• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strangers Who Seem Familiar?

Yes! what davidplankton said please! :)

I was in Sainsbury's looking at some sausages and turned around and saw Harry Potter's school caretaker looking oddly at me while selecting some ham. It was him. He lives local like.

My parents love shopping in a town in North Yorkshire and regularly used to visit the town when they came up (from down south) to visit me.

The other year, my partner and I were driving through this town and never mind a double take, I did a (what is the word for a 6?) take. A couple were walking down the street that resembled my parents in everything - how they walk, the style of clothes they tend to wear, the haircuts, the faces. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It looked spitting image of them. I did tell them later that day that I'd seen a couple who looked spitting image of them but of course it wasn't them as they were 160 miles away at the time. Seeing that imposter couple certainly made me miss my parents more. Just chalked it up to a bizarre coincidence but it will probably always stay with me.

The other year, my partner and I were driving through this town and never mind a double take, I did a (what is the word for a 6?) take. ...

You did a sextuple take? :)

I was in Sainsbury's looking at some sausages and turned around and saw Harry Potter's school caretaker looking oddly at me while selecting some ham. It was him. He lives local like.
Sounds like a proper innuendo-fest. :evillaugh:

@EnolaGaia reminded me of this -

I have a job where I can meet 50 or more new people in a week so I get this a lot. My idea is that people are 'types'. Once you've met one of a type, you'll meet another, and they'll remind you of the first.

Once I was working with a very nice, quite dressy lady whom i was sure I recognised and knew well. Couldn't put my finger on where I remembered her from.
In the middle of the night, I woke up and it came to me - she'd been in an advert on the telly. :lol:

The woman I'd recognised was in an anti-smoking advert and I'd met her as a patient on a hospital ward where I was working. The advert showed her receiving home oxygen therapy because of her severe lung condition.

It must've been hurried out while she was alive. I doubt she lasted much longer.
If anyone were sorry for taking up smoking, she was; she had a lot to live for.

As I can't find the advert anywhere I feel it's OK to mention it.

I've had this happen to me twice. Once, flicking through the pages of SFX, when I saw a picture of an actor and it was one of those 'I KNOW you!' moments. I didn't, and don't know him, we can't possibly have met despite being similar ages, but I just KNEW he was a bit.... over the top, shall we say. I later found out that I was exactly right about his character. Although I read, in another interview with him, a fact that is slightly unusual, and I found myself oddly...I dunno, startled? by it. As if I knew everything about him - except that. Weird.

And the second time was when my then partner was showing me a photograph of his previous girlfriend. Again, I thought 'I KNOW you.' We subsequently met (they were on very good terms) and it was like re-meeting your best friend of years ago. We got on instantly and felt as though we'd known one another forever. In fact, we got on better together than either of us got on with the bloke in question.

Back