• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strangeness Involving Chess & Chess Players

Spain seems an odd place to go.

They are well known for their Islamophobia; so much that allegedly nothing happened in Spanish history from about AD 700 to AD 1492.

I think there are more complexities to this story than meets the eye.

They are well known for their Islamophobia; so much that allegedly nothing happened in Spanish history from about AD 700 to AD 1492.

I'm sure it's there but students I've had go there haven't had any problems.

Treating the other players as pawns.

It was a bold gambit by the 25-year-old Kenyan chess player to disguise himself as a woman to compete in his country's female open chess tournament.

Dressed head to toe in a burka and wearing spectacles, Stanley Omondi had registered himself as Millicent Awour. But Omondi's daring move was exposed as the organisers got suspicious by the unknown player's success.

In his defence, he later wrote in an apologetic letter seen by the BBC that he had "financial needs". He also said that he was "ready to accept all consequences". Omondi did not respond to the BBC's request for comment.

Chess Kenya president Bernard Wanjala said that while he was likely to get a ban of "several years", he would not be excluded from chess for ever.

"We didn't have any suspicion at first, because wearing a hijab is normal," Wanjala told BBC Sport Africa. "But along the way, we noticed he won against very strong players... and it will be unlikely to have a new person who has never played a tournament [being very strong]."

His footwear and the fact that Omondi did not speak added to concerns.

"One of the red flags we also noticed [was] the shoes, he was wearing more masculine shoes, than feminine," Wanjala said. ...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/65280560

Chess World's 'Anal Bead' Cheating Saga Quietly Comes To An End
Champion Magnus Carlsen and grandmaster Hans Niemann reached a settlement
Chess.com and Carlsen reached a settlement with Niemann, who had sued them and Twitch streamer Hikaru Nakamura for $100 million over what he alleged was a “civil conspiracy” to defame him. “We are pleased to report that we have reached an agreement with Hans Niemann to put our differences behind us and move forward together without further litigation,” Chess.com wrote in an update on August 28. As a result, Niemann will once again be allowed to compete on the online chess platform, and Carlsen has agreed to play him in the future should they meet in a tournament.
“I acknowledge and understand Chess.com’s report, including its statement that there is no determinative evidence that Niemann cheated in his game against me at the Sinquefield Cup,” Carlsen said in a statement. “I am willing to play Niemann in future events, should we be paired together.”
https://kotaku.com/chess-com-magnus-carlsen-hans-niemann-cheating-lawsuit-1850783459

https://kotaku.com/chess-com-magnus-carlsen-hans-niemann-cheating-lawsuit-1850783459
What I wonder about is what made the first person to claim he was cheating by using anal beads come up with that theory. To me it seems all so random. Sort of along the lines of 'I think he's cheating. The only answer is anal beads'.

Piers Morgan interviews the grandmaster but was Niemann talking out of his arse?

An American grandmaster who was part of a row which rattled the world of chess has denied using a vibrating sex toy to cheat.

In September 2022 Hans Niemann sat down to play Norwegian grandmaster Magnus Carlsen in chess's Sinquefield Cup St Louis, Missouri.
Niemann won, but was accused by Carlsen of cheating - a claim which sparked a huge legal row between the pair. The pair settled a $100m (£79m) lawsuit last month.

On Monday evening, Niemann spoke to Piers Morgan Uncensored about the scrutiny he has faced since being accused of cheating.

"It is very disheartening to be accused of cheating after that victory," he said. "These things happen and I managed to learn a lot during that time and it really has taught me a lot of very important lessons about life and chess."

Niemann told Morgan he believed the last year has "strengthened his resolve" as he insisted to the host he did not cheat. Morgan continued talking about claims that Niemann was getting signals from someone through the remote-controlled sex toy.

"To be clear, on the specific allegation - have you ever used anal beads while playing chess?" Morgan asked.

The 20-year-old replied: "Well, your curiosity is a bit concerning, you know - maybe you're personally interested, but I can tell you, no.
"Categorically, no, of course not."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66921563

Anal beads and shitting in the bath. I wonder what his next trick is? This man is going to go down in history.

He has already proved he wants to win more than me by shoving a radio up is arse
:omr:

Back