Stuff You've Just Bought

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
You are living the dream scarg.....lol

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Needed a new washing up bowl so I could use the old one for moving plants. Bought one with soft panels on the sides to hold it by and, AND, an actual draining plug. So you don't even have to tip it over to empty it. £2.50. What a time to be alive.
Washing up bowl? No kitchen sink at Chateaux Escargot?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Managed the bulk of the Christmas presents in one virtual swoop last night.

As ever, I overspent in order to get the job done and not feel like a rotter.

As ever, I'd quite like most of the presents myself: although I don't tend to wear much perfume now days.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I skipped work earlier, went to my buddy’s gun shop and bought a Berreta Ultra Light Gold 12 bore Shotgun. Second hand but in very good condition and weighs only 6lb. Makes a big difference when walking round fields for 8 hours, hopefully no more aching arms and shoulders.
1607451203968.jpeg

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
I skipped work earlier, went to my buddy’s gun shop and bought a Berreta Ultra Light Gold 12 bore Shotgun. Second hand but in very good condition and weighs only 6lb. Makes a big difference when walking round fields for 8 hours, hopefully no more aching arms and shoulders.
View attachment 32416
Take the Berreta back and swap it for a Beretta. They're even better.

;)

maximus otter

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I thought it was 'betterer'?

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The new Avalanches album We Will Always Love You.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A Wiltshire flag patch.

Probably a good idea but as yet I have nowhere to put it; All my hats have patches already and I havent the heart to profane my North face rucksack.

My other patch location is my denim jacket but I am reserving that for Space patches (if I can afford them)

And the mundane ones go on my woollen poncho.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A Wiltshire flag patch.

Probably a good idea but as yet I have nowhere to put it; All my hats have patches already and I havent the heart to profane my North face rucksack.

My other patch location is my denim jacket but I am reserving that for Space patches (if I can afford them)

And the mundane ones go on my woollen poncho.
4867167758_c828102a53_b.jpg

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I've just had a disappointing delivery. I'd ordered a jigsaw for a friend's Christmas present from Etsy. It arrived a week ago and they'd sent me the wrong one (to be fair, it was the title of the one I'd ordered but not the picture of the ordered one, they'd got their site mixed up). I contacted them and they said they'd send me the right one.

Well they did, but it looks as though they'd had to run out to the local charity shop to buy it. There's a price been ripped off the box, which is battered to hell and the pieces are loose in the box with a freezer bag thrown in on top to put them in. I haven't got time to buy a replacement as I'll see friend on Thursday, so I've had to wrap it up as is. At least I'm keeping the 'wrong' one (but it's not a puzzle that friend would be interested in, unfortunately). I'm going to have to chuck in a lot of chocolate to make up for it.

Schrodinger's Zebra

looking for cracks in the pavement.
Reaction score
Spotted this when we were shopping in Asda t'other night. It's Swedish and it's passion-fruit flavoured so I asked Mr Zebra if we could try some.

Mr Zebra is advising that I might want to have a stand-by can of pepsi to hand for when I try it, just in case. He forsees that I will take one swig, proclaim "it tastes of alcohol" and promptly gulp down the pepsi to take away said alcohol-taste whilst he finishes off the Rekorderlig.

1607783226206.png

Schrodinger's Zebra

looking for cracks in the pavement.
Reaction score
Does Mr Zebra have power of veto then? Don't you just lob what you fancy in the trolley?
We both ask each other about things like that, to be honest. Same with buying anything; we wouldn't just spend money without checking with the other person first. Tis partly their money too, after all! :)

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve just bought another bottle of Shackleton whisky, a current favourite tipple of mine. It was on special. It would have been rude not to.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We both ask each other about things like that, to be honest. Same with buying anything; we wouldn't just spend money without checking with the other person first. Tis partly their money too, after all! :)
It's the other way round in the Mollusc household: one of us will burst in brandishing some weird food or drink item shouting 'Look what I'VE got!' and the other will eagerly fall upon it.