• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Folk (Not Obviously Human!)

lucydru

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Has anyone incountered or heard of a incounter with any strange folk (anyone not classed as a typical human)?

lucydru

Do you mean psychopats, or having a drink with the Devil like mentioned elsewhere?

More your drinking with the devil kind of thing.

lucydru

My niece swears that one night when returnig home from a night out with the girls, she saw a man walking toward her who had no face, no features whatsoever, she says she ran all the way home and had trouble sleeping...Personaly I think it was Jack Daniels.:madeyes:

p.younger said:
My niece swears that one night when returnig home from a night out with the girls, she saw a man walking toward her who had no face, no features whatsoever, she says she ran all the way home and had trouble sleeping...Personaly I think it was Jack Daniels.:madeyes:

LoL - But how did she know it was a man if it had no features ?

Myke said:
LoL - But how did she know it was a man if it had no features ?
Presumably trousers a woman wouldn't be seen dead in.:blah:

I remember about 8 years ago before I started to drive (when my Mum always used to drive me everywhere - aaaw don't you just love mums? :D), we were travelling to town when on the left hand side of the road, up a slight slope my mum gasped and told me to look up on the left.

She slammed on the brakes and we both saw about 12 small people (approx 4ft tall) dressed in green, with tiny little helmets on, carrying miniature guns running along the side of the road :eek!!!!:

We looked around as a car overtook us, blaring its horn, when we turned back we couldnt see anything; we were like WTF?! - a highly unusual experience, but at least is classified as a strange encounter. Maybe they were real people and we just must have been confused as to distance/whatever...

Either that or the leprechauns are getting ready to invade :madeyes:

Once while driving down the street here in Austin, TX, I passed a Short Stop (burger joint), and in the parking lot in broad daylight there were 10-12 "little people" assuming 'the position' around a car, no cops in sight. I couldn't tell if they were children, or dwarves, or what. We circled back around a few minutes later and the car and the people were all gone.

What did i tell you?? Aargh the leprechauns !!!

But, erm, protochicken, I must ask what "assuming 'the position' around a car" means :D ooh err missus :eek!!!!:

My grandfather tells me that one of my older relatives (one of his grandparents I think) usd to walk through the woods to school as a little girl, and that she had a spirit guide. A nice lady who didn't sink through the snow guided her to school and home every day, and no one else saw her but the little girl. He says the ability to see these types of things runs in our family.

Unfortunately, I think this is just a good story, since I've heard other people claim the same thing about their long dead relatives (spirit guides in the old country) but who knows? Maybe it really did happen.

'Assume the position' means to put your hands against the wall and spread your legs, so the cops can frisk you.

Little people seem to have a thing about cars.

One of the weirdest of all tales is from Wollaton Park,
Nottingham in September 1979 when four children claimed to have
seen about sixty little people riding around in little red and white
cars.

"They had greenish faces with crinkles in them and long white
beards with a bit of red on the end . . ."

The source is the Modern Mysteries of Britain by the Bords, where
a photograph is included. Sadly not of the goblins but the kiddies
telling their tales to their headmaster. They all have bad hair.

The kids were aged between eight and ten. A few years later and
they'd probably have been screaming satanic abuse. But in 1979
it was Noddy and Bigears stuff. Mind you, I've heard a thing or
two about that funny little menage . . .:rolleyes:

For more on the Wollaton gnomes see:
Gnomes In Little Red Cars? (Wollaton Park Gnomes; 1979)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...tle-red-cars-wollaton-park-gnomes-1979.51979/

Last edited by a moderator:
"Black Shadows"

One of my mates told me that when he was a kid, he was playing in some woods near where he lived in Doncaster, when they all became aware of two strange figures standing close by. He says that they were man-sized and shaped, but totally black, with no features visible, and looked strangely 2-D, like they were cutouts. They made a move towards the group of children, who fled.

ISTR a similar sounding UFO entity that was encountered by some children, but my mate hasn't got any interest in the paranormal at all. When he was telling me this, he got progressively agitated and frightened, which spooked me quite a bit as well:eek:

It was quite scary to hear him suddenly come out with this, as he's usually such an uncomplicated, straightforward sort of bloke. When I saw the post on Shadow People, I thought I might find some explaination, but I don't think there's a connection, and all the children present apparently saw them...

my brother in law once told me a story his dad told him..aparently when he was out playing as a boy some time before the war he saw a grey figure sat on a branch of a tree. he described this figure as a demon or devil and he said it was watching him grinning. anyway the poor lad was so frightend he c**p**d him self running home.

he also said he wasnt the kind of chap to make up stories, especially ones like that

A couple of months ago I was at the supermarket buying some citrus. I was making sure to squeeze them to see if they were good or not when i my eyes came in contact with a another mans eyes across the table. This dude had no nose or any holes for nose. Weird things normally don't happen to me so i just stood there with my mouth wide open staring at this poor noseless fellow. He of course is staring back (probably not used to my particular brand of idiocy) After a minute or so i snapped back into reality and dropped all my oranges.

now this is the weird part.

i bent down to pic up my citrus but when i stood back up HE WAS GONE!!!

he moved down to get some carrots.

thats when the little green devil man came out of nowhere and kicked me in groin

true story

In cannock chase have witnessed a shadowy bigfoot like figure running, (very strange loping movement, but quick.)
And a human shaped figure that moved as though it was a fickbook character...y'no like all the movements were very precise but they didnt marry up totally giving the impression that they were almost robotic dance moves....this one really freaked me out.

jonnyboy said:
Also in cannock chase have witnessed a shadowy bigfoot like figure running, (very strange loping movement, but quick.)

