Stuff You've Just Bought

melon24

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Ooooh, which thread?

We too have activity when we do alterations. Not in the garden though, it seems weeding and planting are permitted!
Poltergeist thread:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/poltergeists.20701/page-5

What my husband has had all his life isn't classic poltergeist as he also has been aware of a being, a woman, who has been with him ever since he can remember. She is 'distant' now, but much of the paranormal stuff in the past was mediated through her, somehow.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
IMG_1.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG5.JPG
yes i got a camera.
IMG_6.JPG

Last edited:

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The complete para handy by Neil Munro. Loved it as a teen and I still love it as a sensible mature adult.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Para Handy is terrific. I read it down in Campeltown as lots of mentions there and I was feeling left out.

But, -you will need to read it out loud to understand him. (Like `Oor Wullie`)

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I bought a handheld steamer from K Mart on Thursday and spent part of yesterday cleaning parts of the bathroom.
It's very good on the grouting in the shower, I didn't realise how much dirt would come off.
I had seen someone recommend it online and remembered that I used to have a steamer years ago.
I found the box with the accessories but not the machine so it probably broke and was thrown away.
This one was about a quarter the price of the next cheapest one so I figured if it didn't work it wouldn't matter as much.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Star Blazes 2199 parts one and two, Star Blazes 2202 Part One (part two out of stock, sadly). Bought as part of a Buy Two Get Cheapest One Free deal, also The Wind Rises.

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Para Handy is terrific. I read it down in Campeltown as lots of mentions there and I was feeling left out.

But, -you will need to read it out loud to understand him. (Like `Oor Wullie`)
No me, I am chust one o brutains hardy sons.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
One of our Mordaunt Short speakers in the dining room is missing its badge – it annoys me whenever I see it. So today I purchased these little beauties from the USA for $9.99 plus $2 p&p. I'll take off the one that's in situ so that the two are identical. Result!

s-l400.jpg

Our next purchase is likely to be a bit bigger and more expensive – an iPad to replace my Dad's 2012 model that's on its last legs. He's used to Macs as the first computer he had was a second-hand Mac from my employer, and I'm not going to introduce him to Windows at the age of 86! He'll be paying for it. He might act like a miser (correct that, he does) but he's got more money than he'll ever spend...

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
One of our Mordaunt Short speakers in the dining room is missing its badge – it annoys me whenever I see it. So today I purchased these little beauties from the USA for $9.99 plus $2 p&p. I'll take off the one that's in situ so that the two are identical. Result!

View attachment 27690

Our next purchase is likely to be a bit bigger and more expensive – an iPad to replace my Dad's 2012 model that's on its last legs. He's used to Macs as the first computer he had was a second-hand Mac from my employer, and I'm not going to introduce him to Windows at the age of 86! He'll be paying for it. He might act like a miser (correct that, he does) but he's got more money than he'll ever spend...
I have a mezzo 9 subwoofer from them.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Bought a couple of CDs this week after reminiscing about some of the stuff I used to listen to years ago and realising that I no longer had any copies of them.
Island Life - Grace Jones
Signing Off - UB40.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
For the past week my wife and I have been away in Canberra and have had the chance to visit a number of rather lovely country towns that we've not had the chance to visit for some years. As such, we've ended up buying countless jars and bottles of locally produced jams, chutneys, pickles, mustards and sauces. I'm looking forward to trying them all once back home tomorrow.
We also discovered and bought a wonderful antique framed map of part of the coast of New South Wales in perfect condition.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
For the past week my wife and I have been away in Canberra and have had the chance to visit a number of rather lovely country towns that we've not had the chance to visit for some years. As such, we've ended up buying countless jars and bottles of locally produced jams, chutneys, pickles, mustards and sauces. I'm looking forward to trying them all once back home tomorrow.
We also discovered and bought a wonderful antique framed map of part of the coast of New South Wales in perfect condition.
No, I'm not jealous at all, don't know what you're talking about...

