Stuff You've Just Bought

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I asked a local company if they are still delivering their home-grown spuds, and in no time they rolled up with a big sack of them.

So even if we can't find anything else we can have roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, oven chips, duchesse potatoes, baked potatoes, loaded potato skins, potato pranks, a potato fight, Britain's first potato divorce...

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
I LOVE duchesse potatoes. Now I'll be able to make and eat as much as I like.
I have some frozen duchesse potatoes- now you've mentioned them, I keep thinking of them. Going to be having them as soon as my appetite returns (a wee touch of the cold + lack of sleep has left me feeling a bit bleh).

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
I asked a local company if they are still delivering their home-grown spuds, and in no time they rolled up with a big sack of them.

So even if we can't find anything else we can have roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, oven chips, duchesse potatoes, baked potatoes, loaded potato skins, potato pranks, a potato fight, Britain's first potato divorce...
If you have a pair of spud guns, you could have minutes of fun shooting at each other too!

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
A dozen bottles of wine to be delivered in the next 2-3 days – 11 chardonnays and a French Picpoul de Pinet (for variety). And my hair clippers turned up today from Amazon, a month earlier than expected. Mrs Cycleboy cut my hair using scissors last week and she's in charge of the next high-tech trim!

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
A dozen bottles of wine to be delivered in the next 2-3 days – 11 chardonnays and a French Picpoul de Pinet (for variety). And my hair clippers turned up today from Amazon, a month earlier than expected. Mrs Cycleboy cut my hair using scissors last week and she's in charge of the next high-tech trim!
And that's a lovely pudding bowl haircut you have, suits you, sir!

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
This week, books (UFOs, the Flatwoods monster, Sasquatch, the Laurel Canyon music scene in the 60s, the occult in movies & music), a couple of cubic meters of firewood, two bottles of gin, one bottle of Scotch and 14 various bottle of wine (rose', sauvignon blanc & champagne). I think we're right for the rest of the month. :)

Last edited:

Impybat

this space for rent

Potato heaven!! They're my favorite food...in fact I was watching a YouTube video on growing them in a bucket.

Aside from groceries, I bought a "Jungle Prairie" seed mix from Prairie Moon Nursery (in the States). I'm anxious to get out and plant but I need to wait til we get past our final frost date, which could be anywhere from now up to a few weeks! I think I'll take my chances once it stops pouring.

Last edited:

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
This week, books (UFOs, the Flatwoods monster, Sasquatch, the Laurel Canyon music scene in the 60s, the occult in movies & music), a couple of cubic meters of firewood, two bottles of gin, one bottle of Scotch and 14 various bottle of wine (rose', sauvignon blanc & champagne). I think we're right for the rest of the month. :)
A man after my own heart, m'Lord! Especially the champagne – I don't do spirits, for no other reason that I have no taste for them. An occasional Cointreau or Grand Marnier – especially the rarely seen Yellow Label – but wine is my main vice. Apart from the 'ladies of the night' and the illegal drugs, but that goes without saying...

I've also got about 60 books or so in the unread pile in the spare room (I love a charity shop trawl), which should do for the moment, and I might play my crackly copy of John Mayall's Blues from Laurel Canyon if I get my new turntable plumbed in this weekend. (I hate to admit it, but I'm really appreciating a lot of things about this lockdown; this is personal and I understand how incredibly hard it is for a lot of people, and with two elderly, infirm parents my attitiude is not set in stone. I'm not being smug but as somebody who's largely self-contained a lot of my day-to-day stresses have been removed, at least temporarily).

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
A man after my own heart, m'Lord! Especially the champagne – I don't do spirits, for no other reason that I have no taste for them. An occasional Cointreau or Grand Marnier – especially the rarely seen Yellow Label – but wine is my main vice. Apart from the 'ladies of the night' and the illegal drugs, but that goes without saying...

I've also got about 60 books or so in the unread pile in the spare room (I love a charity shop trawl), which should do for the moment, and I might play my crackly copy of John Mayall's Blues from Laurel Canyon if I get my new turntable plumbed in this weekend. (I hate to admit it, but I'm really appreciating a lot of things about this lockdown; this is personal and I understand how incredibly hard it is for a lot of people, and with two elderly, infirm parents my attitiude is not set in stone. I'm not being smug but as somebody who's largely self-contained a lot of my day-to-day stresses have been removed, at least temporarily).
When the first bottle is opened, I shall have a long distance drink or two for you.
I understand what you're saying. I'm by no means anti social, but I could quite happily stay at home most of the time. I don't get bored even though I'm not the kind of person who needs to find things to do.