that she was a normal teenage girl from what I could tell. Infact if it wasn't for the whole "lil' miss Vampire" thing, I'd have asked her out if we'd been in a club or in town and my mom hadn't been with me (doh!)...:rolleyes: . She was wierd alright though
Im told by my daughter that it's a fashion known as gothic, apparantly a bit old hat now.:cross eye

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Little people seem to have a thing about cars.

One of the weirdest of all tales is from Wollaton Park,
Nottingham in September 1979 when four children claimed to have
seen about sixty little people riding around in little red and white
cars.

"They had greenish faces with crinkles in them and long white
beards with a bit of red on the end . . ."

The source is the Modern Mysteries of Britain by the Bords, where
a photograph is included. Sadly not of the goblins but the kiddies
telling their tales to their headmaster. They all have bad hair.

The kids were aged between eight and ten. A few years later and
they'd probably have been screaming satanic abuse. But in 1979
it was Noddy and Bigears stuff. Mind you, I've heard a thing or
two about that funny little menage . . .:rolleyes:

johnnyboy1968

Ephemeral Spectre
"Black Shadows"

One of my mates told me that when he was a kid, he was playing in some woods near where he lived in Doncaster, when they all became aware of two strange figures standing close by. He says that they were man-sized and shaped, but totally black, with no features visible, and looked strangely 2-D, like they were cutouts. They made a move towards the group of children, who fled.

ISTR a similar sounding UFO entity that was encountered by some children, but my mate hasn't got any interest in the paranormal at all. When he was telling me this, he got progressively agitated and frightened, which spooked me quite a bit as well:eek:

It was quite scary to hear him suddenly come out with this, as he's usually such an uncomplicated, straightforward sort of bloke. When I saw the post on Shadow People, I thought I might find some explaination, but I don't think there's a connection, and all the children present apparently saw them...

A

Anonymous

my brother in law once told me a story his dad told him..aparently when he was out playing as a boy some time before the war he saw a grey figure sat on a branch of a tree. he described this figure as a demon or devil and he said it was watching him grinning. anyway the poor lad was so frightend he c**p**d him self running home.

he also said he wasnt the kind of chap to make up stories, especially ones like that

A

Anonymous

A couple of months ago I was at the supermarket buying some citrus. I was making sure to squeeze them to see if they were good or not when i my eyes came in contact with a another mans eyes across the table. This dude had no nose or any holes for nose. Weird things normally don't happen to me so i just stood there with my mouth wide open staring at this poor noseless fellow. He of course is staring back (probably not used to my particular brand of idiocy) After a minute or so i snapped back into reality and dropped all my oranges.

now this is the weird part.

i bent down to pic up my citrus but when i stood back up HE WAS GONE!!!

he moved down to get some carrots.

thats when the little green devil man came out of nowhere and kicked me in groin

true story

A

Anonymous

this summer me and my roomate and another friend of mine were hanging out at this dinkytowner diner in minneapolis and this old guy came in. he was wearing this blue sport coat and little green shorts and a tee shirt that said "love peace and hillarity" later on that night we saw the same guy peeking into the windows of this sorority house. i think he wqas definately one of the strange folk.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
It's not particularly bizarre, but I have on two occasions seen people with strange and unfortunate skin conditions...
The first occasion was at Windsor train station. I stood near a woman who appeared to be covered head to toe in warts. Yep, every inch of her skin was covered in skin-coloured warts or tumours.
The second occasion was near Victoria bus station in London. This time, it was a man, but the skin appeared to be identical.
I can't remember the name of the skin condition, but apparently it is quite rare.

A

Anonymous

In a cinema in Chesterfield I once saw a man with no ears... At least no 'outer' ear apparatus - no lobes or cartilage. Just 2 holes...

I assume the poor fellow had been born without or had lost his 'tabs'. But it did look incredibly strange. When you are so used to seeing ears, the absence of them is quite shocking! It made his hair look wierd too, there was a gap where his ears should have been but no ears.

