• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Street light Interference

milk23

Ephemeral Spectre
I know there is a thread about this somewhere so if this is put in there then grand, I just wanted to get it down before I go and hold a bottle to a baby's face whilst it either falls asleep or voices loud complaints about things unseen...

so I have been walking through a park to a shop lately, about three times a week. Each time i have noted that a street lamp some yards away will switch off as I step level with it. This evening i thought on my way back i would walk directly beneath it to see if the effect continued. Sure enough as i stepped almost directly beneath the light, it went off only to flick back on as I was about ten yards past.

so there you go

I seem to remember a thread where other people said they cause the same thing. Not sure if it's the same but was out with my eldest and we sat down in the food court and the lights went out for a minute. She said " Not again, that's always happening lately". So I don't know if she caused it or it was just coincidence.

That was the thread that got me to join the FTMB.

I went for years not knowing that there was more than just IHTM.... :oops:

Gosh - I posted on this thread Sep 3 2001! :shock:

So I've been on and off this board for 12 years? Time flies!

Near my house the street lights seem to go off and on like clockwork. For about 3 weeks over xmas and the new year a long stretch of lights stayed out and locals thought they'd been switched off to save money, until they came back on!

When I'm driving I often see street lights flick on or off as I pass. I put it down to poor maintenance. :lol:

Back