• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange inscriptions on eggs

Dickydevo

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Does any one know of any examples of strange inscriptions on birds eggs?

Do you mean as a deliberately-created art form, using empty egg shells, or spontaneously and unexpectedly?

Or something else?

A strange and haunting use of eggs is the registration of a circus clown's facial makeup, effectively registering their characteristic 'signature face' as a miniature shaped portrait. This was made reference to at the original Charlie Cairoli memorial area within the lower galleries of the old pre-Merlin Blackpool Tower, and the Clown Face Signature Register itself may be in London
http://www.futilitycloset.com/2014/05/09/the-clown-egg-register/

There is an account of 'The Comet Egg of Rome', which in 1680 apparently showed an image of ....a comet, which was visible at the time, but it wasn't clear whether the image was on the shell or inside the egg.

Yellowhammers have strange markings on their eggs which I am sure could randomly be interpreted in all sorts of ways.

Kuckuck-Goldammer-4.jpg

Congratulations... Your boiler looks good for another year! Although I would avoid parsnips between the 13th to the 23rd of May if I were you.

jimv1 (Egg reader)

If any others out there are worried about strange eggs, I'd be happy to interpret them for you.

Do you mean as a deliberately-created art form, using empty egg shells, or spontaneously and unexpectedly?

Or something else?

A strange and haunting use of eggs is the registration of a circus clown's facial makeup, effectively registering their characteristic 'signature face' as a miniature shaped portrait. This was made reference to at the original Charlie Cairoli memorial area within the lower galleries of the old pre-Merlin Blackpool Tower, and the Clown Face Signature Register itself may be in London
http://www.futilitycloset.com/2014/05/09/the-clown-egg-register/
I meant spontaneously and unexpectedly

There is an account of 'The Comet Egg of Rome', which in 1680 apparently showed an image of ....a comet, which was visible at the time, but it wasn't clear whether the image was on the shell or inside the egg.

Yellowhammers have strange markings on their eggs which I am sure could randomly be interpreted in all sorts of ways.

Kuckuck-Goldammer-4.jpg
Thanks

Back