Stuff You've Just Bought

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The essential shopping today included the following books -
The British In India by David Gilmour (Mothers Day present for Mother Dinobot)
The Lost Lancaster, York & Tudor Kings by Amy Licence
The Persecution Of The Templars (Scandal, Torture, Trial) by Alain Demurger
Maoism A Global History by Julia Lovell.

Those should keep me occupied and off the streets until Restrictions are lifted...

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
That miniature dime bag darrell guitar that I pre ordered its out of stock even though I pre ordered it the day before release and I had to email zavvi just find out that and what piss me off when I ordered it it didn't say it was out of stock/sold out and I think zavvi cocked up some how but the good news is found it on a another site for £27.99 with free delivery by Royal Mail in 2 to 3 days.

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Reaction score
Bought some clothes online from Next yesterday a.m, estimated delivery date was the 14th of May, but they arrived today at 3pm!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I'm online ordering some spray varnish to complete my bootleg 2020 Cromer badges because some twat ate a diseased bat apparently .. then I can still get my badge this year anyway. I'm using old Cromer carnival badges, gun metal silver spray paint with gold coloured 2020 letters overlaid. I just need the spray varnish now.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Police Squad (the complete series)
13 Assassins.
Arrow (the final series)

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
A Karcher pressure washer - I'm now blasting EVERYTHING I CAN FIND.

Highly recommended, very therapeutic.
A word to the wise: Don't think, after blasting the green off your patio, "My legs under my shorts are filthy. This Kärcher cleans concrete slabs, it'll soon wash the mud and algae off my naked legs and Crocs."

Ask me how I know this...

maximus "Still has a fading, inch-long scar near left knee" otter

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A word to the wise: Don't think, after blasting the green off your patio, "My legs under my shorts are filthy. This Kärcher cleans concrete slabs, it'll soon wash the mud and algae off my naked legs and Crocs."

Ask me how I know this...

maximus "Still has a fading, inch-long scar near left knee" otter
My legs have healed very nicely, no thanks to you...:rcard:

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Four vinyl LP's on pre order. All That Glue by Sleaford Mods has just been posted, double white vinyl.

And am awaiting 'Made Of Rain' by The Psychedelic Furs, double splatter vinyl with autographed art card.
Buzzcocks - 1991 demos on black & white vinyl with Steve Diggle autographed postcard.

I can't recall my fourth right off. But it really bugs my wife when they keep coming...

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
You may have noticed that the "Google Doodle" thing for the last 48 hours was this:

mbira.JPG

Clicking on it links to quite a fun little interactive music game with some history of the African Mbira or Kalimba instrument.

In fact I was so hooked that I went straight to Amazon Prime and treated myself to this:

Kalimba.jpg

It arrived just an hour ago - and it's as much fun as I imagined.
I'm trying to play The Witcher Novigrad theme on it right now.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
What Fresh Lunacy is This? - the authorised biography of Oliver Reed (there seem to be a few of these biographies, but this is supposed to be the best) and Waltz Darling, a CD of Malcolm McLaren's 1989 album (inspired by TOTP last night).

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
I carry a spoon (with sweeteners) in side pocket of my cargo pants for when I'm out and about, but they (the spoons) keeps disappearing - bit of an everlasting mystery. My original brass engraved love spoon went years ago, followed by a spade end spatula that was a godsend as a screwdriver. Latest incarnation was a Jack Daniels No 7 cocktail twizzler stick (charity shop) that stuck in my leg whenever I sat down - retrieved it from under the car seat twice. Sad it's gone.
Just got a pair of new latte spoons (8") from Ebay for less than a price of a cup of coffee. I'm sure the fork end won't cause me any trouble.

Spoon_763.jpg

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Reaction score
My wife has just bought me a decent gaming laptop after taking over my study due to lockdown. Even if stuff is opened up her place of work have told her to work from home. Bittersweet as I'd wish she bloody go back to work so I can have the place to myself again.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I carry a spoon (with sweeteners) in side pocket of my cargo pants for when I'm out and about, but they (the spoons) keeps disappearing - bit of an everlasting mystery. My original brass engraved love spoon went years ago, followed by a spade end spatula that was a godsend as a screwdriver. Latest incarnation was a Jack Daniels No 7 cocktail twizzler stick (charity shop) that stuck in my leg whenever I sat down - retrieved it from under the car seat twice. Sad it's gone.
Just got a pair of new latte spoons (8") from Ebay for less than a price of a cup of coffee. I'm sure the fork end won't cause me any trouble.

View attachment 26520
You've inspired me to buy a pickle fork (well, a set of 2 food-grabbing gadgets) to replace the one of mine that's gone missing.

I love pickled onions.