• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Stranger At The Pentagon (Valiant Thor; Frank Stranges)

I have a photo of Val Thor somewhere - he's so alien he looks exactly like any other bloke from 1950s America, even down to the quiff...

Yes, Me too

Its in an old digest type magazine from the 60's called BEYOND..he looks like a normal averarge "Joe" . Kind of looked like Pat Boone , the american singer or somewhat if I remember without sorting threw my library of strange (tons of stuff). The photo was him addressing a group of people..anyway I haven't heard this saga come up in ages , thought it was dead ..but, its going around again!

Val Thor??? Somebody please lend me a shovel; it's getting really deep in here!

Some Photos of Val Thor and other alien dignitaries courtesy of the Ashtar Galactic Command.
Link is dead. No archived version found.

Apparently "Thor's crew conducts Bible classes on board their parked space craft". However, if you're thinking of signing up for Valiant Thor's Sunday school, you are warned that his flying saucer "is invisible unless you need to see it for some reason".

(And someone really should inform the Ashtar Galactic Command that blue text on a blue background isn't the best of ideas)

Last edited by a moderator:
JerryB said:
I have a photo of Val Thor somewhere - he's so alien he looks exactly like any other bloke from 1950s America, even down to the quiff...

Aliens have Quiffs? When did that start!
Fancy that commander Jill though... :)

Holy F*@k...living proof that Elvis came from a race of aliens! (LOL)

Hey tha blonde girl is has got to be a mega babe from outer space...man she looks hot!

Joking aside...just supposing...they are aliens and all this BS from the 'Loopy Nuts Brigade' is useful dis info to hide the truth because it seems boring in comparison to the colourful dis-information????????!!!!!!!

Watch the skies!

Hey, what do you do if you see a space man??????

You park in it man!!!!!!!!!!:p

The guy in the foreground looks like a young George W to me, now I'm really worried...

Classic Contactee Stuff

Those intrigued by the Ashtar Galactic Command's recommendation of the book "UFO CONTACT FROM PLANET KOLDAS" may read it online here:

UFO Contact from Planet Koldas

It concerns the Adventures of Commander Wy-Ora and his trusty young cadet Valdar, who had come "to do his two-year training period on Earth" which apparently involved working in a radio factory, going fishing. and sunbathing on the beach.

Those of you excited by the photo of Commander Jill may enjoy this description of the women of Planet Koldas

"The women are remarkable for their long curved eyelashes and well-developed figures which are accentuated by the attractive clothing they wear. A popular garment, low-cut both front and back, has thin straps over each shoulder, crossing at the back. It reaches down to the ankles and is studded with gem-stones on the bodice. Elbow-length gloves and elegant footwear, also studded with gems are worn with this close-fitting garment.There are a variety of styles and colorful fabrics, and these change with the fashions."

Also of nostalgic interest may be this
Daily Mail Flying Saucer Article from 1954.
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040904220850/http://www.goddardmultimedia.fsnet.co.uk/atpai/agnes.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Valiant Thor is also mentioned (along with a photograph) in Janet and Colin Bords book 'Life Beyond Planet Earth'.

Allegedly he landed at Alexandria in Virginia with over seventy fellow Venusians.

Wonder what he's doing now?

Cavynaut said:
Wonder what he's doing now?

Well given the greehhouse effect on Venus he should be campaigning to stop global warming here...

I believe he lived inside Venus rather than on it. So he's probably dug himself out a cozy little underground hideaway somewhere.

(Bell: Do you believe the man you met in the Pentagon...
Stranges: I believe every word he says...
Bell: Excuse me... excuse me... you do?
Stranges: Yes.
Bell: And you believe he came from... was it Venus?
Stranges: Yes.
Bell: Interior of Venus?
Stranges: Interior. Correct.

Quoted from http://www.burlingtonnews.net/thor.html)

Last I heard, Val Thor was pushing 'scripts in L A. A musical-comedy rewrite of Beowulf...:rolleyes:

the orginal cast of the 3rd rock from the sun maybe? :D

Don't you believe it mates....He's running the US for a second term!

