• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Old Books

A

Anonymous

Hi, I'm new here.

When I was young and in first (second? third?) grade, my class always had "library day." The class would go to the library, pick out a book or two, and take them back to the classroom to read. I would always pick from a collection of always thin, always gray hardcover books. They all had the same theme of bizzare phenomenon, paranormal occurances, and the like. (One of the things that stuck with the most was one of the books' chapter on SHC.) These books influenced me greatly in that today I have profound interest in spirits, UFOs, etc.

The strange thing is that I can't find these books anywhere. I remember the author's name. Stewart Kalen. I've done Internet searches and everything -- they seem to not exist. Perhaps over the years my mind has distorted the author's name. I can't say, exactly.

I'd greatly appreciate any information about these books.

I don't know if this is any help, but there's an author called Stuart A. Kallen who's written a lot of stuff, largely for children, including things like 'World of the Bizarre', 'Witches' and 'Ghosts of the Seven Seas'.

ABE Books has a good search engine which draws on a
massive database. It is not indexed by other search engines:

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/BookSearch

A quick search on Stuart A. Kallen produced 34 books for sale
world-wide, including the Ghastly Ghost Series for ABDO Books,
described as Juvenile Non-Fiction. :)

Back