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
Nom! and also a general picture of the map would be nice :twothumbs:

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
My sister-in-law lives in Canberra.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Bought a couple of CDs this week after reminiscing about some of the stuff I used to listen to years ago and realising that I no longer had any copies of them.
Island Life - Grace Jones
Signing Off - UB40.
I bought a 5 CD set of Fairport Convention last week for the same reasons. How could it have been 40 years since I played 'Time will Show the Wiser' ? - especially since its significance on a Cornwall trip when I was 16.

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
I bought a 5 CD set of Fairport Convention last week for the same reasons. How could it have been 40 years since I played 'Time will Show the Wiser' ? - especially since its significance on a Cornwall trip when I was 16.
I bought a 5CD set of Sandy Denny this week and have been loving it. I first heard Sandy's solo work in my early twenties and, although I loved her voice, wasn't mad on the music. Now, two decades on, I'm really enjoying discovering all these fantastic songs that I now appreciate much more.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Bought a massive stainless steel roasting tin/casserole dish. We already have an enamel one but this one is shiny.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Bought a massive stainless steel roasting tin/casserole dish. We already have an enamel one but this one is shiny.
Ah, yes, they start out as shiny, and you kid tell yourself it will remain shiny, but after five years of roasts/casseroles, it's just as shop worn as everything else in the kitchen...

With one exception...
8f2d47feb62dc7a8dc300fb52adc8ca2--sexy-guys-sexy-men.jpg

Last edited:

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just received an Apeman A80 action camera for cycling – it's not so I can watch my rides, but – unfortunately – so that I have evidence in case of bad drivers.

I've had some shockers in the last month or two – normally dangerous to absurdly dangerous close overtakes or overtakes in totally unsuitable places. Hey, driver, that's a brow of a hill; hey, driver, that's a bend. Glad you can see what's there when I can't, but I'll be the one who'll pay the price when you have to pull in. And I want evidence of this. A few days ago I could hear a car try to overtake me coming to a pinch point in the road so I made it impossible (there wouldn't be room for a safe overtake) so the driver just drove on the on the wrong side of a pedestrian island to save those, oh, maybe two or three seconds. Dickhead.

When I get back to work we're going to ask our employer to supply high-quality front and rear cameras from GoPro or the like; in the meantime I'll have a cheap (£60) handlebar- or helmet-mounted camera.

61atATmXOeL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just received an Apeman A80 action camera for cycling – it's not so I can watch my rides, but – unfortunately – so that I have evidence in case of bad drivers.

I've had some shockers in the last month or two – normally dangerous to absurdly dangerous close overtakes or overtakes in totally unsuitable places. Hey, driver, that's a brow of a hill; hey, driver, that's a bend. Glad you can see what's there when I can't, but I'll be the one who'll pay the price when you have to pull in. And I want evidence of this. A few days ago I could hear a car try to overtake me coming to a pinch point in the road so I made it impossible (there wouldn't be room for a safe overtake) so the driver just drove on the on the wrong side of a pedestrian island to save those, oh, maybe two or three seconds. Dickhead.

When I get back to work we're going to ask our employer to supply high-quality front and rear cameras from GoPro or the like; in the meantime I'll have a cheap (£60) handlebar- or helmet-mounted camera.

View attachment 27783
What's your opinion on the picture quality of this?

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
What's your opinion on the picture quality of this?
I'll report back – it's meant to be okay, which is all I need, clear enough to read a car number plate. I doubt it'll match a GoPro but I don't need high specs. I'm looking to buy a digital camera soon to replace my 10-year-old Canon and the picture quality will be everything for that.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Bought myself one of these
Ring RCT6000 Cordless Digital Tyre Inflator 865/8753
from Argos for £90.
No more foot pump for 15 minutes when the slow puncture becomes enough to require sorting!
Cordless rechargeable either from a home socket or car 12v.
Inflates & deflates to whichever specified pressure you want.
Has adaptors for all the usual things, car, bike, football, inflatable items like lilo or bed etc.
Has a bright LED light and a USB socket (so you can charge your phone etc)

1594035657700.png