Stuff You've Just Bought

michael59

Look up. Change your world perspective.
Car bras are designed to save your ride from any road-borne hazards and prolong the life of your front-end. Many car bras are fashioned from a thick, durable vinyl material that provides a solid barrier against flying bugs and rocks, preventing unwanted dings, dents and scratches.

images.jpeg

:)

MercuryCrest

Justified & Ancient
After 27 years, I've just bought a new wallet. Compared to the previous one, I don't expect it to last nearly as long, but it was time. It's also the end of an era. This thing has been lost, found, accidentally washed countless times, hidden in couch cushions for weeks, exposed to the elements for weeks, sat on, dropped ridiculously far distances, stood on, etc.

I'll miss you, old buddy.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
After 27 years, I've just bought a new wallet. Compared to the previous one, I don't expect it to last nearly as long, but it was time. It's also the end of an era. This thing has been lost, found, accidentally washed countless times, hidden in couch cushions for weeks, exposed to the elements for weeks, sat on, dropped ridiculously far distances, stood on, etc.

I'll miss you, old buddy.
Will you be transferring the emergency condom over to the new wallet or is that retired too?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
You can give yourself a superstition. I have. About... death...

A few years ago there was a house fire in the next town which killed a little boy. His mother was badly injured. Sadly, she was so distraught that she killed herself.

The fire was caused by candles left burning in the front room. Since then I've never lit candles in the house, even though we have hundreds, many of them scented and whatnot. They have to go in the garden. It's as if I'm afraid it will happen to us next.

As this is silly, yesterday I bought a lovely Kilner jar-shaped candle holder which looks safe enough and am testing it before work today. I've caught a cold so am dosed up and will be having a nap just now with the candle jar nearby.

So if you hear sirens...

michael59

Look up. Change your world perspective.

A few years ago there was a house fire in the next town which killed a little boy. His mother was badly injured. Sadly, she was so distraught that she killed herself.

The fire was caused by candles left burning in the front room. Since then I've never lit candles in the house, even though we have hundreds, many of them scented and whatnot. They have to go in the garden. It's as if I'm afraid it will happen to us next.

As this is silly, yesterday I bought a lovely Kilner jar-shaped candle holder which looks safe enough and am testing it before work today. I've caught a cold so am dosed up and will be having a nap just now with the candle jar nearby.

So if you hear sirens...
My friend lost her house the same way. Her 11 year old daughter couldn't sleep one night and lit a candle to watch TV by in the living room. She fell asleep on the sofa and the cat brushed by the candle, it's tale started on fire and she said that within 5 minutes the entire house was gone. Everyone escaped except for the cat.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...

So if you hear sirens...
Scargy, for your cold, I recommend eating as much garlic and chilli infused food as possible, as well as an orange before bed...

So if you hear sirens...
That's wicked.

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Aren't they instant death or something?
Nope. It's vitamin E oil in knock off thc cartridges that have caused the problem. The news reports I have seen have failed to mention it. It's super cheap and china pumps them out in the millions

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
The Nightmare On Elm Street boxset, for the rich price of $20! I was going to buy the six season boxset of Grimm, but at $145, I lost interest!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
A pair of slick red swoosh NIKE trainers. I'd given up on NIKE twenty years ago because I'd become fed up of the fact that no matter how well I looked after them, the glue sticking the soles to the fabric would fail and for the money they cost, I felt robbed.

A seventeen year old at work offered to sell a pair to me, he claimed they cost £120 but I reckon he's bullshitting ... I bought them off him, almost mint condition for £45, he wanted £60 .. they look cool though if you don't mind looking like a bit of a chav in the meantime .. let's see how the glue holds up ..

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
A pair of slick red swoosh NIKE trainers. I'd given up on NIKE twenty years ago because I'd become fed up of the fact that no matter how well I looked after them, the glue sticking the soles to the fabric would fail and for the money they cost, I felt robbed.

A seventeen year old at work offered to sell a pair to me, he claimed they cost £120 but I reckon he's bullshitting ... I bought them off him, almost mint condition for £45, he wanted £60 .. they look cool though if you don't mind looking like a bit of a chav in the meantime .. let's see how the glue holds up ..
Good Lord man, are the words 'Evo' and 'Stik' a foreign language to you?

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
The 8 string fan fret guitar I wanted still wasn't in stock. Thomann's customer service have been amazing and kept in contact with me regards expected delivery updates to their store. I went on the website and spotted a B stock ex display model of the same guitar for £50 cheaper sooooooooo I cancelled my original order and have bought that one

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Just back home with a nice little tray from Poundland. This will now be home for all the remote controls.

Actually, bought two, also perfect for making roll-ups on...