Stuff You've Just Bought

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A small piece of mammoth meat for my collection of weird stuff.
The specimen is a fragment of woolly mammoth muscle tissue, radiocarbon dated to 19,551 years old. The specimen comes from a well-preserved woolly mammoth leg discovered near the Indigkra River in Siberia, Russia.
Fortean curiosity demands you cook and eat it!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
And you can ask the doctor what's up.
Did you know... that Bugs Bunny (carrots, attitude, toothy) was based partly on Clark Gable in It Happened One Night, when Gable's character crunches carrots while trying to hitch a ride, and partly on Groucho Marx.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
The complete collection of Ghost In The Shell anime on DVD - this was yesterday, and today I discover the store is having a 20% off sale on their DVD/Blu-Ray collection...:mad::incan:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
A small piece of mammoth meat for my collection of weird stuff.
The specimen is a fragment of woolly mammoth muscle tissue, radiocarbon dated to 19,551 years old. The specimen comes from a well-preserved woolly mammoth leg discovered near the Indigkra River in Siberia, Russia.
Cool, who did you buy that from? ..

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
There's a website that sells such things when they become available, along with bits and pieces of dinosaurs and other relics and artifacts. They are only small pieces, but interesting to own.
I'm love a bit of mammoth .. I've seen places that sell just the fur before .. what's the website mate? ..

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
I'm love a bit of mammoth .. I've seen places that sell just the fur before .. what's the website mate? ..
There's a website that sells such things when they become available, along with bits and pieces of dinosaurs and other relics and artifacts. They are only small pieces, but interesting to own.
Keep hold of it - In a couple of years, they'll be selling DIY cloning kits.

Last edited:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Where would you keep your mammoth though?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I was watching an interesting documentary today, and part of it had this workshop carving ivory. I was ready to be appalled, until the head guy explained he didn't use elephant ivory, he used mammoth ivory, which was taken from Siberian finds.

That's good, I thought, until I realised that global warming is getting pretty bad if thousands of years old mammoth corpses are being uncovered in the big thaw up north, enough for people to turn a profit on.

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score
I was watching an interesting documentary today, and part of it had this workshop carving ivory. I was ready to be appalled, until the head guy explained he didn't use elephant ivory, he used mammoth ivory, which was taken from Siberian finds.

That's good, I thought, until I realised that global warming is getting pretty bad if thousands of years old mammoth corpses are being uncovered in the big thaw up north, enough for people to turn a profit on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetable_ivory
These little beauties are a great substitute, carves very well and no animal dies..:)

Trevp666

Reaction score
In the freezer, next to the chips.
No, I meant the alive cloned ones. I mean, I've got a garden big enough to keep a mammoth in (at a pinch) but what if you live in a 3rd floor flat in, lets say, Wandsworth?

Trevp666

Reaction score
Then where would I put my bike?

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
A book. Military Encounters with Extraterrestrials by Frank Joseph

Reactions: Sie

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Bought the Transformers toy Astrotrain, as he's one of my favourites in that series...

And in case anyone is wondering, that's my thumb, not my toe, in the picture...
thumbnail_IMG_20200622_153213.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20200622_153159.jpg

melon24

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I didn't buy it but hired it.

A Skip and very fine it is too.
Hooray - we have also hired a skip and has just arrived! Along with the roofers! Very exciting (for me anyway). Doing lots of work on the house and, yes, poltergeist activity has started up again - will post up on the relevant thread.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Hooray - we have also hired a skip and has just arrived! Along with the roofers! Very exciting (for me anyway). Doing lots of work on the house and, yes, poltergeist activity has started up again - will post up on the relevant thread.
Ooooh, which thread?

We too have activity when we do alterations. Not in the garden though, it seems weeding and planting are permitted!