Stuff You've Just Bought

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Beneath The Remains Deluxe Edition (Orange 2LP) limited to 1.500 copys and i think i go the last copy because it now sold out.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Reaction score
Megadeth where do you get your money from? :D

I'm on a good wage but bloody hell I'd be on the streets if I bought the amount of stuff you do.

Also, where do you store it all?

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

maximus otter
The first thing I noticed about this – and I don't know what this says about me but I've been a sub-editor in the past – is that it's missing the flippin' hyphen. It's Moby-Dick! (Check out Catch-22 and Slaughterhouse-Five for other titles that often lose their hyphen... Slaughterhouse-Five, for good measure, even has one in the subtitle: The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death)

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Reaction score
The first thing I noticed about this – and I don't know what this says about me but I've been a sub-editor in the past – is that it's missing the flippin' hyphen. It's Moby-Dick! (Check out Catch-22 and Slaughterhouse-Five for other titles that often lose their hyphen... Slaughterhouse-Five, for good measure, even has one in the subtitle: The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death)
My understanding is the hyphen is used for the title but not the creature be itself.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Yes, l noticed that too. l went to the extent of Googling both Melville’s entry, and the specific one for the book, in Wikipedia. Despite reading both, l’m no further forward: the whale, apparently (l’ve no started the book yet) is always referred to in the text sans hyphen; yet the title is consistently hyphenated.

:dunno:

maximus otter

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Reaction score
Currently its felt the hyphen was possibly a typo by his brother. Hence it doesn't appear in the book. The brother prepared the manuscript for the publisher.

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I finally got myself a new guitar amp. Boss Katana 100w 1x12. Been using an awful 50w piece of crap for like 15 years.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
I got one of those compilation disks advertised on Ebay - 130 out-of-print books on the Occult (~1880-1920) scanned into pdf files.
Will probably skip the Alchemy section, also Astrology, Divination, Egypt, Kabbalah, Wicca, Ritual Magick Grimoires, may look at Gnosticism, the Paranormal books are nearly all on communication after death (a lot of people know their stuff but can't write for toffee). Earth Mysteries cover quite an interesting range of topics such as Stonehenge and an absolute gem "Early British Trackways, Moats, Mounds, Camps and Sites" ; a Lecture given to the Woolhope Naturalist's Field Club at Hereford Sept 1921 by Alfred Watkins.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
an absolute gem "Early British Trackways, Moats, Mounds, Camps and Sites" ; a Lecture given to the Woolhope Naturalist's Field Club at Hereford Sept 1921 by Alfred Watkins.
That is enticing!

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A couple of LPs - the 'Midsommar' score by The Haxan Cloak/Bobby Krlic (creepy) and the new Warbringer 'Weapons Of Destruction' (thrashy).

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I'd happily trade anything from the B-52's first album in favour of never hearing Love Shack again.