Stuff You've Just Bought

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I thought Amazon didn't take the money out until dispatch either until I checked my bank account yesterday...
That's what Amazon usually do and it sounds odd because it's they don't usually take money out before dispatch.

Last edited:

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Oh!

well, you can throw the antlers my way, Max; I have many craft functions for them.

(Several nice pairs of my own; one from a well attested park escape, -14 points. Also some Fallow (70cm, nice but not exceptional.) its my ambition to have a set from each of the GB deer.)

(Am not friends with those Chinese Water Deer...)

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what Amazon usually do and it sounds odd because it's they don't usually take money out before dispatch.
Yeah I was suprised to see it as well, never knowingly had it happen before.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I find antler very situational.

You might not find a bit suited to a project you have in mind; but maybe you can find a project for a bit of antler you own...

What size ring? I can make one...but at the moment I have no antler on me at all...will ask a few friends.

And I dont cut up nice ones.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Amazon has delayed my pre order of the Star Wars 4K boxset so I won't be getting it next Monday so it's not arriving until the 27 of this month and i hope my akira 4K pre order doesn't get delayed since its coming all the way from Japan.i will keep an eye on Amazon japan.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Amazon has delayed my pre order of the Star Wars 4K boxset so I won't be getting it next Monday so it's not arriving until the 27 of this month and i hope my akira 4K pre order doesn't get delayed since its coming all the way from Japan.i will keep an eye on Amazon japan.
Don't be too downhearted, I ordered a CD from them and it was supposed to arrive at the end of this month, but actually showed up last Tuesday. The arrival dates are all over the place at the moment.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Oh wow Criterion are releaseing all 5 Bruce lee film in boxset but it's usa only release in July and it's bad enough that Amazon us are not shipping to the uk as far as I know for now and if it's true.

Last edited:

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I have bought a chemo hat this was about a month ago,actually, it may be longer, still waiting and some crayons to fill in one of my neighbors set of oak draws she has got a scratch on, Amazon have said they will be dealing with stuff in priority order
And no, they don't take money out until it's dispatched.

tuco

Spitting in a wishing well
Reaction score
I have bought a chemo hat this was about a month ago,actually, it may be longer, still waiting and some crayons to fill in one of my neighbors set of oak draws she has got a scratch on, Amazon have said they will be dealing with stuff in priority order
And no, they don't take money out until it's dispatched.
Rubbing a Brazil nut along a scratch in wood does a good job of hiding it ( I kid you not ).

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Rubbing a Brazil nut along a scratch in wood does a good job of hiding it ( I kid you not ).
Cool, thank you.
It is 02.36. I cannot sleep. I am desperately trying to keep off of Amazon to stop me buying things out of complete boredom.
I spend a lot of time on Amazon shopping, i shove it all in my basket, then when i get bored, which takes quite a while, i mosey over to the basket then see what i really want, i usually end up with one item which i still leave in the basket until i really make up my mind, i find this fun because i am a sad bugger :p

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, thank you.
I spend a lot of time on Amazon shopping, i shove it all in my basket, then when i get bored, which takes quite a while, i mosey over to the basket then see what i really want, i usually end up with one item which i still leave in the basket until i really make up my mind, i find this fun because i am a sad bugger :p
Precisely what I do.

Some things have been in 'saved for later' for years.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
What are they supposed to be?
Right. I'm just wondering what you do with them - stick them to your eyelids?
I have just laughed so hard at these pics.
Yes, exactly that is what I intend to do having already identified several opportunities for guerrilla eyeballing during my daily walk.
Gotta do something to cheer myself up!

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Precisely what I do.

Some things have been in 'saved for later' for years.
It is good to see I am not the only one to shop like this, lol.
I've had some in there for a while but i don't think its been years. :D I enjoy doing it like that, it keeps me happy for hours, and sometimes i do buy the odd thing, and i think it is a good way to shop, you can stop and think and ask yourself, 'Do I really need that?'
I have just laughed so hard at these pics.
Yes, exactly that is what I intend to do having already identified several opportunities for guerrilla eyeballing during my daily walk.
Gotta do something to cheer myself up!
Those pics are brill, i am tempted to order some, but in this lock down i cant go anywhere, but on your walks do it, and post pics on here maybe?

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Thought about creating a thread for the least justifiable lock-down late-night online impulse purchase that seemed a good idea at the time.
I wanted a copy of Max and Moritz by Wilhelm Busch in the original German style of 1865 as 'enjoyed' in my youth. No problem, but the books just didn't seem illegible and expensive enough for my Wunderkabinett. So I bought one designed for a doll's house - it's an inch high and too small for me to read. Seemed a good idea ...

Max&Moritz_0700.jpg Max&Moritz_1600.jpg

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh come on, I can't be the only one who's put a dodgy item in the basket ...
really ?
Packets of different sunflower seeds. Contraindicated by the winds here and we don't even like them especially! :oops:

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Sprout them and eat them. very yummy and nourishing.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I just ordered a book about uncool albums that are actually really good. I don't need any more books, I just got carried away. It's a normal sized book, though.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
That is grand, Trevp666.

To be pedantic, arent wobbly eyes best on object that move, (or can be moved) to get the full effect?