• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Things As Food & Drink

No, I remember checking up and AFAIK it's genuine.

See I don't want to believe it...that's gross...mainly because of this -

If a man had his foot amputated, you wouldn't want to eat it, because there'd be a reason for the amputation (infection, frostbite, gangrene).

They don't tend to chop off nice healthy bits.

See I don't want to believe it...that's gross...mainly because of this -

They don't tend to chop off nice healthy bits.
It was amputated after a motorbike accident. Everyone invited knew what was going on.

Have to say, men have other much nicer healthy bits to, er, eat.

My dad once ate fried bumblebee's when he was on a business trip in Japan.

He ate them to be polite but I don't think he was particularly enamoured with them!

Rings a bell. Is this quite an old story? Or has more than one person done it?

Have to say, my dear late dogs would've polished off that foot a treat.
I'd've boiled it up and lobbed it in their bowls and there'd've been much gladsome crunching and slurping.
Yeah but dogs will eat anything meaty - they're not fussy about the origin..

My dad once ate fried bumblebee's when he was on a business trip in Japan.

He ate them to be polite but I don't think he was particularly enamoured with them!
Like my brother at a colleague's home in deepest Staffordshire, offered the local delicacy of Chicks and Chips.
The chicks were like battered deep-fried chipolatas with an elusive, half-familiar aftertaste...

Bro asked and was told: chicks are pig intestine. :freak:

The one he was swallowing shot back up and it took him 50 attempts to get it back down. :rollingw:

Like my brother at a colleague's home in deepest Staffordshire, offered the local delicacy of Chicks and Chips.
The chicks were like battered deep-fried chipolatas with an elusive, half-familiar aftertaste...

The one he was swallowing shot back up and it took him 50 attempts to get it back down. :rollingw:
They sounded fairly tasty (battered chick) til I read the end and I don't blame him!

I mean, I love haggis as I grew up eating it and that has lots of "bits" in it but pig intestine sounds grim!!

Do you mean he puked it back up and then ate it again? .. I saw someone I knew do something similar to that at an outdoor rave once. He'd necked a load of E's, puked them up, picked them out of the puke, washed them with his bottle of water and them necked them again. I'd be surprised if he's alive these days.

Do you mean he puked it back up and then ate it again? .. I saw someone I knew do something similar to that at an outdoor rave once. He'd necked a load of E's, puked them up, picked them out of the puke, washed them with his bottle of water and them necked them again. I'd be surprised if he's alive these days.
Nothing so spectacular. It was a private though titanic struggle between one man and his gag reflex. Like his stomach playing keepie-uppie.

He's probably your MP.

They sounded fairly tasty (battered chick) til I read the end and I don't blame him!

I mean, I love haggis as I grew up eating it and that has lots of "bits" in it but pig intestine sounds grim!!
Pig intestines (chitterlings) are eaten in many places around the world - and let's not forget that "natural" sausage casings are made from intestines. In the US, where they are usually called "chitlins", they are strongly associated with the South and with "soul food", the African-American cuisine that became popular in the 1960s and 1970s. In fact the word chitlin was so linked to African-American culture that the performance venues throughout the states that featured Black artists performing for Black audiences became known collectively as the Chitlin' Circuit.

Pig intestines (chitterlings) are eaten in many places around the world - and let's not forget that "natural" sausage casings are made from intestines. In the US, where they are usually called "chitlins", they are strongly associated with the South and with "soul food", the African-American cuisine that became popular in the 1960s and 1970s. In fact the word chitlin was so linked to African-American culture that the performance venues throughout the states that featured Black artists performing for Black audiences became known collectively as the Chitlin' Circuit.
Yup, I'd heard of 'chitterlings' but didn't know what they were.

Perhaps it's abbreviated here and Bro misheard 'chits' for 'chicks'?

He'd enjoyed them until he heard what they were! :rollingw:

Butchers tried to get me to buy chitlins, once, not for me.

Salty and chewy.

They have so many nicer things...some even containing pigs intestines...

Anyone fancy a Hot Dong?

hotdongs.jpg

Is

Is that genuine hot sauce??
Good question. The white text is clearer than the red text. I'll see if it has been manipulated.

Edit:
Haven't been able to find another version of it, so it is possible it's real. Many of these hot sauces have cartoonish labels and warnings on them.

Last edited:
Lord Lucan,

By your picture non special generic hot dog buns in the U.S. are lighter buns 8 to the pack.

Just guessing at your picture, yours would be called hoagie rolls in the U.S., heavier and bigger.

Good question. The white text is clearer than the red text. I'll see if it has been manipulated.
It would be awesome if it was because a friend of mine loves hot sauce!! So it would be perfect for him! Lol!

Back