Stuff You've Just Bought

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Mighty Peking Man in a nutshell: "Oh dear, giant apeman, I appear to have popped out of my top!"

I trust you already have Super-Inframan?
If I had a dollar for every time that sentence has gone through my head, I'd be able to hold an Unconventional every year for the next twenty years...

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
This is not a complaint, nor is in a whinge aimed at modern slowflakery (lest this be misconstrued), but I was surprised to receive the following. Being an ex-pat, I often send gifts to family and friends via the London department stores and am on several of their mailing lists, but I've never been asked whether I need a Mothers' Day opt-out before.

Is this a common thing?

SmartSelect_20200207-215900_Gmail.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
This is not a complaint, nor is in a whinge aimed at modern slowflakery (lest this be misconstrued), but I was surprised to receive the following. Being an ex-pat, I often send gifts to family and friends via the London department stores and am on several of their mailing lists, but I've never been asked whether I need a Mothers' Day opt-out before.

Is this a common thing?

View attachment 23041
Years ago there was a Mother's Day competition at Tesco with a sign inviting shoppers to 'Enter your mother here!'

I snapped it to put immediately on b3ta where it went down very well INDEED.
Had to assure readers that yup, it was genuine, they could see it in any Tesco.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Some more black tapestry wool.

Im doing a needlepoint sampler and I need to embroider black boxes to put it in.

(Please dont ask me which stitch I am using; trying to do tent but some seems to be half cross and the rest is obviously upside down.)

(There are over 300 different stitches in needlepoint so why is the obsession with cross stitch?)