Has anyone read the article in the latest FT about the Venus bloke giving a bird from Brummie a baby son? What do you think? Is there another link on it? (Forgive me if there is). My opinion? Lol! Well, for those of you who are familiar with me, I don't have to say! hehee! Funny though how her description of him, *And all the other cases* feature their contemporary fashions and trends. (He was wearing a sort of glass dome over his head and was wearing a silver uniform....or something to that)...Typical 50s Sci-Fi stereotype. Also, I laughed at the "...Hammer and scycle bearing country are developing a[gun that's like a deathray] cannon that kills without shells" or something. Stereotype cold war Yank paranoia.
Don't even talk to me about Adamski and those photos! lol

End of opine....
Additional
Bell: I had an FBI analyst on, actually somebody who does contract work for the FBI, who verified with some of the actual imagery that he tested that it had to be exposed between 1945 uh... 1947 and 1949.
Where does Art think he is? A nursery? lol!Lying B@*"ard!

So there I was,standing in the local chinese take away waiting for my fried rice and yum yum pork balls when this blinding ray of golden light came down through the ceiling and a gigantic fridge/freezer appeared!

"WTF!" I exclaimed,when a hot babe from venus appeared and said'

"Are you Duke Nukem?"

No?!

I answered.

Didn't make any difference because the next thing I knew I was on Venus and Abbott and Costello were running around...

Listen if the Ashtar Command can lie so can I (big time!)

The story of Valiant Thor is primarily known by connection with two people - Howard Menger of High Bridge, New Jersey, and evangelist Frank Stranges (author of Stranger at the Pentagon). It's not clear which of these two popularizers of the Val Thor story is supposed to have met Thor first.

FWIW this Weird N.J. article provides a summary of the Val Thor phenomenon with regard to Menger:

Aliens Came in Peace to High Bridge, NJ
https://weirdnj.com/stories/unexplained-phenomena/howard-menger-high-bridge/

The Stranges version of the storyline has Stranges meeting Val Thor circa 1957 and having multiple visits from him for varying numbers of years thereafter (depending on how Stranges related things at one or another time). Stranges' own account(s) of the Val Thor story are sometimes augmented with claims from others, as illustrated here:

The Strange Story of the Alien Named “Valiant Thor”
https://medium.com/@monadmantis/the-strange-story-of-the-alien-named-valiant-thor-d02391ab5062

Even though this article addresses Stranges from a skeptic's perspective it provides the single most substantive and detailed review of Stranges and his activities I've yet found. It also includes references for further reading.

Valiant Thor: Your Friendly Pentagon Alien
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4675

Last edited:
Did no-one find about him as he looked like some College Footballer type ?

By accident I saw a old repeat of the History Channel’s Ancient Aliens and this was about Valiant Thor.

I personally did not know about Thor until this program.

So, he came from Venus representing the galaxy interplanetary society and President Eisenhower welcomed him with open arms.

But, the world leaders did not have a big meeting with him, and after three years Thor went home.

I try to have an open mind about all, but this is garbage even though there is a picture of him.

His picture looks like he walked off a college campus looking for a date with a girl.

I agree with H.G.Wells’ War of the Worlds, God’s smallest creation of earthly pathogens to which the invading Martians had no immunity doomed their existence.

Any humanoid that sets foot until our world is doomed because of infection.

Valiant Thor should have died immediately stepping foot upon our planet !

Venusian medical technology protected him... maybe?

By accident I saw a old repeat of the History Channel’s Ancient Aliens and this was about Valiant Thor.

I personally did not know about Thor until this program.

So, he came from Venus representing the galaxy interplanetary society and President Eisenhower welcomed him with open arms.

But, the world leaders did not have a big meeting with him, and after three years Thor went home.

I try to have an open mind about all, but this is garbage even though there is a picture of him.

His picture looks like he walked off a college campus looking for a date with a girl.

I agree with H.G.Wells’ War of the Worlds, God’s smallest creation of earthly pathogens to which the invading Martians had no immunity doomed their existence.

If he could survive on Venus he'd be a pretty tough customer.

This sounds like word for word the 1951 movie The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Klaatu Barada Nikto

If he could survive on Venus he'd be a pretty tough customer.
Back at the time (the Fifties) it was still common to believe Venus had a very earth-like environment underneath its cloud layers - an environment quite possibly amenable to human life. It wouldn't be until years later that we determined it was actually a hellish wasteland.

Back at the time (the Fifties) it was still common to believe Venus had a very earth-like environment underneath its cloud layers - an environment quite possibly amenable to human life. It wouldn't be until years later that we determined it was actually a hellish wasteland.
I remember those good old days when Venus was a tropical rain forest and Mars was colder but with clumps of vegetation along the canals.

Love Retro Sci Fi

Back