Stuff You've Just Bought

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Bought a box of over 100 of those ornate metal and glass beads today at the car booty, for £2. Y'know, the sort people make those gaudy bracelets with.

Only wanted a few to put on my bootlaces but hey, wasn't turning them down at that price! :)
In the five years since this post, have you done anything with the rest?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Was waiting till just after midnight to snap one up, because they're limited edition: the Blu-ray of Phase IV WITH THE ORIGINAL ENDING! At last I'll get to see it as intended! And the bonus features have all of director Saul Bass's short films! One of the releases of the year! Sorry, getting a bit excited, but you have to have something to look forward to these days, don't you?

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Amazon ten pounds. Look up Steven T Parsons on Amazon he has two other book one on acoustics and tbe paranormal

Tin

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
The way things are going in today's world, I thought it was about time that Memento mori and Vanitas paintings made a comeback, so I bought this replica with an aim to use it as a model. It's cast from life (or death) but made of PVC. The top of the skull comes off as does the jawbone, which has a spring in case you want to do a spot of ventriloquism. Also comes with a handy chart with the names of all of the regions so I wont have to bother @EnolaGaia with daft anatomical questions.

View attachment 24319View attachment 24321
My daughter loved her present, she thought it was very cool.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been trying to get a set of these (this size, these colours) at a price I would pay since.... forever! Got the last two today. Wedgwood Dancing Hours Porcelain Figurines :) I've paid about £50 each, a complete set usually goes for £700 to £1000. Come to mama my pretty babies! :cheer:

1586439861373.png

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Totally can't justify this but am missing the 3 of my 5 (grown up) sons who are not at home right now, and we couldn't be together on Mothers' Day either so I got myself this to wear til we're together (what it cost me, I'm comforting myself, is what we'd normally spend in about a week alone on petrol...) Also, am owed for some freelance work, so. Yes, I can justify this. And I've been ill! Ah total justification achieved...

fox5.jpg

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Totally can't justify this but am missing the 3 of my 5 (grown up) sons who are not at home right now, and we couldn't be together on Mothers' Day either so I got myself this to wear til we're together (what it cost me, I'm comforting myself, is what we'd normally spend in about a week alone on petrol...) Also, am owed for some freelance work, so. Yes, I can justify this. And I've been ill! Ah total justification achieved...

View attachment 25116
Cute.

There's a worldwide disaster in action. Don't fret about the justification.

Beauty is a good antidote to gloom.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Cute.

There's a worldwide disaster in action. Don't fret about the justification.

Beauty is a good antidote to gloom.
Yithian, that's what I needed/wanted to hear. Cheers.

Just missing the boys and feeling sad. Not showing it though. I don't have many pretty things or want them, as a rule. But that spoke to me.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Yithian, that's what I needed/wanted to hear. Cheers.

Just missing the boys and feeling sad. Not showing it though. I don't have many pretty things or want them, as a rule. But that spoke to me.
I can undertstand that.

I spent three weeks away from my little girl in the New Year. I had to fly home for work while she and my wife stayed with my parents. It was a great experience for her, but despite being busy, I felt like real life had been suspended until she came back!

When Mrs Yith sees that I'm getting wound up by work, she forgoes the deep and meaningful conversation (they just wind me up more) and suggests I buy a nice old book for my collection.

I've always found something therapeutic in--not in the purchase itself--the process of browsing, comparing and finally selecting.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Yes, Ilike it too (ays she who doesnt like much jewelry)

Maxiumus Otter; glad to see someones doing something about the Deer Problem.

Have you seen Walrods book on antlers?

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I once bought myself one to torment my kids with, and it disappeared, and I later found it broken into bits at the end of the garden!
Me and the older Brother used to shoot the youngest with plasticine (or maybe blue-tack) through a .22 air rifle...until Mum found the blisters on him and gave us a good leathering.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The rest contain forum members who went missing and have now returned...
Trust someone from the building trade...if you wish to get rid of forum members and never have them come back, double-bag them and drop them in an Asbestos skip. Highly unlikely anyone will open the bags to see what’s inside.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
im planing on getting these at some point there out on may 30 zavvi have them up for pre order at £34.99 each.
12512724-4234752302493900.jpg
12512720-1654752301385586.jpg

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Maxiumus Otter; glad to see someones doing something about the Deer Problem.

Have you seen Walrods book on antlers?
Ta!

I hadn’t even heard of it until you mentioned it. Thanks for the the thought, but it’s not really me. Antlers are a waste product as far as l’m concerned; l only have two sets up on the wall: my very first ever deer (9-point red stag); and my first roe, which was a decent buck.

maximus otter

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
An update.i pre ordered these zavvi won't take the money out of my bank account until dispatch.
I thought Amazon didn't take the money out until dispatch either until I checked my bank account yesterday...

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I'm going to have some fun with these babies when they arrive;

1587035665754.png

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
New frames for my glasses, not because I wanted them, but because at 1 am this morning as I was taking them off, the right arm broke off. Naturally, the actual frames I have have been discontinued, but the optometrist was able to secure me the same shape in a different colour, only charging me the price of the arm

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
As a vinyl junkie I have just invested in this limited edition single by The Damned from 1984. There were 1,000 copies only of the 7" and 12" version, I spent £60 on the 7" version, in near mint condition worth up to about £80 at the moment, but very few are up for sale. It comes with a fold out cardboard stand that is used to stand the record up in. The stand is still unfolded and unused and the vinyl is unplayed and near mint. I'd love the 12" version, but I have only ever seen 1 copy sold in the UK on Discogs ever. A copy sold in the U.S. last year for $900, so i think it is a bit out of my price bracket:
Thanks light.jpg