Stuff You've Just Bought

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Forged, as opposed to stock removal?

Skinners don't tend to have 10" blades.

Is this actually by Buck the knife company?

maximus "Knife bore" otter
My bad, it's a drop point they labelled as a buck skinner but you are right about the size. Yeah it's actually forged, not stock removal, it's a Swedish person who's name has completely escaped me that makes them

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Attempted to buy cat food - all online pet stores are basically out of stock on everything, and there was a queuing system in place to even access the Pets At Home site. I did manage to secure a couple of bags (Dex has to have special old man food and Neela is fussy because she's such a diva) but they can't deliver for...14 days!

So it will be whatever they can catch for themselves I guess. They won't starve.

The way things are going in today's world, I thought it was about time that Memento mori and Vanitas paintings made a comeback, so I bought this replica with an aim to use it as a model. It's cast from life (or death) but made of PVC. The top of the skull comes off as does the jawbone, which has a spring in case you want to do a spot of ventriloquism. Also comes with a handy chart with the names of all of the regions so I wont have to bother @EnolaGaia with daft anatomical questions.

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 17.33.23jpeg.jpg Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 22.44.44jpeg.jpg

Tin

Ephemeral Spectre
The way things are going in today's world, I thought it was about time that Memento mori and Vanitas paintings made a comeback, so I bought this replica with an aim to use it as a model. It's cast from life (or death) but made of PVC. The top of the skull comes off as does the jawbone, which has a spring in case you want to do a spot of ventriloquism. Also comes with a handy chart with the names of all of the regions so I wont have to bother @EnolaGaia with daft anatomical questions.

View attachment 24319 View attachment 24321
That's very cool and it's my daughter's birthday in two weeks, she would love that.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Thanks David just ordered one. I was really struggling for ideas and so far had only got her a Family Guy's Death soft toy figure and Wolverine's dog tags.

Yeah, she's as weird as I am.

This is how parenting should work.... :twothumbs:

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
On the off chance that work might send me home (being paid to stay home all day and watch tv? Yes, please!), today I bought
The Re-Animator trilogy (Jeffery Combs can do no wrong)
Top Secret (Val Kilmers only decent movie, IMO)
Ajin Demi Human.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient

View attachment 24319 View attachment 24321
Yorick? Is that you?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
That's such a sad sight. I know it's not real but still.

Reminds me of that beautiful dissection of a child's skull with all the adult teeth exposed, ready to descend. Fascinating until you remember it's someone's actual deceased son or daughter. I was going to share the image some time but couldn't bring myself to.

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Attempted to buy cat food - all online pet stores are basically out of stock on everything, and there was a queuing system in place to even access the Pets At Home site. I did manage to secure a couple of bags (Dex has to have special old man food and Neela is fussy because she's such a diva) but they can't deliver for...14 days!

So it will be whatever they can catch for themselves I guess. They won't starve.
Does walmart ship in the uk? I just ordered cat food and they took my money and promised it 4/3, which is fine with me.