Was this about 15 years ago? A girl from Stafford told me of a very similar occurance on the chase. The figure looked human but chased the car until they outpaced it, they had just passed a group of people in a clearing. She thought it was odd, probably just devil worshippers and a demon.

the saint !!

Not really first hand.....BUT, I have heard of two accounts, one from a friend, who have seen stick men at night. The person who was of pipe cleaner proportions, and only about 3 ft tall, was standing by a verge at night. Caught in the headlights briefly, the figure was startled and leaped into a hedge. My friend had a female companion with him who was quite affected be this. She will not talk about it till today. Either this is because she does not want to lie....or there IS a population of 'strangers' in our land !!

My god, what a lovely world !

You know...

You know...all this sounds familiar...I mean, these creatures that everyone is describing, we've all seen different things at different times...but they all share something in common: FACT!

These things are real...so what are they?

About 20 years ago I was in Middlesbrough and saw a small girl (about 8 years old) who had no eyes, where there should have been eyes, or even a suggestion of eyelids, there was nothing. Apart from that the poor kid looked normal, but it gave me a shock at the time. It's awful when you see something like that, you try not to stare, but can't help it.

Of course, the creatures described by others in this thread are perfectly stare-worthy . . . that pipe-cleaner man has given me the creeps!:eek!!!!:
Carole

carole said:
About 20 years ago I was in Middlesbrough and saw a small girl (about 8 years old) who had no eyes, where there should have been eyes, or even a suggestion of eyelids, there was nothing. Apart from that the poor kid looked normal, but it gave me a shock at the time. It's awful when you see something like that, you try not to stare, but can't help it.

Of course, the creatures described by others in this thread are perfectly stare-worthy . . . that pipe-cleaner man has given me the creeps!:eek!!!!:
Carole

With more widely available medical treatments, abortion, and the disappearance of the Victorian Freak Shows, we are generally less prepared today when we meet people with severe or startling disfigurements. It's unfortunate.
At the same time, we're strangely better prepared for encounters with Fortean figures, a few of which have seemingly been shrugged off with ease.

As for 2-ft tall pipe-cleaner men, how formidable and scary can they be?

The question I find myself asking is do these 'strangers' have a physical existance in our dimension? Are they from somewhere outside? Or are they from inside of us?

Perhaps we need wee folk, weird folk and strangers.

Cujo

Good question Cujo...I'd like that answering as well...

Don't want to find out...

. . . that pipe-cleaner man has given me the creeps!

Yep, I have the same hair raising thing going on on the back of my neck when I read about them...especially because it is at night, the fave time for all those...things to come crawling out of the woodwork...

Hermes said:

Formidable, no, but scary, yes, because seeing something like that would be so totally unexpected . . .

Black shadowy thing

I do also remember a couple of guys I knew were smoking weed one day (yeah, yeah), when one felt a sudden feeling of dread, and was compelled to look out of the window. His mate noticed his friend's look of terror, and too looked out of the window. They both saw a "black shape" hovering in the tree outside, which one of them described as the most evil thing he'd ever seen, calling it "the Grim Reaper". it then swooped out of view, and left them petrified. Apart from occasional use of narcotics, they were otherwise rational people, and the guy who related it to me wasn't known to lie. He swears it wasn't the weed, but I seem to remember he stopped after that! Prolly paranoia, but oddly in line with some of the other things here.

Probably they're asking the same thing about us!

-Oracle- said:
What are all these strange entities doing here anyway?:confused:

I like that line in the film Men In Black (re: aliens on Earth):

K: Well, mostly they're like you and me - just trying to make a living.
J: Taxi drivers?
K: Not as many as you'd think.

Has anyone thought of actually asking them what they're doing here? If not, why not - too afraid to talk to them? Or - most likely - do we not like to take the risk of receiving an equally quizzical look by the bizarre-looking but otherwise perfectly normal human being, who will afterward be asking him/herself whether they had just met one of the Strange Folk?

PS rynner's post landed before this one. Same point, I see.

stick men? STICK MEN!! Ever since I've read, in an FT editorial, about one running out in front of a car at night I've been fascinated. Internet searches yielded nought. And now to hear more!! What a fantastic site this is.

hospitaller said:
stick men? STICK MEN!! Ever since I've read, in an FT editorial, about one running out in front of a car at night I've been fascinated. Internet searches yielded nought. And now to hear more!! What a fantastic site this is.

Sounds interesting. Can you give any more details - issue no, year, anything?

Back