Stuff You've Just Bought

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Ah but what about a pinball machine that possibly features you in it as this one is a Lethal Weapon machine!
I think just about everything in that room features him; I think there may be a picture of me on a wall somewhere in our house, but I'm not sure!

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
Not 'bought' exactly. I've just rejoined the Musicians Union after a 40 year gap. Not because I expect to be earning money as a musician any time soon, but really to show solidarity with my fellow musos many of whom are suffering terribly from the current circumstances. (Danny, Matty, thinking of you)

However I just had a call from them which cheered me up immensely - it was along the lines of 'Are you the Cochise who used to be a member in Southend in the 70's?' Yes I am. And what fabulous records they must keep!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Clearly money does not mean style. Nor does it mean tastefully presented. And why does it look like a mall on the outside?
.. and why isn't there a Home Alone poster in there? .. his kitchen is very industry/Italian/Subway though .. I know my way around that set up as well ..

Last edited:

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Clearly money does not mean style. Nor does it mean tastefully presented. And why does it look like a mall on the outside?
My daughter buys one of those weekly magazines that always has pictures of well known women in their latest clothes.
We always fall about laughing at how ugly the clothes are and have said that money obviously doesn't buy taste.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
My daughter buys one of those weekly magazines that always has pictures of well known women in their latest clothes.
We always fall about laughing at how ugly the clothes are and have said that money obviously doesn't buy taste.
What I find ugly are fabrics with designs of chains on. Sooo flashy and vulgar.

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score
Ah, but it's got a pinball machine in it, so it's not all bad – though on the whole it lacks a little, er, taste!

I'd love a pinball machine, though I'd probably get even less work done than I do now, which is saying something. It would have to be a Bally, too, not the inferior Gottlieb or Williams models. I reckon a 'Kiss', 'Fathom' or 'Lost World' from the 1970s/80s, all now fantastically expensive.
What about one of those Alien pinball machines? Spent hours on those as a student. And some dreadful one that used to say ‘play me again!‘ in a breathy voice when you put money in it. Can’t even remember what it was called. Fumbles on google........

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
*removes Hermes scarf from List of Presents For Mme Snail* :(
o_O

Oh Lord, they are ugly. Ugly AND expensive. :chuckle:

Doesn't Tony Soprano give his cravenly materialistic wife one?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
What about one of those Alien pinball machines? Spent hours on those as a student. And some dreadful one that used to say ‘play me again!‘ in a breathy voice when you put money in it. Can’t even remember what it was called. Fumbles on google........
I used to live over the road from an amusement arcade in Cromer. You'd step out of your front door and a perky woman's voice from one of the machines would invite: "Hi .. would you like to have a go?". First time we heard it, my flatmate said "You cheeky girl! .. I don't even know her!?" :)

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
my new record player projcet debut carbon dc that came with a ortofon m2 red pre installd and my old record palyer i accidentally damaged a wire when changeing to a new cartridge.
IMG_0033.JPG
£299 from amazon that was the cheapest price i coud find it for.

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Bought these - 80 zip pulls, about £8.

zip pulls.jpg

They are good for replacing broken ones. Some clothes and bags don't have them so I install these for easy zipping.
Had some last year but misplaced them and Techy was whingeing so I splashed out for another set.

Another little parcel has just arrived - a hump jumper. Can't WAIT to play with that. :chuckle:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I remember when pubs used to have pinball machines in.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Bought these - 80 zip pulls, about £8.

View attachment 35185

They are good for replacing broken ones. Some clothes and bags don't have them so I install these for easy zipping.
Had some last year but misplaced them and Techy was whingeing so I splashed out for another set.

Another little parcel has just arrived - a hump jumper. Can't WAIT to play with that. :chuckle:
So many questions, none of them clean...

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Ah I forgot to post one more thing I got.
image.jpeg