Strange Folk

Bigphoot2

Carbon Based Infestation
Meanwhile in sunny Dundee...a new fashion trend hits the streets
Shock as man takes dog on walk in Dundee with lampshade around head
by Adam Hill
April 17, 2018, 11:02 am
A man was lightheaded after being videoed walking his dog along a busy Dundee street with a lampshade for a hat.

The man, whose identity is unknown, was seen just after 5pm yesterday – sporting the large fixture – walking his pet dog along City Road, in the Pole Park area of the city.

etc
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/...on-walk-in-dundee-with-lampshade-around-head/

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Looks like something trailing behind it, plastic that it was wrapped in, has he nicked it?.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Oooooor, it's a collapsed umbrella, tho I doubt that, oooooor he has bought it and can't be arsed to carry it

Dr_Baltar

Left Foot of God

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Yesterday I sat in my favorite reading spot in a Rotterdam diner when I noticed that another visitor was almost spherical. I had seen him from the front when entering and noticed his size. But later I saw him from the back and was stunned. Most big people are just pear shaped not spherical.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Yesterday I sat in my favorite reading spot in a Rotterdam diner when I noticed that another visitor was almost spherical. I had seen him from the front when entering and noticed his size. But later I saw him from the back and was stunned. Most big people are just pear shaped not spherical.
Mr 5 by 5?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Five_by_Five

skinny

Antediluvian
And inside all of that mass of lardy meat, a skinny man, not trying to get out, but slumbering very snuggly upon the bone structure while the poor skeleton hangs it all up for the world to see.

cycleboy2

Abominable Snowman
A weird little incident yesterday with what I can only call a troll - not in the mythical creature sort of way but a real-life face-to-face bloke attempting to wind me up in the manner of an internet troll. It was odd.

I was riding along the canal towpath when I stopped to take some pictures of a duck and her 10 or so ducklings (awww, so cute!). I was just about to get back on my bike when a passing boater accused me of littering - I was near a large pile of fly-tipped rubbish. Yep, I always carry tons of rubbish in my cycling backpack! I am absolutely fanatical about not littering, pick other people's litter up, tell litterers off (and once had death threats when I threw some litter back into the car from which it came - he was not amused but couldn't bear to leave his car to kill me!!!).

But the more this conversation went on, the more it became clear it was just to wind me up. Odd. It continued an hour later when I was cycling back. I denied littering, he said he couldn't hear me over the sound of his engine, except when I called him a 'worthless waste of humanity', he told me to f*** off and offered to settle it with a fight. I rode off, but it was an unsettling experience. But I think - I hope - I left him more wound up than me. He was the one reduced to swearing and threats of violence.

There was no danger to me. His boat was about five yards from me when the conversation ended and I was always able to ride off.

Some strange folk out there.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
A weird little incident yesterday with what I can only call a troll - not in the mythical creature sort of way but a real-life face-to-face bloke attempting to wind me up in the manner of an internet troll. It was odd.

I was riding along the canal towpath when I stopped to take some pictures of a duck and her 10 or so ducklings (awww, so cute!). I was just about to get back on my bike when a passing boater accused me of littering - I was near a large pile of fly-tipped rubbish. Yep, I always carry tons of rubbish in my cycling backpack! I am absolutely fanatical about not littering, pick other people's litter up, tell litterers off (and once had death threats when I threw some litter back into the car from which it came - he was not amused but couldn't bear to leave his car to kill me!!!).

But the more this conversation went on, the more it became clear it was just to wind me up. Odd. It continued an hour later when I was cycling back. I denied littering, he said he couldn't hear me over the sound of his engine, except when I called him a 'worthless waste of humanity', he told me to f*** off and offered to settle it with a fight. I rode off, but it was an unsettling experience. But I think - I hope - I left him more wound up than me. He was the one reduced to swearing and threats of violence.

There was no danger to me. His boat was about five yards from me when the conversation ended and I was always able to ride off.

.[/QUOT]

Did
y.
you catch the name of the boat?

I wouldn't bother yourself about this is any way shape or form.

Pissed up boaters are no different from anyone other drunk arses and you don't know how far they'll go.

As if you are going to do anything with some drunk idiot on a boat ffs.

good call by you. Sad for the boat I'd say

Tribble

Furry Idiot

Maybe he left the rubbish there and is doing the usual "Blame someone else" trick.

I think this belongs here, Hermit type thief living in woods in a camouflaged hideout.

A former British soldier suspected of a series of burglaries in central France has been caught after spending five months on the run.

The man, 51, was discovered after police and locals combed through the woods near Surin village.

Police found more than 200 objects in his secret hideout, including mobile phones, jewels and cooking equipment.

The suspect had been using his army training and survival skills to live the camouflaged shelter, police say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44230935

gattino

Justified & Ancient
My Facebook "on this day" reminder yesterday displayed a post of mine from 8 years ago. I'm glad it did. I'll not go on memory but just quote my own on the day report:

"We met the most remarkable woman today, on the way to the funeral. Remarkable that is by her own account...which was long and full of casual praise for her own vast achievements and triumphant misfortunes. One eyed and frazzle haired she talked exactly like Kitty from Victoria Wood. Wish I'd had a tape recorder. And a kosh."

And

" Her funniest boast was having one leg shorter than the other, but going out dancing in spite of it... "I learned to dance on roller skates"....

She advised small business, won the hearts of young families, had just built her own stairwell (!), had a higher mathematical qualification than Carol Vorderman, had been shot at by the IRA...amongst others...and couldn;t go to new zealand cos you can;t get the ketamine out there. She was one of 15,000 women on the wirral with heamophilia, all first borns to men who'd worked with radiation, and they were on the phone to each other as soon as they spotted a product with vitamin K in it. She quoted the praise she recieved from strangers, freely, "he said to me, you talk a lot of sense you do"...and had been called unique, odd, one of a kind, strange, a bit peculiar and a national treasure. She also had a good heart. She informed us."

