• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

Ms P attended a wedding last year at a converted farm venue. Had some animals for the kids to stroke one of which was a llama. The bride was terrified of it but the animal appeared to love the groom and would not be separated from him. Consequently many of the photos included the llama resting it's head on the groom's shoulder and peering at the cameras. They can be lovely affectionate creatures.

This a link to an advert for the Fiat Strada from 1979, showing the cars being assembled by robots. It gave me the creeps at the time, particularly the spray painting robot. Even now I don't like it, although I now see it as part of dystopian world yet to come.

Why let the kid stare eyeball to eyeball at the Llama. Surely it's perceived as aggression to many mammals.
Funny that the parent (presumably) just kept on filming until the inevitable happened. They were probably thinking 'how long do I have to wait for that llama to spit in my kid's face?'

it was the mean chuckle just after the spit that got to me :(
I have to admit that I would have laughed. It is kind of like when something unexpected happens to someone else like hitting a thumb with a hammer, I tend to laugh and then ask if they are ok. I just can’t stop myself.

Though, I would have noticed that the llama had put its ears back - a definite sign of irritation - and would have warned the kid to stand further back. He had questions and unfortunately neither parent knew the answers. He asked what was the llama doing (ruminating) and mom said she didn’t know. He was curious.

Last edited:
He had questions and unfortunately neither parent knew the answers. He asked what was the llama doing (ruminating) and mom said she didn’t know. He was curious.
I'm not sure we can be certain that these are the boys parents. I don't hear them called mum or dad at any point.
It seems more like the actions of "your Uncle Dave" who was always known for being a bit spiteful.

My Uncle Dave was called Dave.
And so was his wife.
1673181788649.jpeg

Back