• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Student Gets Psychic Scholarship

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
There may be a thread for this but, if so, I can't find it. Mods please move if appropriate.

Student gets psychic scholarship
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8334945.stm

Callum Cooper is hoping to do a PhD research degree on apparitions

A Northampton University student has been awarded a $3,000 (£1,811)scholarship to complete his studies on telepathy and clairvoyance.

Callum Cooper, from Mansfield, Notts, a final year BSc Psychology student, has been awarded the grant from the Parapsychology Foundation in the US.

He will be looking into the scientific study of the possible existence of psychic abilities and life after death.

He hopes to do a PhD Research Degree on apparitions and hallucinations in 2010.

'Haunted locations'

Mr Cooper said: ''My interest in the paranormal began growing up in Nottinghamshire where there is a vast amount of history of hauntings.

''I am constantly involved in the investigation of purportedly haunted locations with my own research team... and more recently I have been researching 'Phone Calls and Text Messages from the Dead'."

The University of Northampton is home to the Centre for the Study of Anomalous Psychological Processes (CSAPP) within the School of Social Sciences.

It is one of only a few academic parapsychology research centres within the UK.

Woooow, I'm sooooooooo jealous! :D
Wish I could do that. I'm after PhD funding but it's not for anything half as exciting. ;)

Back