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My Facebook "on this day" reminder yesterday displayed a post of mine from 8 years ago. I'm glad it did. I'll not go on memory but just quote my own on the day report:

"We met the most remarkable woman today, on the way to the funeral. Remarkable that is by her own account...which was long and full of casual praise for her own vast achievements and triumphant misfortunes. One eyed and frazzle haired she talked exactly like Kitty from Victoria Wood. Wish I'd had a tape recorder. And a kosh."

And

" Her funniest boast was having one leg shorter than the other, but going out dancing in spite of it... "I learned to dance on roller skates"....

She advised small business, won the hearts of young families, had just built her own stairwell (!), had a higher mathematical qualification than Carol Vorderman, had been shot at by the IRA...amongst others...and couldn;t go to new zealand cos you can;t get the ketamine out there. She was one of 15,000 women on the wirral with heamophilia, all first borns to men who'd worked with radiation, and they were on the phone to each other as soon as they spotted a product with vitamin K in it. She quoted the praise she recieved from strangers, freely, "he said to me, you talk a lot of sense you do"...and had been called unique, odd, one of a kind, strange, a bit peculiar and a national treasure. She also had a good heart. She informed us."
I know somebody like that. Generally, I keep out of range.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers

I went on a canal barge weekend with my family ages ago (Alrewas, Staffordshire), my niece was about 1 year old (she's about 20 now) and I was holding her ... there was a seriously weird bloke trying to encourage me to jump from the canal side onto the roof of the boat and, obviously, I didn't .... nobody in their right mind would jump onto a boat holding a baby if they didn't absolutely have to as an absolute last resort .. he just sort of looked at me and grinned when I didn't .. he still creeps me out now thinking about it ..

Strange folk indeed. Or could it be true...

A couple who made unfounded claims the Taoiseach and other senior Irish officials were trying to murder them are to have a £1.6m (€1.8m) lawsuit struck out, the High Court in Belfast has ruled.

Zeus Mitchell and her husband Daniel Osula arrived in Northern Ireland alleging Leo Varadkar, the Director of Public Prosecutions, the Chief State Solicitor and judges in Dublin wanted them killed to conceal “a very serious crime”.

They sued a Northern Ireland Housing Executive representative and a service within a Health and Social Care Trust over how their baseless claims were dealt with.

But Master Bell, sitting at the High Court, granted applications by both defendants to have the actions against them dismissed for being frivolous and hopeless.

A new judgment sets out how Ms Mitchell and a son declared themselves homeless to the Northern Ireland Housing Executive in February 2017.

She claimed Leo Varadkar had instructed other Government officials to murder her family in the Republic of Ireland, Master Bell noted.

Within a few days, temporary accommodation had been allocated to Ms Mitchell and her children. ...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...o-kill-them-thrown-out-of-court-37086286.html

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Yes, I've read a bit about them over the years. They've appeared in the French press from time to time, notably in Paris Match and Point de vue. The latter used to be a publication focused on European royals and aristocrats and their families' involvement in European history. Over the past fifteen years or so it has turned into yet another celebrity mag.

I'd never heard the bit about the Rothschilds or the conversations with aliens but it's YouTube so caveat lector. Or perhaps I should say caveat auditor.

Min Bannister

Justified & Ancient
I was on the bus yesterday on the way home from work. I was one seat back from the front on the top deck and there was a woman sat in front of me. A man got on and sat next to this woman. He immediately manspread in ostentatious fashion by putting his feet wide apart on the ledge at the front of the bus. He was carrying a football which he put on the the ledge and immediately had trouble keeping in position as the bus moved. That didn't stop him from taking out three more much smaller balls from his bag and arraying them on the ledge also. Every time the bus stopped or started, the predictable effect occurred and these balls rolled and bounced around all over the place. Eventually he picked up the smaller ones and just held them. With his other hand he took out a gas hob lighter and began clicking it, apparently at people in front of the bus and particularly at a polis car. It was more or less at this point that the poor woman he was sitting next to gave in and came out and sat next to me. Hopefully I was a much better neighbour..

Cocaine epidemic you say?:rolleyes:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
He's mentioned a few times on this board, but he doesn't have his own thread, so I'll point out here that in the letters page of FT 370 someone has written in to say F. Gwynplaine MacIntyre might not be dead after all, despite his charred corpse being found in his burnt out apartment a few years back. Apparently someone has been sending letters from Ayer's Rock claiming to be from him. Hoaxer?

Oh, and there's a photo of him in an episode of The Prisoner too. Or someone who may be him. It's pretty murky.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
I was on the bus yesterday on the way home from work. I was one seat back from the front on the top deck and there was a woman sat in front of me. A man got on and sat next to this woman. He immediately manspread in ostentatious fashion by putting his feet wide apart on the ledge at the front of the bus. He was carrying a football which he put on the the ledge and immediately had trouble keeping in position as the bus moved. That didn't stop him from taking out three more much smaller balls from his bag and arraying them on the ledge also. Every time the bus stopped or started, the predictable effect occurred and these balls rolled and bounced around all over the place. Eventually he picked up the smaller ones and just held them. With his other hand he took out a gas hob lighter and began clicking it, apparently at people in front of the bus and particularly at a polis car. It was more or less at this point that the poor woman he was sitting next to gave in and came out and sat next to me. Hopefully I was a much better neighbour..

Cocaine epidemic you say?:rolleyes:

No, just a radge bampot.