Stuff You've Just Bought

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
After a real rough couple of months I treated myself to a new guitar. Ibanez S420 with the zero resistance locking tremolo. Beautiful guitar and I'm thoroughly in love with it

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Our local greengrocers has opened up a refill bar with loose goods of all sorts.

You take in your own container, they weigh it and put a weight to subtract on the base.

But a lot of it is silly prices compared to pre packaged. The pasta, for instance, is DOUBLE the price. (some is cheaper)

I wanted to top up my herbs and spices...an important part of my home economy as you know.

So I did, but no idea if I have saved.

But I bet its still cheaper than Schwartz. (Who have changed their distinctive jars to boring ones and how will those fit in the rack now??)

Tin

Ephemeral Spectre
After days of searching, two bottles of hand sanitiser (one travel size to be kept in my backpack. along with a couple of travel packs of tissues), and a larger bottle - the label on his one says "CAUTION HIGHLY FLAMMABLE" - as if things weren't weird enough...
I always keep small bottles of hand sanitiser in my backpacks and the car for picnics with the grandkids. I have sometimes used it to light a campfire, works really well if kindling is damp.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
The weathered black one. It's an open pore satin finish so you can see the mahogany wood grain :)
I'm no guitarist, but I confess that I was a sucker for the old Ibanez Gem-era models with monkey-grip cut into the upper body.

I'm not sure whether that was just the Vai signature model or whether they used them on others, too.

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
I'm no guitarist, but I confess that I was a sucker for the old Ibanez Gem-era models with monkey-grip cut into the upper body.

I'm not sure whether that was just the Vai signature model or whether they used them on others, too.
Yeah, the jem series is all Vai :) I missed the chance to get a Jem555, but I'm not complaining lol

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Yeah, the jem series is all Vai :) I missed the chance to get a Jem555, but I'm not complaining lol
Again, no expertise, but my good friend (who owns literally half a room full of guitars--I can think of three Ibanezs) is having a custom model built by these people:

https://skervesen.eu

The wacky headstocks and body shapes seem to be one of their signatures. Here's the Swan.

IMG_8872-1.jpg

But their Kallisti model is a pretty stylish take on a more traditional design:

kali72-min-978x1024.jpg

And then you get beasts like the Chimera 8:

IMG_0358-1-1-1024x662.jpg

IMG_0230-1-1-662x1024.jpg

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Again, no expertise, but my good friend (who owns literally half a room full of guitars--I can think of three Ibanezs) is having a custom model built by these people:

https://skervesen.eu

The wacky headstocks and body shapes seem to be one of their signatures. Here's the Swan.

View attachment 23983

But their Kallisti model is a pretty stylish take on a more traditional design:

View attachment 23980

And then you get beasts like the Chimera 8:

View attachment 23981

View attachment 23982
Beautiful bits of kit! I'm an Ibanez fan myself, 3 out of my 4 guitars are Ibanez but one day I would love something custom built like that

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Was walking past a new age store the other day and my wife suggested we go in for a look. There was a tarot reader available so we decided to have a spur of the moment reading.
He was an Egyptian fellow, with a French accent and quite charismatic.
Within moments he knew how many children we had , the initials of one, the name of the other plus my father's name (deceased). His reading was interesting and time will tell if his predictions come true or not. Either way, he was entertaining and it was money well spent.
He didn't use a standard deck of tarot cards. The cards we used were French, very old and of a type I'd never seen before. There were only 32 cards in the deck.
He said the deck belonged to his grandfather and were almost a century old. They looked it.
He said he had 3 decks for sale which he'd bought in Paris 30 years ago if I was interested. I was, so I did.
The deck is called 'Le Petit Cartomancien' and this is what it looks like...
lepetite.jpg

The instructions are in French and my school boy French is just not up to the standard it once was. I have however found some English instructions online. I find the illustrations and contexts fascinating and will be delving deeply into these.