Stuff You've Just Bought

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
I bought a 2nd hand Sanyo 12.1 MEGA pocket camera from Ebay to replace an identical one that developed a fatal "system error" last week. The SD card onboard hadn't been wiped, so I have around 350 photos of National parks in Alberta, Utah, Nevada and Scotland from 2011 (and 3 with Thomas the Tank Engine in the background). Very informative and saved me the trips.

Buffalo Jump (Alberta) and Ward Charcoal Ovens (Nevada)
Headsmashedin.jpg Ward charcoal ovens.jpg

Bryce Canyon and Ghost of Colonel Sanders

Bryce canyon.jpg Ghost of Saunders.jpg

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
The building is Blair Castle not too far from Dunkeld.
Thank you for that, I see from Wiki that "the castle provides the garrison for the Atholl Highlanders, the private army of the Duke of Atholl, noted as the only legal private army in Europe".
I first thought the tunics in the hall were native American but that seems unlikely.

scotland10.jpg

gordonrutter

Staff member
Well I’ve just bought a couple of CD’s by Les Penning. Direct from him. He played the recorder on Mike Oldfield’s Ommadwan and several singles. Woohoo!

gordonrutter

Staff member
That really does have a lot in common with Ommadawn, doesn't it?

Tone and production.

Might have to investigate further!
Yes indeed, that’s what totally sold it to me. If you want to buy autographed direct from the man himself let me know and I’ll pass on the details.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Bought an IMMENSE indoor spotlight, a railway badge and other tat from t'car booty. The spotlight will be used for tomorrow's Halloween festivities and then hauled upstairs to illuminate my desk.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Amazon just delivered these and I pre ordered the Godzilla boxset and I'm surprised gemrlins is still a 15 not and down graded to a 12. image.jpeg

Last edited:

henry

still speeding
I bought a 2nd hand Sanyo 12.1 MEGA pocket camera from Ebay to replace an identical one that developed a fatal "system error" last week. The SD card onboard hadn't been wiped, so I have around 350 photos of National parks in Alberta, Utah, Nevada and Scotland from 2011 (and 3 with Thomas the Tank Engine in the background). Very informative and saved me the trips.
hope you checked that the seller had made a copy of their snaps ... i found a micro sd in a wet street few years back, dried out it contained hundreds of photos of a young lesbian couple (sfw) ... fair bit of detective work later we reunited them with photos ...

INT21

Antediluvian
My daughter was once given a desktop computer by a customer at her works. The customer couldn't remember the password to get into it.

She gave me the machine and I manage to access the files. It contained all the wedding photos of the original owner.

I burned them onto a CD and passes them back. Then formatted the HD and installed Linux.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
A couple of Charles Manson's hairs to add to my small collection of odd and unusual things.
I understand this sort of stuff makes some uneasy and some think it questionable, so let us just leave this discussion here.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
A couple of Charles Manson's hairs to add to my small collection of odd and unusual things.
I understand this sort of stuff makes some uneasy and some think it questionable, so let us just leave this discussion here.
I don't think we can leave it quite there. I'm wondering

Where do you find an item such as this for sale?

The cost

How do you know they're his - a letter of authentication from the prison?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
I don't think we can leave it quite there. I'm wondering

Where do you find an item such as this for sale?

The cost

How do you know they're his - a letter of authentication from the prison?

There are sites that sell such things, signed letters, envelopes, photos and postcards mostly. This is what I was after initially, however with Manson's recent passing, such things have gone up in value as collectors items. You'd be surprised what's out there to buy (and not just from him).

$110 including postage.

According to the site, items are analyzed by a third party certified authentication company. The item I bought has a a digital certificate and serial number. I have to take their word for it as I can't prove otherwise, though I am happy to accept that is it what they say it is. As always, 'Caveat Emptor'.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...