Stuff You've Just Bought

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
2 X 20" inner tubes for my 1982 BMX bike that my Sister kept hold of all these years that my Dad dropped off by surprise .. I'm going to slowly restore it although it's still in very good condition for its age anyway .. I know a young BMX rider called Ernie and will be contacting him when the restoration is completed although I haven't told him yet .. I can't wait to watch him shred it at Cromer skate park even if it is twice the weight of modern BMX bikes ..

Swifty

Another technological change is the invention of camera phones. So WE can't wait to watch YOU shred it at Cromer skate park.
.. that's not going to happen because I'm nearly 50, haven't rode a BMX since the early 80's, skate parks didn't exist in the early 80's in England, the bike ways a ton compared to contemporary BMX's and I've already selected the guy who's going to own it ..

Without wanting to depress you, it's the young man who pushed the BMX of our young friend who committed suicide so ***** pushed his mate's bike down the aisle at the funeral in Cromer's main church. They were best mates. I still work with his brother. Our entire workplace closed down to attend including the owners and also the owners parents. They paid for the entire wake after the funeral, , ***** doesn't know it yet but I'll be gifting him the bike. After me and Ralph restore it .. I might do a few bunny hops and endos on her for old times sake at the skate park.

.. the lad I knew who took his own life was rad at what you can see in the new official logo picturing him :badge:

acromerlogo.jpg R.I.P. Nyall Brown. Your best mate's now getting my mex little brother X

Last edited:

Swifty

We'll have to make do with that then.

That's a kind thought, give him the bike. Sounds like it will be a comfort to him.

Vintage BMX bikes're highly collectable so tell him to keep it locked!
Already got the lock for him for it .. and when I give it to him, I'm thinking about putting a couple of condoms on the handles just to lighten the moment a bit ..

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
.. the lad I knew who took his own life was rad at what you can see in the new official logo picturing him :badge:
That's a lovely logo, but personally I don't approve. Having his image shown prominently is a constant reminder of suicide. Even the faintest adulation of suicide victims has been known to increase the risk of others attempting or doing it, especially in younger vulnerable people. Helps normalise it, y'know.

Swifty

That's a lovely logo, but personally I don't approve. Having his image shown prominently is a constant reminder of suicide. Even the faintest adulation of suicide victims has been known to increase the risk of others attempting or doing it, especially in younger vulnerable people. Helps normalise it, y'know.
I know where you're coming from .. suicides do tend to cluster in small groups of friends yes .. his parents have approved of the logo .. a new mental health drop in centre has been created in Cromer as a result of the last cluster and on a day today level, we're all looking out for each other more now: " Have you had anything to eat yet? .. eat this" and are you drinking enough? .. drink this! ..we are gentle about how we go about it though .. men giving each other 'manly' hugs is a welcome addition to this situation (obviously followed by a 'manly' but NO pinching my arse) joke. Small steps but often are the way forward.

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I know where you're coming from .. suicides do tend to cluster in small groups of friends yes .. his parents have approved of the logo .. a new mental health drop in centre has been created in Cromer as a result of the last cluster and on a day today level, we're all looking out for each other more now: " Have you had anything to eat yet? .. eat this" and are you drinking enough? .. drink this! ..we are gentle about how we go about it though .. men giving each other 'manly' hugs is a welcome addition to this situation (obviously followed by a 'manly' but NO pinching my arse) joke. Small steps but often are the way forward.
That's all good to hear. People do copy each other. Can remember thinking, at a certain funeral, someone here will be next... and I was sadly right.

Swifty

That's all good to hear. People do copy each other. Can remember thinking, at a certain funeral, someone here will be next... and I was sadly right.
.. we had three last year, two of them cousins and I knew all of them .. I contacted the then shadow health secretary Norman Lamb (alongside other people) who agreed something needed to be done and he put his money where his mouth was, he'd lost his own teenage son years before because of drugs and was heavily active in the North Norfolk area.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
LPs - lovely new repress of Queens Of The Stone Age's Songs For The Deaf, the new DJ Shadow album, and the latest Fabric Presents by Amelie Lens.

Also picked-up the mixed CD version of the Fabric release - it's blindingly good techno.