• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
escargot1 said:
Squeeze's Black Coffee in Bed was on Desert Island Discs last week. Have you been listening to the podcast, you techy little realbird, you?
Ah, that is what it was. I listened to the broadcast at the time, the tune lay dormant ready to pounce.
I keep waking up with Doris Day's Perhaps in my head this week.

I remember when this were all fields.

SameOldVardoger said:
gncxx said:
I have this stuck in my head:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNKbHJ3PTu4

C'mon! Hands in the air! Let's rock! And then be embarrassed to admit we liked this!

It was one of the coolest songs from the middle of the 80s.
The 80s ruled. I miss the 80s.

I've been kind of enjoying it bopping around in my head actually (it's still there), except that it bothers me that nobody knows what they hell they're singing in the chorus.

I've had 'Radar Love', by Golden Earring, running around in my head, all morning. It may be because I'm back in the Netherlands.

One time I had the Three's Company theme stuck in my head for a week. It was horrible.

I've actually found that the best cure is to listen to the song that's stuck in your head, and really get into it! Sing along! Move around!

gncxx said:
SameOldVardoger said:
gncxx said:
I have this stuck in my head:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNKbHJ3PTu4

C'mon! Hands in the air! Let's rock! And then be embarrassed to admit we liked this!

It was one of the coolest songs from the middle of the 80s.
The 80s ruled. I miss the 80s.

I've been kind of enjoying it bopping around in my head actually (it's still there), except that it bothers me that nobody knows what they hell they're singing in the chorus.

A bit late, sorry, but here ya go:

Kýrie, eléison - down the road that I must travel
Kýrie, eléison - through the darkness of the night
Kýrie, eléison - where I'm going, will you follow?
Kýrie, eléison - on a highway in the light

kmossel said:
A bit late, sorry, but here ya go:

Kýrie, eléison - down the road that I must travel
Kýrie, eléison - through the darkness of the night
Kýrie, eléison - where I'm going, will you follow?
Kýrie, eléison - on a highway in the light

A thousand thanks! Now I have to find out what it means...

Yesterday I was about to send an E mail that could possibly have churned up a whole lot of trouble (I had my reasons). Just as I was about to press send I suddenly had John Lennon's "Instant Karma" playing clearly in my head. I'm not a Beatles/ Lennon fan and not prone to thinking about their back catalogue. I decided to take it as a friendly warning from the universe and deleted the E mail. Now I can't get the damn song out of my head. :?

therealficolley said:
Now I can't get the damn song out of my head. :?
Try replacing it with Karma Chameleon! :D

The theme tune to Terry and June cures all stuck tunes.

I've had Mack The Knife in my head for, ooh, a week now. :D

Used to be fascinated by it as a kid - all the other pop songs on t'wireless were about lurrve, but that one was humorous, and about a murderer. Most intriguing. 8)

*snaps fingers*

Oh the shark has pretty teeth, dear,
And he shows them pearly white...

...all Macheath has is a flick knife
And he keeps that out of sight...

Like Escargot said compelling....

Timble2 said:
...all Macheath has is a flick knife
And he keeps that out of sight...

Like Escargot said compelling....

Aaarrgh! I'm trapped as well!

The first verse, mentioning the shark, is actually a mistranslation. A literal version would be:

Oh the snails have slippery slime, dear,
And they leave it pearly white
Oh those lovely garden hostas
Who could have munched them, late last night?

:twisted:

The Lana Del Rey one has got me too.
Nicely arranged recording, with a touch of sinister to it. Sounds a bit like Belinda Carlisle sings Portishead. Checked out some of her other stuff, and this would seem a bit of a one off.

Kurt Weill songs are insidiously wormy. Mack the Knife is bad enough but The Alabama Song is even worse!

I tell you we must die!

I find it is credited to The Doors there. I expect the Brecht Estate will come knocking. :shock:

Back