Not really that strange I suppose...

bye

Martin

A

Anonymous

It might seem very usual, but I was driving home from a club one night and it was about 3am I went past a clearing in Cannock Chase (Large forested area in the Midlands) and in the clearing was about 20 people looking very normal...ie dress. they all were just sitting there staring at me, I slowed down to have a good look and they just kept staring at me. I had to look away but I looked in my rear view mirror after I passed and the clearing was empty.
Spooked me out a bit.

Also in cannock chase have witnessed a shadowy bigfoot like figure running, (very strange loping movement, but quick.)
And a human shaped figure that moved as though it was a fickbook character...y'no like all the movements were very precise but they didnt marry up totally giving the impression that they were almost robotic dance moves....this one really freaked me out.

A

Anonymous

About three years ago, I was in a little bar in Kodiak, Alaska. When I say little, I'm mean it. The place couldn't have been more than 40'X50'. It was just a little below street level, giving it a "sunken" feeling, so to say.
I had been there for approx. an hour, drinking with my friends, when suddenly i felt a growing sense of dread. Turning around, I could almost feel the dread passing across the wall behind me (on the other side of the wall was the street). I turned to follow it, and as the "feeling" approached the door it began to grow stronger.
The door opened, and in walked a rather dark looking man. He was squat in nature, maybe 5'5, with a long, Rasputin' style beard and equally long, scraggly hair. He was quite weathered looking, but other than that completely normal. As soon as I saw him though, my body physically revolted back, and I felt extreme panic. As he passed behind me I could feel the hair on the back of my neck and arms rising. The closer he came the worse the sensation grew, until I had to excuse myself from my friends and leave.
The worst part was from the time he opened the door his eyes were locked on mine.

A

Anonymous

Well, at the time, there were only about six people in the bar, including myself, my two friends, the bar tender, and a couple. Everyone else just carried on about they're business like nothing happened.

A

Anonymous

When i was very young (around 3 or 4 i think?) i was walking through the local park with my Mother when suddenly i had the feeling that someone was watching us. As i raised my head to see if i could see anyone i noticed a tall, slim figure standing at the top of a steep incline that ran adjacent to the path we had made our way along.
The figure was wearing a white suit and hat and a pair of dark sunglasses, his skin was very pale as was his hair (in hindsight i would describe him as an albino) and he was staring straight at me.
As we stopped for a few moments to figure out who this was, i noticed there was an other figure of the same discription standing in the distance, slightly obscured by a tree, and another at the top of a set of steps in front of us!
These people said nothing but looked straight at me for what seemed to be a few minutes.
After a while we continued walking and by the time we got to the top of the steps the figures had gone?
Strange thing is that although this incident seems more than a little strange now, at the time there was something very reassuring about about these people, almost as if they were just looking out for me!

Although this sounds like a dream, it remains (or feels like) one of my most vivid memories of my youth. My mother however has no recolection of it at all.

For reference, all this took place in London Road Gardens in the centre of Edinburgh if anyone knows it.

Alex

:confused:

A

Anonymous

jonnyboy said:
in the clearing was about 20 people looking very normal...ie dress. they all were just sitting there staring at me,

Also in cannock chase have witnessed a shadowy bigfoot like figure running, (very strange loping movement, but quick.)
Was this about 15 years ago? A girl from Stafford told me of a very similar occurance on the chase. The figure looked human but chased the car until they outpaced it, they had just passed a group of people in a clearing. She thought it was odd, probably just devil worshippers and a demon.

A

Anonymous

the saint !!

Not really first hand.....BUT, I have heard of two accounts, one from a friend, who have seen stick men at night. The person who was of pipe cleaner proportions, and only about 3 ft tall, was standing by a verge at night. Caught in the headlights briefly, the figure was startled and leaped into a hedge. My friend had a female companion with him who was quite affected be this. She will not talk about it till today. Either this is because she does not want to lie....or there IS a population of 'strangers' in our land !!

My god, what a lovely world !