Stuff You've Just Bought

LPs - lovely new repress of Queens Of The Stone Age's Songs For The Deaf, the new DJ Shadow album, and the latest Fabric Presents by Amelie Lens.

Also picked-up the mixed CD version of the Fabric release - it's blindingly good techno.
Songs For The Deaf is my favourite album to play in the car. Not on vinyl though.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
I've been ordering a ton of books and dvds for Christmas and keep bugging my wife to come up with something she'd really like. She's decided she wants a new bed and mattress, so today, that's what we bought, plus a new mattress for the Queen size bed in the spare room. It all cost a lot more than my stuff. Still, you know what they say, 'Happy wife, happy life'.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Despite the leaning tower of books beside my bed, I bought the following books today -
The Vinyl Frontier: The Story Of The Voyager Golden Record by Jonathan Scott.

Menus That Made History - Over two than sand years of menus from Ancient Egyptian food for the afterlife to Elvis Presley's wedding breakfast by Vincent Franklin and Alex Johnson.

Doctor Who Revelation Of The Daleks by Eric Saward.

Last edited:

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
You need a phono pre-amp if your amp hasn't got a phono stage built-in. Or you just want to improve the audio quality.

It's to make records play proper like.

INT21

Antediluvian
Not bought, but 'for free'. The best possible price.

Across the street from where I live is a house that has been completely gutted and rebuilt. And the builders have created a pile of rubbish outside on a bit of spare ground.
a few days ago there appeared an outside door. I thought 'give it a few days, and if it's still there I will take it and use it on the shed.

So, today I walked across and collected it.

It was a solid mahogany external door. Unmarked. Must have cost a fortune.

Why didn't they put it on Ebay or some other site ?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Not bought, but 'for free'. The best possible price.

Across the street from where I live is a house that has been completely gutted and rebuilt. And the builders have created a pile of rubbish outside on a bit of spare ground.
a few days ago there appeared an outside door. I thought 'give it a few days, and if it's still there I will take it and use it on the shed.

So, today I walked across and collected it.

It was a solid mahogany external door. Unmarked. Must have cost a fortune.

Why didn't they put it on Ebay or some other site ?
Either they don't realise the value or don't want the hassle of selling it.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Oh, that was a good haul.

You must be so chuffed.

These days I live on a camp site and in the summer I often score good things.

I have leather boots, a self inflating mattress and a down duvet thanks to folk who couldnt be bothered to take them home